Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What's the state of your bedroom?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

What's the state of your bedroom?
Neat as a pin  
 21%  [ 28 ]
A bit messy  
 41%  [ 55 ]
Cluttered  
 33%  [ 44 ]
Looks like a grenade exploded in here  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 131

Tehilla

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 9:30 am
my bedroom is fairly neat. I'm a minimalist married to a hoarder. the one room in the house where I've really maintained control of the contents is the bedroom. the messiest part is the closet where I currently need to separate the don't fit/don't wear into a pile and decide what to do.

however, the living room is my biggest trial as it doubles as a dining room and the seforim and toys are there.

Atali

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 10:06 am
For some reason I find the bedroom easier to keep clean than the rest of the house since it is the only room that the kids don't (usually) play in.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 10:17 am
Mine is as neat as can be. I hang or fold my clothes as soon as I change when I come home from outdoors. I make my beds and make sure that theres nothing extra there every morning.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 10:36 am
we recently moved into a smaller space. our room consits of our beds 2 nighttables and three dressers (currently also the baby's bassinet). it seems that everything that doens't have a place elsewhere winds up in my bedroom. I try to at least make the bed in the mornings and make sure all laundry is in teh basket -- nothing on the floor, but I feel like I am constantly cleaning our room. it frustrates me because I really feel that our room should be a special place for us, and the surrounding ambiance sets the tone - at least for me. if the room is a mess I am less likely to be interested in other things....

lubmommy

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 6:37 pm
Tefila wrote:
Well lets put it this way last week when it reached it's peak I proudly told my husband I had the solution to prevent a robbery since once they'd enter they would see the ultimate ballagan and would say we're out of luck, they have been robbed already. Sad to say MY husband was not impressed Sad

What can I do when at times my palace which it is, turns into a family room embarrassed

I have said the exact same thing! embarrassed

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 6:58 pm
Well atleast one good thing about this thread is that today I spent a whole hour tidying, dusting trying to restore it to it's former glory.
My husband brought me flowers as a token of appreciation for all the hard work invested into the room, well perhaps too it's because of shavuos Smile

Rivky

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 7:03 pm
Mine's really neat and clean all the time (besides for the dust that somehow creeps in there outta nowhere!!). I am very particular and clean so keeping a neat and clean home is second nature to me. Now I gota convince DH how much easier things would be if he'd be the same!!!

happymom

Post Sun, Jun 08 2008, 7:52 pm
every day when I get dresseed I clean my room and make the beds

wif

Post Mon, Jun 09 2008, 2:59 pm
Mine is neat and clean--as neat and clean as I can keep a room that also serves as the catch-all for anything that I can't cram anywhere else is my 70-square meter apartment. The answer, in fact, to how one can live in an Isreali apartment is apparently, not to own anything. At all.

mimivan

Post Mon, Jun 09 2008, 4:17 pm
wif LOL LOL
Although maybe my excuse is I live in a 40 meter apartment with two kids and we all share the room, so maybe that's why there's a bit of clutter, ya think?

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 8:35 am
Alright, you got me! You win! Wow, Mimi--how do you do it?! Do you find that you are constantly cleaning because the second one thing is out, the entire apartment is unihabitable? (My last apartment was 40 square meters.) Or am I just a psychopath?

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 9:40 am
How many rooms is that? I think mine is 90 meters.

HindaRochel

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 11:17 am
My room is perfect. Perfect what is left to your own imagination.

Hey, if you can make it across the floor without falling the room is fine.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 11:22 am
Compared to an Israeli's bedroom, ours is a mess - but it's clean. We do the whole works, except windows, every week.
Compared to a American bedroom, it's neat.
We don't have room for all our stuff, same problem as many people. We still have moving boxes, five years later! The solution: have less stuff, that's how the Israeli's do it.

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 12:41 pm
creativemommyto3 wrote:
How many rooms is that? I think mine is 90 meters.

We are three rooms (main room and two bedrooms, for non-Israelis)

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 12:48 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Compared to an Israeli's bedroom, ours is a mess - but it's clean. We do the whole works, except windows, every week.
Compared to a American bedroom, it's neat.
We don't have room for all our stuff, same problem as many people. We still have moving boxes, five years later! The solution: have less stuff, that's how the Israeli's do it.

There is always that one box. It was the last box that you packed, and it contains the randomest (is that a word?) assortment of things that belong nowhere, but cannot be trashed. Ex: Your husband's first digital camera that only takes nine photos but he wants to sell on ebay one day, a pile of hair stuff that you used to use before you started covering your hair and will one day give to your daughter, (scrunchies will return! Hold on to your scrunchies!) a bunch of stamps that was the going rate three years ago and now you need to add another three cents to each, your high school yearbook, a list of all the simumin for rosh hashana that you can never find on rosh hashana, and your great american novel, still in a notebook and only five pages long.

It never gets unpacked, and you will never see it's contents until you move again.

mimivan

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 1:25 pm
wif wrote:
Alright, you got me! You win! Wow, Mimi--how do you do it?! Do you find that you are constantly cleaning because the second one thing is out, the entire apartment is unihabitable? (My last apartment was 40 square meters.) Or am I just a psychopath?

Yes!!!
No, I am the psychopath! I feel like I am constantly moving in little circles picking things up. That's what living in small spaces can do to you...but I know of a family of four kids in a 40 meter apartment, so I shouldn't complain...

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 5:43 pm
wif wrote:
Mine is neat and clean--as neat and clean as I can keep a room that also serves as the catch-all for anything that I can't cram anywhere else is my 70-square meter apartment. The answer, in fact, to how one can live in an Israeli apartment is apparently, not to own anything. At all.

That's why the children play outdoors all day. To make room for the junk.

dora

Post Tue, Jun 10 2008, 11:28 pm
I clear and put away stuff and make the beds every day. Its a great feat since I live with a domesticaly (sp) challanged husband.

mugsisme

Post Wed, Jun 11 2008, 10:27 am
I have worked really hard to get the rest of the house in order. The family room, dining room, and kitchen used to be a total baligan. Now, I cleaned it up, and had no where to dump the stuff I wanted to keep. So I moved into my bedroom while I try to figure it out. (My reasoning was that no one will see it there but us.)

embarrassed I cleaned my dresser off before Pesach, and my younger DD commented, "I didn't know you had pictures on your dresser" and my older DD made a similar comment. embarrassed

I do plan to re-attack the room this summer. My family room/dining room & kitchen have looked nice since before Pesach, so I must be doing something right.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry