Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Agudah Toronto
1  2  Next

src6

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:35 pm
Does anyone know what is the youngest grade they take? And what type of crowd is it - I understand it's pretty OOT, but more exposed (like agudah midwest) or more yeshivish? We are a mainstream lakewood family my older daughters go to Tehilla but they stopped taking 5th/6th grade and my younger dd is really ready for camp

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:37 pm
Didn’t they close a couple of years ago? Or did I make a mistake and that was just for covid?

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:42 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Didn’t they close a couple of years ago? Or did I make a mistake and that was just for covid?

Nope, they’re still going!
I think they did have to cancel a season for covid

src6

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 6:51 pm
amother Yarrow wrote:
Nope, they’re still going!
I think they did have to cancel a season for covid

Are you familiar with it? Can you tell me about it?

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 7:14 pm
amother Mocha wrote:

They had to close for two years for COVID but are definitely back in business

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 3:17 pm
src6 wrote:
Are you familiar with it? Can you tell me about it?

Somewhat familiar. I went quite a few years ago.
I think the youngest age group is going into 5th grade.

In terms of hashkafah, I’d say it’s more yeshivish but it’s all relative. Maybe someone else can chime in.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 5:49 pm
Torontonian here. I went to agudah Toronto for a couple of years. It is not a yeshivish camp unless things changed. There is somewhat of a mix but the girls when I was there were from Tag, YSV, etc not that many Lakewood girls.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 5:53 pm
Two girls from DDs class went last summer, they were going into 6th. I don't know what the youngest they take is
They were JPF OOT type girls

mizle10

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 6:02 pm
I'm 99% sure they start coming out of 5th. Possibly 4th, but they definitely have coming out of 5th.

It's not a yeshivish crowd, much more of a mix. And very OOT.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 6:05 pm
What about sending to Bnoseinu? They have going into 5th and 6th.

src6

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 7:49 pm
Hi, thanks for input. I was going to send dd to bnoseinu but decided last minute that it is not the right place for her. Heard over and over what a nice program it is "geared for younger girls 4-5 grades..." dd repeated a grade and while she has tons of 5th-6th grade friends, she really does not click with 4th graders. She will be turning 12 this summer - not that old, but definitely past a program geared to 9-11 yo's.
Was back and forth abt agudah toronto... ultimately I was unsure if it's the right fit for dd. Ended up applying to a camp in tri-state area that was agreeable abt bumping her up to a 6th grade bunk. Hopeful!!

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 8:08 pm
I loved c.a.t pretty sure they start coming out of 4th ..a huge cholent pot of different types of girls from different backgrounds! But I would say their hashkafa is a tad more yeshivish

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:03 pm
just found this thread and jumping on to ask if anyone knows if it's too late to apply for my daughter as a new camper? we just recently heard things that make us think it could be a great fit for her, but if it's probably too late I don't want to waste our time and get her hopes up for nothing. TIA!

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:14 pm
My daughter went as staff last year, since it was their first year reopening after being closed for 2 summers cause of covid it was smaller than previously and they are probably still rebuilding themselves. I'd definitely say it worth a try to apply now.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:12 pm
thanks so much--my friend just told me the same thing, so I went on to apply and it said the girls are full but it allowed me to register in order to be put on the waitlist--so I did that. I'm wondering if anyone has inside info about what that means as far as her likelihood of getting in from the waitlist?

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 4:56 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
thanks so much--my friend just told me the same thing, so I went on to apply and it said the girls are full but it allowed me to register in order to be put on the waitlist--so I did that. I'm wondering if anyone has inside info about what that means as far as her likelihood of getting in from the waitlist?

Can I ask at what point in the application it says it's full? I just tried with a daughter in 7th grade and it's letting me apply. But I didn't complete the application yet. Doesn't say anything about waitlist. I'm wondering if that means there's room in her age group.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:55 pm
Hi--so on the home page I think there were 3 choices to click on to register. 1 said for applicants paying in Canadian currency, 1 for US currency and maybe the 3rd was a staff application? I don't remember but the one for paying in US currency said full, and gave the option to register for the waitlist. So I did that, and it took me through to fill out all the application forms and then I got an email confirming that I submitted the forms for registration. Are you Canadian? Maybe they have a quota for non-Canadians.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 4:10 am
Thanks! I'm not Canadian, but it didn't say waitlist. What grade is your daughter in?

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 8:43 am
She is in 6th grade. could be I entered that first before it showed me those options. I don't remember.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 8:46 am
just curious, is there normally an application fee or deposit required? when I registered for waitlist it didn't ask for any payment.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps