Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Explain what it means to share live location

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:16 pm
DD’s bus driver said since the weather here has turned very cold he can share his live location with us so we don’t have to wait outside too early.
How does that work? Does he just need my phone number? Do I need his phone number?
Do I need to change settings on my phone? I’m really not up to date with technology as you can see. Thanks

caza

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:26 pm
On WhatsApp you can send a message which shares the location. When you click on it, it opens a map and shows where they are currently

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:28 pm
caza wrote:
On WhatsApp you can send a message which shares the location. When you click on it, it opens a map and shows where they are currently

Do I need his phone number or does he need mine? Or do we both need each other’s?

relaxation

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:28 pm
this is cool ! I never knew about this. Can someone post a screenshot on how this works ?

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:32 pm

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:33 pm
Both parties have to have the number saved in order for it to work?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:35 pm
If bus driver saves my number to share his location, how do I see it?

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:38 pm
Usually there is a WhatsAppgroup and the bus driver will share his live location on the group. You click on the message, it takes you to a map and you can see where he is. If you're on the group, you can see the location even if you didn't save his number.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Both parties have to have the number saved in order for it to work?

I don’t think you have to have it saved unless you want it daily. It would be a hassle to put in the number every day. I work with bus teachers who have been sharing location with the parents and they say it is a big help.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
If bus driver saves my number to share his location, how do I see it?

He'll send you a message, either individually or in a group, and you'll be able to see his location

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:44 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Usually there is a WhatsAppgroup and the bus driver will share his live location on the group. You click on the message, it takes you to a map and you can see where he is. If you're on the group, you can see the location even if you didn't save his number.

Thank you. So I would have to be part of a group chat?

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:45 pm
Why don't you just ask the bus driver what he means? There is more than one way to share location.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 20 2022, 6:46 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
I don’t think you have to have it saved unless you want it daily. It would be a hassle to put in the number every day. I work with bus teachers who have been sharing location with the parents and they say it is a big help.

Yes, it would really be a big help. I would want to see his location daily so I’ll know when dd should go outside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics