Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Julia Heart Season 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 9  10  11  Next

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 1:13 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
That may be true for Adina who always looks for attention in any way possible but I was shocked to see Amber Adler there since she is running for council and could now jeopardize her standing in the Orthodox community for being on this show. I wonder if the Orthodox community in her district will turn against her for being on this show or actually vote for her for talking about the agunah situation.

ETA: Ezras Nashim posted on their IG stories that they had no affiliation or knowledge of Adina being on the show and do not approve of the show altogether. Ruchie Frier had written a rebuttal when the first season came out which they reposted now-- https://vinnews.com/2021/12/05.....ries/

It seems to me that Adina and Amber both went on to talk about the Agunah crisis, and Adler said something about a shelter. Julia twisted the whole thing and Made it about people seeking a secular education. it's short sighted. People that watch this dont give a hoot about our inner issues. and it didnt come across as a call for action AT ALL.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 3:08 pm
sequoia wrote:
The issue of agunot and get refusal affects every Jewish woman.

I'll bite the bullet. How will Adina discussing it with Julia hart help this issue?

amother
Obsidian

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 4:50 pm
The two minute clip I saw is bad for Hatzola and for Ezra’s Nashim it’s just airing out our dirty laundry because honestly nothing is changing no Hatzolah isn’t saying oh now we’ll change and take women in because Adina bashed us on tv
Ezra’s Nashim buried themselves even deeper
And lastly no guy who didn’t want to give his wife a get till now is saying oh lemme go give my wife a get now because again Adina said so on tv.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 10:52 pm
Am I the only one disturbed that Julia said that we need to be saying tehillem while having s@x??????

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 1:43 am
amother Snow wrote:
Am I the only one disturbed that Julia said that we need to be saying tehillem while having s@x??????

Oh we don't? I always chant together with DH Shir Hashirim with our heads towards Yerushalayim.

ally

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 2:59 am
The chillul hashem is the dirty laundry. Not the people exposing it.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 3:12 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I'll bite the bullet. How will Adina discussing it with Julia hart help this issue?

Not. It is just so that Julia can make a statement that the frum world is only negative. And people will google Adina and come across her insta and everything and then what... also nothing... Maybe a few followers and therefore more parnassa.
But for Julia? Nothing... Julia was never in aguna, nor she will be, it is like that I will discuss something happening in the Roman Catholic church with a Catholic influencer only so that people will see what I find about the Roman Catholic church and that thing is not positive.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 4:23 am
bella613 wrote:
Is Batsheva still religious?

not in the slightest. she split with Ben becuase he wanted to stay some form of religious, have a kid or two and she realized she didn't want any of that (my impression from the show and they have said. I don't know anything about either of them)

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 5:48 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Oh we don't? I always chant together with DH Shir Hashirim with our heads towards Yerushalayim.

Are you serious or sarcastic?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 7:22 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Are you serious or sarcastic?

Clearly sarcastic. Esp. b/c Shir Hashirim isn't Tehillim.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 5:26 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
The two minute clip I saw is bad for Hatzola and for Ezra’s Nashim it’s just airing out our dirty laundry because honestly nothing is changing no Hatzolah isn’t saying oh now we’ll change and take women in because Adina bashed us on tv
Ezra’s Nashim buried themselves even deeper
And lastly no guy who didn’t want to give his wife a get till now is saying oh lemme go give my wife a get now because again Adina said so on tv.

Ezras nashim came out with an apology! But even though adina messed up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:05 pm
I finished watching all the episodes and yes, it’s a hot mess.

Poor Aron, crying tears of distress in the last episode.

Julia keeps calling herself a strong woman, but can’t get by without a man. She is divorced for a month and is already looking for someone new.

Batsheva seems to be in a healthier place. Keeps her distance from all the drama, and is trying to grow her own opportunities.

Miriam is a real sweetheart. She is so genuine, but her mother takes advantage of that.

Why Robert sticks around, I cannot imagine. He isn’t family, does not need her favors anymore, he should run from the hills from this manipulative woman.

Here’s a link to watch it free on Telegram.
This doesn’t give them any clicks or views on Netflix.

https://t.me/Myunorthodoxlife/43

amother
Green

Post Mon, Dec 05 2022, 9:10 pm
ally wrote:
The chillul hashem is the dirty laundry. Not the people exposing it.

Oy common, like saying the real killer is the gun not the person triggering it Can't Believe It

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 2:26 am
She keeps bringing up that a guy can just decide to divorce his wife and it's a done deal basically.
I'm really asking because I don't know how this works. Even if that might be the original halacha, will a beis din really allow that? Where a woman really doesn't want a divorce and it seemingly comes out of the blue (not talking about a situation where the marriage has been over for a while but the woman won't officially accpet the get)

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 3:50 am
amother Mustard wrote:
She keeps bringing up that a guy can just decide to divorce his wife and it's a done deal basically.
I'm really asking because I don't know how this works. Even if that might be the original halacha, will a beis din really allow that? Where a woman really doesn't want a divorce and it seemingly comes out of the blue (not talking about a situation where the marriage has been over for a while but the woman won't officially accpet the get)
I thought that rabbenu Gershom agreed that a woman may not be divorced against her will... But I don't know how it is nowadays and if there are agunim.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:25 am
amother Mustard wrote:

There are definitely agunim. Only for men it's easier because the option of a heter meah rabbanim exists and is used.
I don't think any divorce comes out of blue, with no warning signs.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 5:27 am
amother Broom wrote:
Ezras nashim came out with an apology! But even though adina messed up.

What did they apologize for?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 6:08 am
I really hope Aron stays strong, I can just think in 20 years from now he will be the only settled one and will be the only one to bring nachas....the regrets will be real but it will be too late.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 6:25 am
This is an exhibit of a court order from one of their cases in court that was submitted as part of another case. If this was allowed to stand then I question how netflix was able to use footage of the show which is all based on lies at least according to this court decision-- https://iapps.courts.state.ny......=prod

If anyone is interested in reading the numerous documents from the court cases that are seemingly ongoing they can find it on ecourts, civil supreme and search for Julia Haart-- https://iapps.courts.state.ny......sMain (she has cases where she is a defendant and plaintiff so look for both). Some of the cases didnt make the documents public so if anyone is up for real investigative work then they would have to get the documents from the court directly. But glad to see that even a judge didnt find her or her daughter Miriam credible. I wonder if Silvio can now sue Netflix and Julia for defamation based on the tv show (where Julia is an executive producer).

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Dec 06 2022, 6:57 am
So I caved and watched a few of the episodes. Was anyone else so proud that when shlomo was trying and failing to go out with a girl, Julia's gay assistant was commenting that shlomos problem is that he thinks too highly of women and therefore can't take advantage of them! Don't know if others caught that but I was so proud of his yeshiva upbringing coming through in his actions towards women!
Page 5 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics