Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dr. Klapper or Dr. Press reading evaluation
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 6:25 pm
If you had your child evaluated by Dr klapper or Dr press can you let me know about your experience? Non-anon so you can PM me.

Thanks!

(Please don’t quote me.)

Last edited by amother on Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 6:33 pm
Following

oneofakind

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 6:40 pm
Dr. Klapper is an excellent optometrist but Dr. Press is very experienced with children's learning issues.

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 6:55 pm
We’ve been going to Dr Press for a little over a year now—what did you want to know?

Dc was diagnosed with strabismus (lazy eye) when they were a toddler and was being treated. We’ve been to Chop, Dr Engel and Compleataro. Switched to Dr Press when dc struggled with writing, on the OT’s recommendation. Dr Press added a slight prism for a year and we saw definite improvement.

I’d say it depends what your child’s issues are.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 6:58 pm
Dr press gave my son prism glasses and he feels more grounded. Acts much calmer

amother
Pistachio

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:32 pm
OP here. Thanks for your responses!

It see my daughter may have convergence issues which is causing her to struggle specifically with hebrew kriah.

What I really want to know is if people have a good experience in getting to the bottom of reading issues using Dr. Klapper.

He is way more affordable than Dr press. Although I would use Dr. Press if I hear he is much better than Klapper.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:40 pm
I haven't used Dr Klapper but Dr Press looks specifically at Hebrew reading in his evaluation. He also does testing that I haven't seen others do, both optometrists abs pediatric ophthalmologists.

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:42 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
OP here. Thanks for your responses!

It see my daughter may have convergence issues which is causing her to struggle specifically with hebrew kriah.

What I really want to know is if people have a good experience in getting to the bottom of reading issues using Dr. Klapper.

He is way more affordable than Dr press. Although I would use Dr. Press if I hear he is much better than Klapper.
Who referred you to Dr Klapper? AFAIK he is an optometrist not an ophthalmologist. I have never heard him recommended for these issues. I would sooner go to a different ophthalmologist if you are looking for an alternative to Press. But Press definitely knows more than the others when it comes to reading and writing.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:50 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
Who referred you to Dr Klapper? AFAIK he is an optometrist not an ophthalmologist. I have never heard him recommended for these issues. I would sooner go to a different ophthalmologist if you are looking for an alternative to Press. But Press definitely knows more than the others when it comes to reading and writing.

I don't know what his certifications are, but he offers evaluations for reading issues, and I believe gives prescriptions for prisms and refers out for vision therapy. I heard he is good, but I haven't heard anything from anyone who actually used him. Hence why I am posting here.

I can't really afford Dr press.

motherwife

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 9:45 pm
Dr Howard Sherman is excellent, in Highland Park, not sure where you're located, but for me was worth the drive from Lakewood. He also accepts uhcc as insurance, so that was amazing. Dr Press let me down with my daughter's glasses in a small but extremely significant way. Dr. Sherman fixed it.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 9:54 pm
If you really want the best - go to England! It's worth it. I don't think its significantly more money either.

Debbig

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 10:14 pm
Op I take my kids to Dr Press if you have a questions feel free to pm me or respond here.
I have not used Dr Klapper.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 10:17 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
Dr. Press is also an optometrist but he’s fcovd certified so he’s trained in developmental and behavioral vision issues and vision therapy. Ophthalmologists are actually not the address for this, their specialty is eye muscle issues and eye surgery.

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 10:42 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Dr. Press is also an optometrist but he’s fcovd certified so he’s trained in developmental and behavioral vision issues and vision therapy. Ophthalmologists are actually not the address for this, their specialty is eye muscle issues and eye surgery.
Interesting because the pediatrician told me to use ophthalmologist for strabismus which we did for a number of years. (I have a few kids with it, it’s genetic)

OT sent us to Dr Press and apart from the prism I found treatment very similar.

The Dr Sherman recommendation is interesting. Is he similar to Dr Press? Highland Park is closer than the ophthalmologist we were using.

Recently also someone suggested Dr Zelinsky in Chicago. Which would be quite a trip.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:13 am
Thanks everyone!

Im bumping this again, still hoping to find someone who's used Dr. Klapper.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 5:47 pm
OP here, bumping this one last time to last time. Still hoping to hear about Dr Klapper. Thanks!

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 5:59 pm
There's Someone in Lakewood who got trained by Dr. Alexander in England, He evaluates the child, he will recommend where to go

mom2be

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 7:16 pm
Are you talking about rabbi Weber?

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 8:03 pm
Correct,

He really guided us.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 10:46 am
Thanks, how do do I get in touch with rabbi weber?

You can PM me if you want, my username is still in the OP
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries