Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
S/O Why the doona hate?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 4:52 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
What I don’t understand is why those who like the doona are SO antagonistic towards those who don’t. If it works for you that’s great, but why does it have to work for everyone?

No one went around badmouthing people who use snap and go or anything else.

Some posters however literally put down 95% of women who own doonas that they must be idiots for using them.

As someone who usually does not follow trends but have LOVED my doona every single day of my baby’s (now child) first year, and as someone who highly recommends them to anyone who asks me advise, I felt a need to defend the 95% that was mocked, simple.

You can climb off your ladder now.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 5:59 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
No one went around badmouthing people who use snap and go or anything else.

Some posters however literally put down 95% of women who own doonas that they must be idiots for using them.

As someone who usually does not follow trends but have LOVED my doona every single day of my baby’s (now child) first year, and as someone who highly recommends them to anyone who asks me advise, I felt a need to defend the 95% that was mocked, simple.

You can climb off your ladder now.

You can climb off of yours too. It was one poster, maybe two. Everyone else is just explaining why they don’t like it. I’m legit happy for you that you loved your doona. I’m happy you found something that works for you. Is it ok with you if it doesn’t work for me?

amother
Brickred

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 6:05 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
It’s a shame baby wearing isn’t done here in BP….

I did it when I visited NY. Not sure what day I was stared at more- the day I used the Bjorn or the day I pushed my Graco stroller and no, not the one that looks like a fake uppababy or fancier stroller. A travel system stroller!).

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 6:05 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
You can climb off of yours too. It was one poster, maybe two. Everyone else is just explaining why they don’t like it. I’m legit happy for you that you loved your doona. I’m happy you found something that works for you. Is it ok with you if it doesn’t work for me?

Of course! Without a doubt.

I’m NOT ok with people who put down “95% of the community” and claim to know why people buy products that are being sold all over the country, better than the people themselves.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Oct 07 2022, 6:07 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
I did it when I visited NY. Not sure what day I was stared at more- the day I used the Bjorn or the day I pushed my Graco stroller and no, not the one that looks like a fake uppababy or fancier stroller. A travel system stroller!).

I’ve worn my newborn in one of the Communites were it’s not accepted. Some stared, and some came over to tell me ‘how smart!’. Should TOTALLY become a thing.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 3:56 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Some moms may be a supermom for taking two babies shopping at the same time. You have no idea what a supermom is for each individual. Instead of making fun of someone who is pushing a doona and a shopping cart, why don't you look for the positive in what they are doing.

I didn't make fun of anyone.

If someone feels like supermom because she took two babies shopping at once, cool for her.

But let's not make her behavior - pushing a stroller and a shopping cart while talking on the phone, paying attention to neither child and barely paying attention to her surroundings, while presenting a danger to others AND acting like a martyr to herself - is something worthy of looking up to and being praised and put on a pedestal.

Let's not normalize this behavior or praise it. That's what I'm saying.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 4:01 pm
amother Brown wrote:
You have a source for that- specifically for infants? I’d be interested to see that. I’ve never heard someone claim this before. Blood clots during travel is certainly a concern for adults, but infants are basically immobile even without car seat use. And airway is an issue even in the correct position. Which is why car seat time should be limited.

I don't have a source for it for infants, offhand, but yes it's an issue. Just like for adults - why would infants be different?

But the biggest issue is that the car seat position is really bad for babies' spines.

So now there are three risks:
- blood clots
- spine/ posture issues
- airway obstruction

By the way, all those strollers that don't fully recline, but the baby sits and then you tilt the whole seat back so that baby's legs are up? Those are also not good for babies. When you are lying down you are supposed to be horizontal, flat, not with your legs up as if you are still sitting.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 9:24 pm
The reason why I bash the doona on imamother is because I rarely get the chance to irl. Nearly everyone has a doona! I don’t want to insult neighbors, relatives or friends for their choices but I do like to complain with people who get it about how dumb it is that they spend all that money and it’s not even a good car seat. It’s like if everyone hired the tailors in the emperor had no clothes story and you didn’t want to make them feel bad but you did want to discuss with others who also saw the emperor had no clothes so you know you’re not crazy and what you’re seeing is actually happening.

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Oct 08 2022, 11:17 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
I don't have a source for it for infants, offhand, but yes it's an issue. Just like for adults - why would infants be different?

But the biggest issue is that the car seat position is really bad for babies' spines.

So now there are three risks:
- blood clots
- spine/ posture issues
- airway obstruction

By the way, all those strollers that don't fully recline, but the baby sits and then you tilt the whole seat back so that baby's legs are up? Those are also not good for babies. When you are lying down you are supposed to be horizontal, flat, not with your legs up as if you are still sitting.

Causes of blood clots in infants and children:
https://www.stoptheclot.org/ab.....dren/

Clotting factor disorders, cancer, lupus, polycythemia. Not car seats. Claiming that a medical issue exists requires something to back it up. You cannot back it up. You just say why not. Newborns are not at risk for this the way adults are. No bueno.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics