Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Raizy Fried - Likoved Shabbos Kodesh Cookbook
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 11:52 pm
I’m not looking to start a thread about Raizy’s new app so please start a different thread to discuss that.

My husband wants to get me a cookbook. What’s the cookbook like? Is it worth the price?
Can I find nice salad, dessert, sides recipes for weekday dinners? Or only shabbos food?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Thu, Oct 13 2022, 11:57 pm
I use it every shabbos since I got it...and I was married 12+years...her recipes are very traditional and yet I never mastered such good gefilta fish or matzah balls...I also make her sweet salmon

amother
Mayflower

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 12:04 am
This is the best cookbook I've ever owned, and I have quite a collection. I use it the most. Most of my yom tov was from that cookbook. Easy to follow recipes and absolutely delicious.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 12:31 am
It's good traditional Shabbos food but no not really for weekday dinner etc.

newinbp

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 1:07 am
I bought it and I haven't cooked from it once yet. I already make fish chicken soup kugel, etc., and am not looking to re learn how to make those basics. I felt like the baking desserts may have been too many steps for me? Or I was somehow intimidated so didn't try yet. I do think the book is asthetically beautiful and I like the parts about how she brings beauty to shabbos, etc. I don't regret buying it, just haven't quite used it yet I guess. Hatzlacha raba and gut shabbos/Yom tov!

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 1:11 am
I skipped all her talk and use some of the recipes. It's real basic shabbos good. Great for beginners.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 2:43 am
I love the yellow Nitra for Shabbos cooking/baking. It might not have the fancy talk or pictures, but the recipes are simply good. Anyways, I think everyone's Shabbos food has a taste of their own...

SuperWify

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 6:34 am
It’s very very heimish and traditional. Hungarian style. Not for me but great for people who like to cook like that.
I actually use a lot of her baking recipes on Instagram but the cookbook wasn’t my type.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 8:44 am
I also found it had very basic recipes. After making shabbos for 3 years, her recipes didn't seem much more exciting then what I already make. I thought it would have creative ways to upgrade my plating, or original shabbos food ideas. I've tried 2-3 recipes, then I gave the book to my sister who just got married.

Chanichani2248

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 9:15 am
I thought I probably wouldn't use it much but it's so nice actually. All the recipes I've tried came out so delicious and even my little kids enjoyed everything not just the teenagers. I've made the minute roast recipe twice over yom tov as it came out somehow with a gourmet flavour and tender soft!

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 14 2022, 9:40 am
newinbp wrote:
I bought it and I haven't cooked from it once yet. I already make fish chicken soup kugel, etc., and am not looking to re learn how to make those basics. I felt like the baking desserts may have been too many steps for me? Or I was somehow intimidated so didn't try yet. I do think the book is asthetically beautiful and I like the parts about how she brings beauty to shabbos, etc. I don't regret buying it, just haven't quite used it yet I guess. Hatzlacha raba and gut shabbos/Yom tov!

I agree. I regret buying this book.

On the other hand..my dinner done cookbook is falling apart from use.

srbmom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 5:40 pm
Bumping

Anyone have her kids book? Thoughts?

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 5:44 pm
srbmom wrote:
Bumping

Anyone have her kids book? Thoughts?

I enjoyed the original book, but this one less. It's a lot of artsncraftsy recipes like for the parsha and I don't go for that style. THere are also some plain dessert recipes but they just haven't hit the mark for me. My kids enjoy the napkin folding section.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 5:48 pm
will I like her cookbook if im sefardi lol? I dont make gefilte fish

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 6:02 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
will I like her cookbook if im sefardi lol? I dont make gefilte fish

It's only heimish Hungarian style recipes.

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 6:13 pm
It’s for sale in Bingo.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 6:32 pm
cnc wrote:
It’s for sale in Bingo.

For how much? Cheaper than in the bookstores?

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:31 pm
amother Natural wrote:
For how much? Cheaper than in the bookstores?

Serious? She said on one of her posts that she's almost out of stock and won't be reprinting. I guess it as just to generate sales. Bingo is usually overstocks or companies looking to rid of bulk products.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 8:50 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Serious? She said on one of her posts that she's almost out of stock and won't be reprinting. I guess it as just to generate sales. Bingo is usually overstocks or companies looking to rid of bulk products.

cnc is prob referring to the second book

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 9:09 pm
amother Natural wrote:
cnc is prob referring to the second book

The same one Raizy Fried was talking about.

The first one is sold out and not being reprinted.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics