Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Does anyone else's baby hate the doona?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:11 pm
gr82no wrote:
I thought the doona was a car seat with wheels. Not a stroller.

Yikes! Call the doona police!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:11 pm
I don’t think removing the head insert can compromise the safety, many car seats don’t have it. What does the manual say? Are you allowed to remove it? At what weight can it be removed?
I’d highly recommend reading through the manual and double checking everything.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:12 pm
gr82no wrote:
I thought the doona was a car seat with wheels. Not a stroller.

It is….

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 9:13 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
I don’t think removing the head insert can compromise the safety, many car seats don’t have it. What does the manual say? Are you allowed to remove it? At what weight can it be removed?
I’d highly recommend reading through the manual and double checking everything.

Don’t remove because if u do it causes baby to have a head tilt called torta collis

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:15 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
Don’t remove because if u do it causes baby to have a head tilt called torta collis

A head tilt isn’t problematic. Babies aren’t in car seats overnight!! Heads tilt to the sides to help open their airway to breath. Very normal.

But you’re right that it’s not removable. I just read the manual and the head insert is always required.

OP, is it possible that the infant insert can give your son a better fit? It can be used until 11 lbs or until your sons shoulders reach above the bottom slot for the straps.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 25 2022, 10:17 pm
I’m really trying to help you figure this out because you spent so much on it!!! You shouldn’t have to replace it!

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 3:28 am
A head tilt isn’t problematic. Babies aren’t in car seats overnight!! Heads tilt to the sides to help open their airway to breath. Very normal.

But you’re right that it’s not removable. I just read the manual and the head insert is always required.

OP, is it possible that the infant insert can give your son a better fit? It can be used until 11 lbs or until your sons shoulders reach above the bottom slot for the straps.

A head tilt is problematic my baby needed months of therapy. And my baby was barely in it.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 5:27 am
amother Leaf wrote:
A head tilt is problematic my baby needed months of therapy. And my baby was barely in it.

Then it wasn't caused by being in the car seat.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 5:28 am
My sister in law sold her brand new doona that she used for less than a month. Her baby hated it, he shrieked when he was in it. She got a good graco car seat and baby is quiet in the car.

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 5:28 am
amother Birch wrote:
Then it wasn't caused by being in the car seat.

Please do your research and especially about doonas and yes it was triggered by that I’m not going into it on here

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:08 am

He's 15 pounds already...he's very very long. And his shoulders reach way above the bottom slot. He's basically up to the top slot. But the head insert doesn't allow him to be that high. Because his shoulders don't fit in the head insert.. So I have to pull him a bit lower but that's what causes the slump. Either way he screams alot..

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:10 am
I’m really trying to help you figure this out because you spent so much on it!!! You shouldn’t have to replace it!

I got it as a gift..im verybhappy to hold onto it until he's a bit older and can hold his body better or for the next kid but for now I'm very ready to replace it if anyone has other ideas.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:15 am
amother OP wrote:
He's 15 pounds already...he's very very long. And his shoulders reach way above the bottom slot. He's basically up to the top slot. But the head insert doesn't allow him to be that high. Because his shoulders don't fit in the head insert.. So I have to pull him a bit lower but that's what causes the slump. Either way he screams alot..

Seriously take the darn head insert out it’s not meant for such big babies! You don’t see people walking around with the head insert!

little neshamala

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:16 am
amother OP wrote:
I got it as a gift..im verybhappy to hold onto it until he's a bit older and can hold his body better or for the next kid but for now I'm very ready to replace it if anyone has other ideas.

Try a graco car seat and snap n go. Honestly, I know its not the latest thing but its so comfortable, it pushes very smoothly, has a great basket underneath, and is very easy to fold-I do it one handed. So you'll have to walk 4 more steps to put it in the trunk instead of it straight on the seat, really not a big deal, and its actually lighter this way.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:21 am
I have the uppababy mesa and my baby seems very comfortable in it. She is almost a year and has never ever cried in it, or when I am putting her in it.
I have the cruz and if she falls asleep in the car then I just put the carseat on the cruz base

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:30 am
My baby also hated it. I couldn't figure out if it was because it was an uncomfortable position for because it was soooooo hot. It was the only car seat that actually overheated my child.

Probably both.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:31 am
amother Plum wrote:
My baby (now 18 months!) still loves the doona! We no longer use it as a car seat as her legs are too long, but take her in a stroll in it all the time. She insists!

I’m sure your child has legitimately outgrown the seat but legs sticking out is not an indication that.

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:33 am
amother Raspberry wrote:
Did u take out the infant insert? That makes it really squishy

This. Once I took it out my baby didn't scream in it anymore. Didn't love it. But tolerates it.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:34 am
my babys loved it. I used it as long as possible

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Oct 26 2022, 6:34 am
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics