Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
City Mini GT2 or Valco baby?
1  2  Next

City Mini VS. Valco Baby
City Mini  
 52%  [ 9 ]
Valco Baby  
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:04 pm
City Mini GT2 or Valco baby? Please only vote if you've had yours over a year

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
if you've had yours over a year

Most people have only had one or the other...

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:09 pm
I’ve had the GT2 for 2 years now and I am so happy with it. Nice comfortable seats for kids and it wheels really nicely.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:10 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Most people have only had one or the other...

Want to know if theyre happy or not and based off the feedback they've gotten from others

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:11 pm
amother Purple wrote:
I’ve had the GT2 for 2 years now and I am so happy with it. Nice comfortable seats for kids and it wheels really nicely.

do you find that it's very heavy to open and close in/out of car?

amother
Topaz

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Want to know if theyre happy or not and based off the feedback they've gotten from others

Ok, only because you said only vote if you've had it

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
do you find that it's very heavy to open and close in/out of car?

No not really. It’s fairly easy to open and close.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:22 pm
Please post any pros or cons or anything helpful to someone deciding, ie what makes you like or dislike it - Thank you!!

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 7:58 pm
I chose the valco over the citimini because when it folds the seats are not exposed. Also found the basket much easier to access. I have it for 3 years and love everything about it.

sunshine23

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:22 pm
Valco I got bc it's narrower and looks nice. I also like how it's pretty light and folds super easy. We also have maxi Cosi with adapters. The fabric faded and the company replaced for free. A wheel also broke and they sent new ones free. Been super customer friendly. Great experience

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:38 pm
I have a single valco and a double city mini. Clearly some things aren't comparable between single and double, but here's my thoughts:
The valco is a way easier fold, but the city mini is easier to unfold.
Both baskets are annoying to access if the kids leaning back.
Footrest on valco is better (but new city minis might have fixed that)
Recline is comparable.
My valco is a way easier push, but that may he just because it's a single.
The valcos seats are a bit bigger- I can fit a toddler and a baby in 1 seat if I need.

If I was choosing now I would have gotten the valco double, but I was offered a used city mini so I took it.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 8:53 pm
I have double valco. I liked the "look" better than the other strollers. It has a real one hand fold- you can even fold it while holding a baby. It folds small. It has pockets behind the seats. The seats have a good recline... (does fade if out in the sun)

eta: amazing customer service. front wheel broke off. they sent me a new one that day, it arrived the next morning.

amother
Opal

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 9:43 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
I have a single valco and a double city mini. Clearly some things aren't comparable between single and double, but here's my thoughts:
The valco is a way easier fold, but the city mini is easier to unfold.
Both baskets are annoying to access if the kids leaning back.
Footrest on valco is better (but new city minis might have fixed that)
Recline is comparable.
My valco is a way easier push, but that may he just because it's a single.
The valcos seats are a bit bigger- I can fit a toddler and a baby in 1 seat if I need.

If I was choosing now I would have gotten the valco double, but I was offered a used city mini so I took it.

Can the valco fit a tall preschooler?

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 9:44 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Can the valco fit a tall preschooler?

Yes definitely

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 10:04 pm
I have the double valco and a single baby jogger ( the brand that makes citi mini). I got valco cuz it's the most lightweight full size double. Have used it 2 years.
The fold is good, it's fairly light, push is good, canopies r great, pockets on back of seats r handy.
The front wheel broke twice and the company did send a new one each time but it was extremely annoying. Like this is my main mode of transportation and it put me out for a week each time easily maybe longer. The second time the housing that holds the wheel broke too and I needed someone to fix it for me, it was more than just clicking a new wheel in.
The baby jogger single I've had for 7 years and bli ein hara it's never had a structural issue or broken, the most was that the basket broke and I bought a new one, like the material ripped. The fold is good, push is good, has a big seat, and is pretty great all around.
So I asked the baby store where I bought the valco what's the deal like why is my valco breaking and she said that baby joggers are more durable hands down.
So I guess that's food for thought for you. If I had spare change I would consider buying the gt double now just because I can't be out again a week or longer if the wheel breaks or something else does on my valco.
Hatzlacha and know they r both amazing strollers!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 11:01 pm
so many broken wheels !! do you find that it's lasting well? I have heard that they arent as durable

sbil

Post Sat, Nov 19 2022, 11:50 pm
Have gt2 for over 5 years. Don't know how it compares to Valco but I am very happy with mine. It's easy to fold and open, easy to push. Make sure to get gt not regular city mini. The GT has great wheels that makes it easy to push. Have a single city mini and it harder to push than 2 kids in GT.

happymommy12

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 3:05 am
I have the valco double and my front wheel also fell off! Makes me feel better that it’s not just me… I live in Israel and haven’t replaced it yet so it’s pretty annoying. The fabric is also super faded but we left it out a few times over night which prob caused that.. Other than that we like it!

wiki

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 8:26 am
I used to have the Valco Snap single, and nowadays I also have a City mini GT double.

The pros and cons of each are inverse of each other. The Valco is amazing in its weight and narrowness and the fold is great and the basket is very good. The City Mini GT is quite a lot heavier but also maneuvers over rough terrain a lot better.

When I had the Valco, I loved it more. I was a big big big fan of it. The details of the experience that were great, I really loved.

But then the Valco broke irreparably one day after four or five years.

I've had the City Mini for four years and while I use it less frequently nowadays, and while it is definitely banged up and worn out by now, it still fundamentally works.

But the Valco was many years ago, and it is possible that the construction flaws have been fixed since then.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 9:40 am
amother OP wrote:
so many broken wheels !! do you find that it's lasting well? I have heard that they arent as durable

mine is quite durable. They said they had issues with the front wheel, but have fixed that issue with the new model
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics