Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
NYSC- does anyone use this gym.

crbc

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:22 pm
My company will start offering membership to NYSC for ony $8/ month. The catch is that you have to go at least 7 times a month or you will be kicked off the program. Still it's really cheap, and I would like to join. There is one next to my work in NYC and one in flatbush that I could go to. I am curious if anyone goes to NYSC, or went in the past- do you/ did you like it? I used to go to Lucille Roberts for a while, and liked it a lot. Also, were you comfortable exercizing in a skirt? I am thinking long slinky skirt, exercise pants, bandana- type snood. Let me know what you think, sign up is next week. Thanks.

Toot

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:24 pm
$8 a month - lucky duck! Go for it! (Can I work for your company?)

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:27 pm
NYSC for $8!!!! That's incredible!!!!!!
My roommate used to be a member, she loved it! It's a high-end gym.

octopus

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:29 pm
hey- that's a great insentive to go to the gym. go for it.

Maya

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:57 pm
I don't use that gym, but a different one. I think you will find that a short skirt will give you more room to work out than a long skirt.

cindy324

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 1:07 pm
Grab that deal!!! Here in Brooklyn, they recently opened one right near my gym, it's gorgeous and yes, it's high -end, but they want $89/month with a commitment , my gym charges $59 with a one year commitment.
Don't be surprised if you bump into some celebs there.

red sea

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 1:17 pm
NYSC is a very good gym, everyone I know who goes loves it but I only know guys who go tho they have told me there are quite a few frum women who go too. As far as exercising in a skirt - its ok but does get a bit more complicated for certain things. But 8$ thats CRAZY!!! Insane low price! Your company really wants you guys to stay in shape.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 1:25 pm
wow thats an incredible deal! Go for it. Just a little tip- if you cant really go 7 times a month you can just swipe your card when you walk in and it will register you as going...

ss321

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 2:05 pm
Im a member and I absolutely LOVE it. For that cheap, just do it! Worst case scenario youll cancel and you wouldve lost what 10 dollars? I wanna work for ur company : (
Its a really great gym because they have locations all over and you can use any one. Seriously, if it werent so covneniently located (both close to school AND home!), I would NEVER ever go to the gym. And specifically with regard to the gym in FB, its really new, so all the equpiment is brand new and shiny, its really an enjoyable experience. They have trainers and all that if youre interested.

I wear a bandanna, t-shirt, and scrubs pants. But I wear a skirt over the pants till I get to the machines. I would just get very nervous wearing a skirt on things like a bike or star master, especially now....what would be if I ch"v tripped or something...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise