Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Label says to wash with color catcher?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 21 2022, 5:26 pm
Does it work? Which one do you use?

ra_mom

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 7:37 pm
Yes it works (and if the label says to do so, they must know that the colors bleed onto each other if color catcher isn't used).
https://www.walgreens.com/stor.....w_wcB

amother
Holly

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:14 pm
Yes! And sometimes one is not enough!
I have burnt orange dresses with white collars for my girls this season and I wash them alone with 4 color catchers each time.
My sister has the same dress for her girls and the collars aren’t so white anymore cuz she “only” used one color catcher. (I learned from her mistake and used four lol)

I’ll be supporting shout this winter 😁😁

DreamerForever

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 9:23 pm
I use colour catcher in my coloured loads all year round.

And when I wash any new things, I'll use 2 or 3. You can see that it worked if you look at the sheets after the load, and they are saturated with the colour of the clothes.

I'm in Uk and use Dylon. They're great.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:08 pm
thank you

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:08 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
I use colour catcher in my coloured loads all year round.

And when I wash any new things, I'll use 2 or 3. You can see that it worked if you look at the sheets after the load, and they are saturated with the colour of the clothes.

I'm in Uk and use Dylon. They're great.

Yes! I second Dylon. They are great. I use them all the time.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 10:59 pm
This is embarrassing-I’m middle aged and this is the first time I’m hearing of a color catcher. From the name and posts I’m figuring out what it is I think, but can someone tell me more (How much is it? Is it a one time use kind of thing like a dryer sheet? Do you always use it? Why? Isn’t separating lights and darks and/or washing on cold enough?)

Helenk

Post Sat, Oct 22 2022, 11:19 pm
Just wondering, how do they work? The fact that they get stained the color of the garments is not much evidence in my estimation. Presumably they just absorb water in that load, which gets colored by the garments and then transferred onto the color catcher like it would on any other white fabric. How does this prevent transfer onto any other fabric?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 12:01 am
amother Bronze wrote:
This is embarrassing-I’m middle aged and this is the first time I’m hearing of a color catcher. From the name and posts I’m figuring out what it is I think, but can someone tell me more (How much is it? Is it a one time use kind of thing like a dryer sheet? Do you always use it? Why? Isn’t separating lights and darks and/or washing on cold enough?)

One time use. Around $11 for a box of 72. Only use it as needed. Like add 4 Shout Color Catcher sheets to a load that has a black and white dress so colors don't bleed. Also add to a load of items that you're not sure all stains are completely out of (won't be enough to take out stains by itself but sometimes works as an enhancer).

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:09 am
Another vote for Dylon!

Also, I've started putting mine inside a small net bag, since they sometimes slip inside the machine and end up in the filter.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 1:22 am
ra_mom wrote:
One time use. Around $11 for a box of 72. Only use it as needed. Like add 4 Shout Color Catcher sheets to a load that has a black and white dress so colors don't bleed. Also add to a load of items that you're not sure all stains are completely out of (won't be enough to take out stains by itself but sometimes works as an enhancer).

4 in just one load?
I use just 1 sheet of Dylon per load and it’s perfect.

up

Post Sun, Oct 23 2022, 2:47 am
I use shout! Just started using them they are great......
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics