Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to get blood stain out of sheet

anonymous1234

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:45 am
I accidentally dried it. Anyone have advice?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 10:47 am
Spray and really saturate the stain with windex. It helps break down the blood. Let is sit 2 minutes then rub the two sides of the material together to get out the stain. Spray more and rub more until it is all out. Wash it only once the stain is visibly out.

anonymous1234

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:12 am
Thanks, not working any other ideas?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:23 am
Very cold water
Did you wash and put it in the dryer?

mom25

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:24 am
Peroxide works great for blood. But not sure after it's dried

anon12

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:29 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

De solve gets out even the strongest stains, give it a shot

mama123

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:39 am
Once you’ve heat dried it, it’s going to be much harder to remove a stain. But what I usually do is soak it in water and then liberally sprinkle on meat tenderizer (the white unflavored kind). Let that sit a bit. And then wash it. The meat tenderizer has a way of drawing out the blood. It’s a lifesaver for us as we get a LOT of nosebleeds around here.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:46 am
Keep coming back to it every 15 minutes. Saturate the stain again with Windex, and scrub scrub scrub. Let sit. Come back and do it again.

motherwife

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 11:47 am
Sounds very counter intuitive, but I've done it on a few things now and it really works. Wet the stain with hydrogen peroxide, put a dry cotton cloth over it and iron on low heat over the wet stain. Dissapears like magic

abs

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:33 pm
For the future: Era laundry detergent is the BEST for menstrual blood. Either directly on the stain before putting into the washing machine, or wash the load in Era. I also soak stained items in a bucket of Era water until I do the laundry. The sooner the better and DONT DRY until you’re sure the stain is gone

juggling

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 12:40 pm
Oxyclean

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:32 pm
anon12 wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064OUSNA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

De solve gets out even the strongest stains, give it a shot

Used this 2 weeks ago when my baby got blood all over my bed (bad cut that opened up when he climbed out of his bed onto mine). Got it out completely.... But hadn't washed and dried it before spraying.

I will say I love the product but the bottle is problematic. My first one the trigger broke and the second one sometimes does stream instead of spray on spray mode and even when should be off.

ceebea

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 1:42 pm
Is it even worth all of this stress on you? You tried and it didnt work. How many products is it worth it to try and buy before deciding its not worth the time and money and just tossing the sheet.

Hello99

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:24 pm
Dish soap works wonders on blood stains.

Writergirl

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 5:37 pm
Salt and cold water. Works like a charm.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 6:17 pm
Cover the stain liberally with salt and cold water - let it sit and then wash it in cold water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry