Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Mekor Hatorah and Cohen's yeshiva - mesivta
Previous  1  2

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:42 pm
Thanks! Do you know if they are easy to work with? 20,000 is alot I can't afford anything close to that

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 7:26 pm
Bumping this up for anyone that has more insight. I was told to apply to these places and would love to hear more about them.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 7:31 pm
I don't hv a son there, by I know R Chaim Cohen.
It's for boys that are not Alef academically but want to succeed & are good boys.

amother
Marigold

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 9:55 pm
My son is a weaker boy already out of mesivta, so he knows the guys who run in those circles. Stay away from Mekor. The boys are helpless when they are there, but they come out with intense anger at the place that treated them like that. Like if you walk on the sidewalk and they told you to stay on the grass, bam. My son says no one has a voice when they're in it, and the parents just listen to the rebbeim, but when they come out they are so angry at what happened to them. The strictness borders on abuse and the place is slowly dying. It was a very popular method of treating kids about a couple of decades ago, but is losing appeal as the ones who went through it let people know about the truth.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 10:22 am
Mekor boys aren't helpless, there are some boys that it doesnt work for and they leave to other yeshivos. You are correct about the strictness and the boys hating that part. Some boys easily look past the strictness and some can be more bothered by it. If your son is a rule follower then it wont be too hard for him. They do have good rebbeim (although a couple left that were really good) and they have english thats taken seriously, but low level. I do think that R' Chaim Cohen became more popular now.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 10:24 am
you also said parents listen to the rebbeim, for the record, having had a son there, the rebbeim are very warm and they love their rebbeim, the strictness is not from the Rebbi, its more from the menahel about being on time etc. In the classroom its a warm setting.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries