Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Who can find me a sweater that’s warm and comfy?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 7:49 pm
It’s getting chilly here.

And I have lots of sweaters, but the wool ones are too pricey to wear while cooking and cleaning, which is most of my day. The polyester and acrylic ones are usually cheap junk that get pilly quickly, and don’t keep me as warm as wool.

And I have short arms, so anything with large sleeves ends up getting wet every time I wash my hands, and defeats the purpose of a sweater!

Shiny linings inside sweaters make me feel cold and uncomfortable.

Any ideas?

I love the Sherpa look and feel, but most have the uncomfy shiny linings. Even if it’s not shiny, a stiff lining defeats the purpose, as I need to be able to EASILY bend my elbows and do housework, and push up the sleeves when I’m doing dishes.

Wow, who knew it could be so hard to find a sweater?

And I’m home alone for a large part of the day, and want to keep the heat low then, as heating the house is pricey since we have very high ceilings.

Thanks!

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 8:02 pm
Zara's classic knit line is amazing. So comfortable and they last forever

SG18

Post Wed, Oct 12 2022, 11:12 pm
I love Target sweaters

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 12:23 am
I wear a quilted Gilet. It’s the best thing ever. Keeps me nice and toasty.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 1:39 am
Double

Last edited by dankbar on Thu, Oct 13 2022, 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 1:39 am
dankbar wrote:
Why don't you use sweat tops and hoodies for house.

Velour tops Is another option

imaima

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 2:12 am
amother OP wrote:
It’s getting chilly here.

And I have lots of sweaters, but the wool ones are too pricey to wear while cooking and cleaning, which is most of my day. The polyester and acrylic ones are usually cheap junk that get pilly quickly, and don’t keep me as warm as wool.

And I have short arms, so anything with large sleeves ends up getting wet every time I wash my hands, and defeats the purpose of a sweater!

Shiny linings inside sweaters make me feel cold and uncomfortable.

Any ideas?

I love the Sherpa look and feel, but most have the uncomfy shiny linings. Even if it’s not shiny, a stiff lining defeats the purpose, as I need to be able to EASILY bend my elbows and do housework, and push up the sleeves when I’m doing dishes.

Wow, who knew it could be so hard to find a sweater?

And I’m home alone for a large part of the day, and want to keep the heat low then, as heating the house is pricey since we have very high ceilings.

Thanks!

Wear sweatshirts with a high cotton count. Anything of sweatshirt material. It meets all of your criteria

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 4:43 am
imaima wrote:
Wear sweatshirts with a high cotton count. Anything of sweatshirt material. It meets all of your criteria

Nearly all of my sweatshirts get lots of pills, some even before I’ve washed them! I don’t want to feel or look like a shmata, but that’s the look of sweatshirts. Unless I’m buying the wrong ones?

imaima

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 4:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Nearly all of my sweatshirts get lots of pills, some even before I’ve washed them! I don’t want to feel or look like a shmata, but that’s the look of sweatshirts. Unless I’m buying the wrong ones?

My sweatshirts don’t pill at all. How can they pill if they have a smooth surface and not fluffy?
You can shave off pills with a cheap device.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics