Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What's the state of your bedroom?
1  2  3  Next

What's the state of your bedroom?
Neat as a pin  
 21%  [ 28 ]
A bit messy  
 41%  [ 55 ]
Cluttered  
 33%  [ 44 ]
Looks like a grenade exploded in here  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 131

lubmommy

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:10 am
I just can't seem to keep on top of my bedroom. It is in a constant state of disarray Crying . It also happens to be the baby's room with her dresser and the laundry room b/c my stacker washer/dryer is in the bathroom right off my room.

So I was wondering how many others struggle with keeping their bedroom neat.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:12 am
I struggle b/c regardless, ds comes in with toys and pulls everything otu of drawers and just destroys everything.

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:13 am
Cheers ME TOO!!!!

Its definetly the messiest room of the house. I am just not a bulabusta but I am getting better.

lubmommy

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:13 am
My last option didn't appear and I don't know how to fix it.

It was supposed to say "Looks like a grenade exploded in here"

Help, anyone?

lubmommy

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:14 am
Pickle Lady wrote:
Cheers ME TOO!!!!

Its definetly the messiest room of the house. I am just not a bulabusta but I am getting better.

I've been saying that for 21 years!

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:15 am
"Looks like a grenade exploded in here"

ooopss if that was an option I would have chose that one.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:15 am
I would've chosen that one too. Also, our sheets and blankets are always on the floor in the morning?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:16 am
lubmommy8 wrote:
My last option didn't appear and I don't know how to fix it.

It was supposed to say "Looks like a grenade exploded in here"

Help, anyone?

you have to ask a mod and next time, you have to press option for the last one also

octopus

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:19 am
LOL glad to know I'm not the only one that has trouble upkeeping the bedroom. While at the moment it is neat, usually it is not. I've actually been trying to work on this for now. My little pet project.
It's hard b/c my room usually becomes the dumping ground for sooooo many diff things. Impossible sometimes to make order in there. And ds loooooooooves dumping out my dresser drawers, and dumping out the laundry basket- mixes dirty and clean clothers- and then leaves me to sort everything! I usually end up doing way more laundry than necessary. urgggghhh. Exploding anger

lubmommy

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:51 am
happy2BaMommy wrote:
LOL glad to know I'm not the only one that has trouble upkeeping the bedroom. While at the moment it is neat, usually it is not. I've actually been trying to work on this for now. My little pet project.
It's hard b/c my room usually becomes the dumping ground for sooooo many diff things. Impossible sometimes to make order in there. And ds loooooooooves dumping out my dresser drawers, and dumping out the laundry basket- mixes dirty and clean clothers- and then leaves me to sort everything! I usually end up doing way more laundry than necessary. urgggghhh. Exploding anger

Oooh yes! Washing clean clothing over is a common occurance by me. Right outside the bathroom are a couple of hampers plus overflow on the floor. Then when I first empty the dryer it usually goes onto dh's bed which is right there. If anything falls off the bed it's automatically in the dirty laundry pile! Exploding anger
I also have a perpetual mending basket and a perpetual "clothes we're not using right now basket". Then there's the tights bin... I could go on and on!

zufriedene

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:54 am
I also remember toddlers and dumping, but its just a matter of descision, even
if u'r not a balebusta YET, something should be diffent in the bedroom. R u able to relax and enjoy Rolling Eyes when the rooms a mess Question Question

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 12:59 am
My bedroom is also messy. I try to keep the rest of the house neat(ish), but I figure that no one is going to see my room other than me and dh (and a lot of the mess is his stuff, so he can't complain). The only problem with this theory is that ever since dd was born 6 weeks ago, we have had visitors coming into our room to look at her. We haven't moved her into her own room yet, and I never wanted to wake her by bringing her out when visitors come. So that kind of inspired me to tidy up the room a bit, but some of the mess seems to be permanent.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 2:46 am
If you have a new baby nothing is supposed to be neat...not even the baby! Don't worry, that's quite normal. But once the kids are older a bedroom is supposed to be a clean, lovely haven. Even if it is small and tight like the ones I have lived in for my whole married life, at least neat...eerything should have a place and be able to be put away, and while surfaces aren't empty here, at least everything is neat, in neat piles, etc.

The real problem is when you take clothing off and it isn't dirty yet and you want to wear it again the next day, where do you put it? Especially if you have no surfaces to put it on? That was always my problem...

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 2:58 am
The problem with my bedroom is that I try on atleast 3 outfits every day and I usually dont have time or energy to put clothes back right away. I usually do it before I go to bed but sonetimes I dont....
and when I bring up laundry in bags I soetimes forget their in the room and I never put them away...

greenfire

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 4:48 am
love me - love my mess embarrassed Shooting Arrow

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 5:06 am
Well lets put it this way last week when it reached it's peak I proudly told my husband I had the solution to prevent a robbery since once they'd enter they would see the ultimate ballagan and would say we're out of luck, they have been robbed already. Sad to say MY husband was not impressed Sad

What can I do when at times my palace which it is, turns into a family room embarrassed

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 7:27 am
For me it's a bit messy, for others it may be "grenade" option...

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 8:42 am
oh you don't wanna know Wink

mimivan

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 9:27 am
I couldn't vote in this poll, because you left out a category:
Fuggedaboutit!

greentiger

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 9:30 am
My bedroom is always my last priority since it isn't on show, so I usually neglect it.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry