Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Neighborhoods in Brooklyn
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:05 am
Where can we get the most for our money in Brooklyn if we want to spend up to $750,000? Would need at least 3 bedrooms.

We don't need tons neighbors if it means getting something bigger/cheaper - but would want to be walking distance to 15-20 families some with children and a shul..... While we probably have heard of all the main neighborhoods, I'm wondering if there's someplace smaller and cheaper that we haven't heard of yet.....

For reference on what "type" we are, we would probably send our kids to schools such as Mirrer yeshiva or Chaim Berlin.... We are open and would be friendly to diff types of neighbors, but would like a shul where we could somewhat feel comfortable in and a few neighbors sending to similar schools.....

fleetwood

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:07 am
Marine park area sounds perfect. People are moving into the 40s

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:12 am
fleetwood wrote:

Thanks! Good to know. 40s between what?

fleetwood

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Good to know. 40s between what?

Probably kings highway area and surrounding

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:30 am
fleetwood wrote:
Probably kings highway area and surrounding

Thank you! We will check it out.

I would also be interested in knowing if anyone has been buying in the high 30s (passed Flatbush Ave) and low 40s on the other side of kings hwy... (Like between I/J and kings hwy)

nicole81

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:31 am
Mill basin has had an influx of chain Berlin families. Less populated than marine park, more diverse, and less expensive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:35 am
nicole81 wrote:
Mill basin has had an influx of chain Berlin families. Less populated than marine park, more diverse, and less expensive.

Thanks, which streets should I be looking at?

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:36 am
Op, why move to bklyn? It's one of the worst priced neighborhoods in the entire country. People are moving out of bklyn. Yeshivos are downsizing.

I think bklyn is for sfardim or maybe (maybe) if you're renting on bklyn already and have family and friends there. Otherwise why pay top dollar for an attached 3 bedroom with no parking. The area in the 40's is near kings plaza. I vividly remember police cars on fire in that area during the 2020 summer riots. Maybe it got better, but plz be careful and find out what type live there. You c'vs don't want to be in the center of the storm the next time certain people riot.

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 10:47 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, which streets should I be looking at?

Mill basin is tiny the whole neighborhood is fine to look at. I don't think it's much cheaper though honestly

987gold

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:23 am
Pm me

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:27 am
amother Lime wrote:
Op, why move to bklyn? It's one of the worst priced neighborhoods in the entire country. People are moving out of bklyn. Yeshivos are downsizing.

I think bklyn is for sfardim or maybe (maybe) if you're renting on bklyn already and have family and friends there. Otherwise why pay top dollar for an attached 3 bedroom with no parking. The area in the 40's is near kings plaza. I vividly remember police cars on fire in that area during the 2020 summer riots. Maybe it got better, but plz be careful and find out what type live there. You c'vs don't want to be in the center of the storm the next time certain people riot.

Op didn't say she is moving to Brooklyn.
She said she wants to buy in brooklyn.
Not the same thing, she probably already lives here.

There are many reasons people want to stay here.
To stay or not to stay here wasn't hee question

fleetwood

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:34 am
amother Lime wrote:

You honestly have no clue what you are talking about.

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:34 am
Bjbp has students from quentin to ave T. Stops on kings highway and the surrounding streets.
All the way to 41st. Families are definitely moving out there.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 11:58 am
fleetwood wrote:

Can you explain your point? I grew up in bklyn and still work there. I'm stating facts and you're being vague.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 12:39 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Which part isn't accurate?

Are Bklyn prices the worst in the country? Do yeshivos have less enrollment than 15 years ago? Is the area near kings plaza safe from crime? Does NY have woke DA's that are soft on crime? People are better off elsewhere!

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 2:21 pm
I live in Brooklyn. The prices are steep but prices elsewhere have skyrocketed. It would be very difficult to find in the Monsey or FR/5T areas with that price range. Yes there is crime in NYC, after decades of improvement there has been a big decline. I still feel safe in my everyday business, walk everywhere, and haven’t personally been affected but I live in the 20’s I don’t know what those other areas are like. I take the train when I need and feel safe doing so. The yeshivas are probably slightly less full than they used to be but I don’t see Chaim berlin closing anytime soon (far from it). There are plenty of positives to living here which is why I do.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 2:22 pm
To add: I definitely don’t see myself buying a house here but I don’t think ppl who do buy houses here are foolhardy.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 2:25 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Can you explain your point? I grew up in bklyn and still work there. I'm stating facts and you're being vague.

Sure..and I'll even do it under my screen name. There is a huge demand for houses..so much so that Jews are now moving to the 40s...here they can find affordable housing. They can find detached houses and even a garage and backyard. There was is also marine park within walking distance.
There is a huge demand by yeshivish families in the 30s so now many are moving to the 40s.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 2:26 pm
amother Lime wrote:
Which part isn't accurate?

Are Bklyn prices the worst in the country? Do yeshivos have less enrollment than 15 years ago? Is the area near kings plaza safe from crime? Does NY have woke DA's that are soft on crime? People are better off elsewhere!

It's not for you to decide that she is better off elsewhere. It is very possible that Brooklyn, even with all of it's cons, is still best for her. Maybe she has family, jobs, kids who are settled in school etc., and it would actually be worse for her to leave Brooklyn.

I don't understand the insistence on this site that Brooklyn is the absolute worst place, and the intense need to bash it (and then ironically state that the Brooklyners are the mean, judgmental, nasty, snobby ones). If Brooklyn doesn't work for you, then don't live here. But for many people, the pros outweigh the cons, as hard as it nay be for you to believe.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 2:27 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Are the houses there really around 750,000? I thought it was more at this point.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries