Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami Magazine story on Daskal Family helicopter crash
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 3:12 am
It was a very painful read.
I knew almost all of the couples in the crash… (mutual acquaintances etc …).
I remember the crash and hearing the news very clearly as well as the peoples’ reactions around me ….( I was in camp with many of the victims relatives etc .)

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 6:22 am
I was married just about 2 months when this happened and it shook me to the core
5 people passed away means - 2 couples and one husband.
or were more families nebech affected?

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 6:26 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
I was married just about 2 months when this happened and it shook me to the core
5 people passed away means - 2 couples and one husband.
or were more families nebech affected?

1 couple and 3 husbands.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 6:52 am
thanks for responding
agree with other posters that this is not a read for a Sukkos issue
May Moshiach come speedily and release all from their suffering

amother
Lightgreen

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 10:30 am
It was a painful read, but like a previous poster said, it did put things in perspective and made me feel grateful for my life. I found it so unbelievable how much her family did for her in the early days, all the travel back and forth, taking care of her children, moving back from Israel earlier than planned to save the family business etc. Seems like there was nothing they wouldnt do to help one another.
I kept hoping for a good ending. May hashem send a yeshua.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 4:45 pm
its in the ami living or the magazine?

chestnut

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 4:46 pm
amother Jade wrote:

Ami living

Fave

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 4:48 pm
amother Jade wrote:

AMI Living.

The magazine had the story of the Saba Family helicopter crash.

I guess helicopter disasters was a running theme in the Sukkos issue…

chestnut

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 5:00 pm
It was so heartbreaking to read about Chany's condition the past many years, after so many miracles and push throughs that happened in the hospital after the tragedy...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 7:18 pm
What was the point?

DREAMING

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 9:06 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
What was the point?

To sell papers?

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 9:51 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
What was the point?

The author wrote it was for the purpose of showing emunah

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 2:57 am
Very hard to have emunah reading a story of someone suffering so terribly for so many years especially when it described how hard she fought in the beginning for her kids. Hard to understand. Just a terrible story Hashem should help.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 12:18 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Very hard to have emunah reading a story of someone suffering so terribly for so many years especially when it described how hard she fought in the beginning for her kids. Hard to understand. Just a terrible story Hashem should help.

Can someone please link the story or put a photo? Would really like to read it.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 2:17 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Can someone please link the story or put a photo? Would really like to read it.

Buy the magazine

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Oct 15 2022, 4:48 pm
At first I was really upset that they put this story into a yomtov issue however after reading it thoroughly I have to say The story was written highlighting the emunah and positivity of the family.

Not even once did they mention the heartrending pain of chanys beautiful past and what is left. And that really struck me as a deep valuable yomtov family time lesson.

I have a close family member that went from a beautiful young healthy mother to completely bedridden hardly communicative from a sudden degenerative disease and although it's been years we still deeply mourn her beautiful past and the grief of what was and what could've been has its way of choking us every now and then. Reading chanys story did end up giving me the simchas yomtov of accepting hashems very painful mysterious plan without kvetching about it to much...

Refuos and yeshuos to all

balibusta

Post Sat, Oct 15 2022, 6:59 pm
A couple that split without children that both survived why would the split have to do with the crash?

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Oct 15 2022, 7:01 pm
balibusta wrote:
A couple that split without children that both survived why would the split have to do with the crash?

They split in two different helicopters so one survived and one didn’t they did not have children

Coffee Addict

Post Sat, Oct 15 2022, 7:13 pm
Like everyone here, I was deeply affected reading this story. It’s such a tragic story, yet so inspiring. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. She’s lucky to have such a amazing and devoted family.

The fact that she spoke already, and recovering, and than boom. Everything went downhill 👿👿👿. So so painful. Hashem please send her a full recovery and take away the pain from all of us quickly!!

I was also thinking about her boys. I understand that they left out details for privacy, bit still I’m wondering how they are?

amother
Caramel

Post Sat, Oct 15 2022, 7:17 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
Like everyone here, I was deeply affected reading this story. It’s such a tragic story, yet so inspiring. I couldn’t stop thinking about it. She’s lucky to have such a amazing and devoted family.

The fact that she spoke already, and recovering, and than boom. Everything went downhill 👿👿👿. So so painful. Hashem please send her a full recovery and take away the pain from all of us quickly!!

I was also thinking about her boys. I understand that they left out details for privacy, bit still I’m wondering how they are?

Her family is amazing I wonder if I would be such an amazing sister ! Definitely that was heartwarming the story is heartbreaking but had many wonderful heartwarming details. The sons were brought up between her sister and her mom I had heard.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room