Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Removing tag filter
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Are you removing your tag filter because of this story?
Yes  
 9%  [ 8 ]
No  
 75%  [ 66 ]
I can’t- I’ll explain  
 1%  [ 1 ]
I would if I had one  
 14%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 88

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:03 pm
I’m so freaked out. As soon as I’m able to I will head over there to remove my filter and find a different option.
I’m seriously bugging. Maybe there are good people working there, but I’m not taking a chance. I have all kinds of pics and convos on my phone that I would be horrified if I knew people saw and now I’m realizing it that it’s very likely that people did.

Editing to request option
I would if I had one.

[Added. Always leave the last option blank in a poll because the last option gets deleted; I don't know why. - mod]

Rappel

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:07 pm
Never had one, so I can't poll. Why are you more worried about TAG's access to your privacy than, say, Google?

taketwo

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:09 pm
Why would you remove it now? Just because someone who worked at one location of tag did some horrific things in his personal life?

FWIW I don't even have tag but I still don't see why tag is an issue because of this story.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:12 pm
Rappel wrote:
Never had one, so I can't poll. Why are you more worried about TAG's access to your privacy than, say, Google?

Firstly, ratios- google has access to millions more devices than just our communities. My chances are much lower.

Secondly, The fact that it’s one of our community. They know what to look for. Seeing a pic of a nonjewish couple snuggling is common. Not exciting. But seeing me a tznius woman and my husband a frum Torah Jew in bed is very exciting and enticing for a “frum” “anti-technology” do gooder.
(And I don’t even mean explicit pictures- it can just be cuddling- which would never get shared or shown to anyone)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:12 pm
taketwo wrote:
Why would you remove it now? Just because someone who worked at one location of tag did some horrific things in his personal life?

FWIW I don't even have tag but I still don't see why tag is an issue because of this story.

Because this made me realize how much they have access to. I thought they just put it on my phone. Now I realize my phone is actually supervised by them.

taketwo

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:19 pm
In that case if you're looking for a basic filter, I'm happy with the bulldog blocker on my phone. I did disable notifications from them because I didn't want to keep having notifications about the dangers of [filth]. It still blocks filth even with the notifications off.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:22 pm
taketwo wrote:
In that case if you're looking for a basic filter, I'm happy with the bulldog blocker on my phone. I did disable notifications from them because I didn't want to keep having notifications about the dangers of [filth]. It still blocks filth even with the notifications off.

Sure, tell me more. I actually only recently put on a filter Bec my kid is going to school and I had to sign that my devices are filtered. So I do need another option without feeling potentially violated

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:25 pm
I never had TAG on my computers or phones because my husband works in IT and always had a bad feeling about it. I sort of thought he was overreacting.... until now. I'm realizing how right he was all along.

behappy2

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:37 pm
Absolutely not.

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:46 pm
The issue is the same with tag as with any other filter company.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:50 pm
Forgive my ignorance. If tag puts a filter in your phone, that means they have access to you phone? Like pictures, text, email, browser, everything???

taketwo

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 7:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Sure, tell me more. I actually only recently put on a filter Bec my kid is going to school and I had to sign that my devices are filtered. So I do need another option without feeling potentially violated

https://play.google.com/store/.....lldog

This ^ is the one I have. I'm not sure how much access it has to my stuff, but I'm assuming it's minimal since it's so basic.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:19 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Forgive my ignorance. If tag puts a filter in your phone, that means they have access to you phone? Like pictures, text, email, browser, everything???

That’s what I just learnt.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:22 pm
This panic that some ignorant posters started is so out of hand.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:23 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:

Ignorant? Lol.

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:23 pm
Does anyone know if techloq has the same issue?
Should I be concerned?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:26 pm

Why? People were not aware that tag had access to their info. They have a right to know that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:29 pm

I’m actually panicking because I am no longer ignorant.

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:35 pm
We never used TAG because my husband refused, he said it felt too invasive.
We use kasperski and are happy with it. Theres a free version, but we pay the $15 per year option so we can get a list of websites the kids computer accesses. I like them knowing that we are watching-in my opinion thats better than any filter.

amother
Outerspace

Post Thu, Nov 17 2022, 8:36 pm

I dont think they are ignorant at all. Handing your phone over to a complete stranger and trusting him 100% to be a good trustworthy person who would never abuse the trust you place in him....people just realized that may not be the wisest move.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics