Home

What should I ask my husband to get me - Jerusalem

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 8:49 pm
I don’t need any silver, paintings are too big - he’s only taking carryons. Any other ideas of something special from Israel? He’s staying in Geula area.
Back to top

amother




PlumPink
 

Post Wed, Nov 23 2022, 9:39 pm
A stone from Israel.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:35 am
Any other ideas?
Back to top

amother




Catmint
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:45 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t need any silver, paintings are too big - he’s only taking carryons. Any other ideas of something special from Israel? He’s staying in Geula area.


Smaller paintings can be bought without a frame, rolled up. That way they are lightweight and don't take up much space in the luggage. Other ideas - dunno, Jewish themed jewelry? Ornaments? Decorative things? Books/seforim?
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:46 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
A stone from Israel.


I take a stone from Israel to put on my mother's kever when I go to chutz l'aretz. אדמת ארץ ישראל is incredibly precious, but I wouldn't have thought of a stone as a gift.

So much is exported internationally, its hard yo think of a unique gift without getting tourist junk. Are there any books that might be easier to find here? Or Israeli jewellery?
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t need any silver, paintings are too big - he’s only taking carryons. Any other ideas of something special from Israel? He’s staying in Geula area.

www.mwaxb.co.il
Malchut Waxberger in Geula
Back to top

amother




Eggshell
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:52 am
Leather sefer with name
My daughter bought me one that’s for Shabbat Candlelighting (opens like a book)
It’s light blue leather and has a gold carved design in the middle ( like the gold carved pictures)
And she got IMA engraved on it
They sell them all ove in geula
It was such a special unexpected gift

I also like the zippered Tehillim or Siddurim
Since you can put them in your purse and the pages don’t get damaged
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:56 am
www.emanuel-judaica-israel.com
Yair Emanuel Judaica Smile
Highly recommended!
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 5:59 am
Elfrida wrote:
I take a stone from Israel to put on my mother's kever when I go to chutz l'aretz. אדמת ארץ ישראל is incredibly precious, but I wouldn't have thought of a stone as a gift.

So much is exported internationally, its hard yo think of a unique gift without getting tourist junk. Are there any books that might be easier to find here? Or Israeli jewellery?

It's hard but not impossible Smile
I've posted my suggestions
Back to top

amother




Slateblue
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:10 am
There is a store in geulah/meah shearim that sell Judaica made out of Jerusalem stone that is very beautiful

Mezuzah, door name, challah boards, are all smaller items

There are also very unique items that mix olive wood with epoxy for judaica.
https://saraf.co.il/collection.....age=2
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:15 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
There is a store in geulah/meah shearim that sell Judaica made out of Jerusalem stone that is very beautiful

Mezuzah, door name, challah boards, are all smaller items

There are also very unique items that mix olive wood with epoxy for judaica.
https://saraf.co.il/collection.....age=2

If you really want hard to find pieces then I recommend museum shops! OP you need to google yourself for museum shops in Jerusalem.
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 6:48 am
A bencher set
A small wood with silver challah board
Silver lighter
Silver matchbox holder
Small silver eshes chayil sign
Challah cover
Siddur Or tehillim
Jewelry
Mayim acharonim
Besomim
Havdallah candle ( I got one in the shape of an esrog that smells so good)
Washing cup
Jewelry box
Name sign for front door
Israeli candy and nuts
Chocolate
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:11 am
Can I ask another question?

Why must he get you something?

I mean if you can't even think of anything you need then what symbolism is in this gift anyways?
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:15 am
singleagain wrote:
Can I ask another question?

Why must he get you something?

I mean if you can't even think of anything you need then what symbolism is in this gift anyways?


That wasn’t really necessary… of course he doesn’t have to but he wants to and she would be happy to get something useful too from her husbands trip.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:16 am
amother Teal wrote:
That wasn’t really necessary… of course he doesn’t have to but he wants to and she would be happy to get something useful too from her husbands trip.


I wasn't trying to be harsh or anything. I'm just saying as someone who loves giving gifts when someone can't think of a gift for me to get and I can't think of something to get them. I just don't get them something because I realize it's not their love language just because her husband's love language is gifts doesn't mean hers is and she shouldn't have to turn herself into a pretzel in order to find a gift that he can bring her.
Back to top

Bnei Berak 10




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:19 am
Not special for israel but duty free at ben gurion apt. should have good prices on alcohol compared to the US.
Back to top

amother




Forsythia
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:48 am
Holy Cacao chocolate bars.
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 7:51 am
Perfume at the duty free shop
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Thu, Nov 24 2022, 8:06 am
Thank you for all the suggestions!
He bought me some dried fruit and nuts and a pretty salt shaker that looks unique.
I don’t need gifts but I do like to get something to show he cares about me, thought about me etc
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Taxi prices Tel aviv Airport to Jerusalem?
by amother
0 Today at 2:34 pm View last post
Taxi prices Tel aviv Airport to Jerusalem?
by amother
0 Today at 1:07 pm View last post
Can me and my husband get chasidie lev?
by amother
6 Thu, Dec 01 2022, 11:08 am View last post
Jerusalem Leonardo hotel Israel kosher food/breakfast?
by amother
1 Fri, Nov 25 2022, 12:23 pm View last post
My husband refuses to give maaser
by amother
23 Mon, Nov 21 2022, 12:02 pm View last post