Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Sax Vs Clarinet

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 8:56 am
My 9 year old I'd deciding between these2 instruments. Which one should we try first?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:02 am
Either is fine for beginners. They're similar in that they're both reed instruments. Anecdotally when I was a kid learning to play clarinet, mostly girls chose clarinet and boys chose sax. Maybe think about the kinds of music he could eventually play with each instrument and see what he's interested in.

someoneoutthere

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:15 am
He should choose the one that has a sound he likes best.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 9:17 am
IMHO, badly payed sax sounds better than badly played clarinet, maybe take that into account.

My son plays flute. It was on our short list back when he was 9, because we lived in an apartment at the time and it's a quieter instrument. As an adult he is not a professional-level musician but plays well enough to give lessons and play at an occasional event.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 06 2022, 3:06 pm
From what I have heard is that sax is easier and clarinet sounds nicer, will just hope we will make the best choice.
Thanks for your replies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts