Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/o parenting experience as an introvert vs an extrovert

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 10:32 pm
As a introvert who loves quiet, calm, routine- I just cant wait till all my kids are asleep and I have a quiet kitchen to myself.. is that exclusive to introverts or do all moms count the minutes to bedtime? im curious- do extroverts love the action, company etc of their children and teens in the evening?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 10:59 pm
INFP. Big introvert here. Youngest in my family. Had a hard time with noise. Yes parenting was much harder for me. My body shook when my kids cried. Couldn't handle the kids fights. I was not patient with the little ones. Fast forward 25 years. I love being a Grandma!!. I love and can handle my Grandkids fights, messes, thoughts. Love reading with them, building the train set with them. They make a mess, things spill. At the end of the day (or 3 days if they come for a few days) they go home to their Mommy and Daddy and Grandma goes back to her quiet until the next time!! LOL

amother
Steel

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
As a introvert who loves quiet, calm, routine- I just cant wait till all my kids are asleep and I have a quiet kitchen to myself.. is that exclusive to introverts or do all moms count the minutes to bedtime? im curious- do extroverts love the action, company etc of their children and teens in the evening?

When you have teens there is no quiet in the evening. They often go to sleep later than you.

As an introvert, I find it very draining.

As a child, I might have had siblings around, but I could hide in my room. Not schmooze.

As a parent I dont take it for granted that my teens and young adults want to talk to me and I feel it's my responsibility to be there for them when they want to. As I have a large family,, this means every night... I do go to sleep, but until that time I am available.

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 11:11 pm
I’m an introvert. I love spending time with them. But I also need my space and my quiet at night.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 11:16 pm
I'm an extrovert. There's noise and talking all day. I relish to have quiet at times.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 11:17 pm
I'm an extrovert, but I definitely sometimes just need to be alone. I do look forward to my me-time every night (and often stay up later than I should because I really need it). Also, I don't really like other people's kids much, so playdates are hard. And though I have tons of friends and love getting out and socializing, my friends and the parents of my kids' friends don't necessarily have much overlap, I find some of the other moms very difficult and exhausting to deal with.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:11 am
Another INFP here! I find parenting to be draining too... Although heart to heart talks with my teen in eve is something I do relish sometimes.

that being said weekends are a blender to my nerves. I relish Monday mornings where everyone's Back to routine.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:22 am
I'm an extrovert but everyone needs quiet time. I don't mind most of my kids' friends. There are a few annoying ones but I really enjoy the majority of them.
I love hanging out with other parents in the park.
Our house is full and busy most of the time but I always have my bedroom to escape to if I need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics