Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you get white tights white again?

rebeca

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 4:47 am
My kids white tights get marks on their heels from their shoes after wearing them once. Washing daily doesn't help. Any advise?
I try to show them that they should wear them always with that part underneeth but they dont stay like that and it looks so dirty ;-(

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 5:03 am
I'm waiting to see the advice too...By me it's not just on the heels. My 4 year old plays in the dirt and comes in with filthy, filthy tights. So far, I just throw them in my shirts or light colors wash. They come out so so.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 5:08 am
white tights get filthy eventually. try and get a good brand that do not twist around. (I get marks and spencer ones and they are fine) also I try and get other colours that will match their clothes. navy, black, red, stripy.

rebeca

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 5:15 am
They usually wear dark blue but in the summer...
maybe I should try and wash a pair at 60. see what happens.

louche

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 10:38 am
The best way is prevention: don't buy white tights. You can try a solvent-based stain-remover for shoe-polish ruboff but don't expect miracles.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:59 am
I spray them with shout before I thrown them in the machine. It gets almost everything out.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 12:14 pm
oxyclean spray...and do you wash whites only with other whites?

Years ago I wasn't so makpid on this....and it made a big difference.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 12:23 pm
I also always made sure my kids wore their tights with the "dirty" part from under, and then who cares, no one sees it. Cause if both sides become brown, then its yuck, cause it usually shows out of the shoe. And it can never become really white again.

rebeca

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 3:37 pm
I've tried washing them at high temp and it worked!!! they are like new! (they just have to try them on now to see if they still fit ;-)

Esther23

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 4:38 pm
oxiclean really works very very well. You can either put a scoop into each load or for heavy stains, soak it.

rebeca

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 5:25 pm
can you get that anywhere in europe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry