Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Tips for indoor photography

GAMZu

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 10:46 pm
All the (free) lessons I found online only talk about indoor photography that involves extra lighting, a shade box for the flash, keeping the subject still in one spot, etc.
Basically, portrait style.

I'm looking to improve my indoor photography without all that.

As it always happens, flash makes the picture colorless, flat, and dull. Overexposed and underexposed parts.

Without flash it's just very dark.

Raising exposure compensation sets the picture up to a lot of blur.

What I usually do is turn off the flash, raise exposure compensation, turn on the 2 second timer (so the camera has time to stabilize from the movement of pressing the shutter.)

Sometimes I use flash and turn e. compensation to the highest. That sometimes gives good results.

What other tips are there to taking good indoor pics? Without outside equipment.

Maya

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 10:47 pm
A tripod is the only way to go. There are tiny ones to put on a table, or even floor ones that fold. And they're quite cheap.

GAMZu

Post Thu, May 29 2008, 11:05 pm
Sometimes I put the camera right on the table. I'm getting a table-top tripod, too. But that only helps very little. I can't be limited to the area where the camera stands, unless I'm photographing flowers or something. LOL
The new camera I'm buying will have image stabilization, so that will help matters a bit.
I'm wondering if there are any other settings I can play around with that will help.

greentiger

Post Fri, May 30 2008, 8:46 am
Take the picture in a room with a large window midday Smile thats the only thing that works for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art