Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanuka party for dessert

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 11:26 pm
I am hosting a chanuka party that is not supposed to be dinner, but more like dessert/get together.
lots of kids of all ages and a few adults.

I need simple ideas for food to serve or what the kids can easily do together. something that doesn't require much time or effort on my part but will look like I put together a well planned evening

help!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 11:46 pm
Buy frozen appetizers that you bake fresh.
Make a huge wooden board of Solomons corn dogs and meal mart chicken nuggets and franks in blankets.
Another big wooden board of French fries, spicy curly fries, and onion rings.

Or set up a soup bar, pasta bar, and or salad bar.
3 crocks of soup with a small bottle of olive oil for drizzling, croutons, roasted pumpkin seeds, shredded cheese and other toppings.
Or bowls of cooked linguine, macaroni and penne. With warm sauces ready to mix pasta with like rosa cream sauce, creamy cheese sauce and pesto sauce.
Salad bar with various components and dressings.

amother
Vanilla

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 6:29 am
what about poke bowls this year?

Genius

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 8:21 am
Ice cream with toppings. Donuts. Cupcake decorating. Waffles

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 8:28 am
Prepare a big batch of cookies dough and put it out with different cookies cutters and a lot of toppings. Have the kids make cookies. That should keep them occupied a while.

cuffs

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 8:44 am
I would do an ice cream/waffle bar
3 flavors of ice creams, 4 topping choices, and buy the frozen waffles, have them heating on a hot plate

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 8:57 am
donuts are always a good hit. you can buy one of these stands to stack plain donuts and then have the frostings and toppings prepared so everyone can make their own. https://www.amazon.com/Ponpon-.....psc=1

amother
Steel

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:03 am
You could do cupcake or sugar cookie decorating. Make plain cookies in Chanuka shapes and have icing, sprinkles, etc in blue, silver, gold, white, etc for everyone to decorate. I like the idea of waffle/ice cream bar too since that's a little more filling. Do you need real food too? If so, cheese board or meat board, frozen burekas, hummus, crackers, pita, cut veggies and other dips would be easy.

peace2

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:31 am
Donut bar - buy plain unfilled donuts from the bakery. Buy/make some fillings- custard, caramel, chocolate, jelly. Put fillings in piping bags. Make bowls of glazes- vanilla, chocolate, caramel. Poke a hole with a straw in the donut, fill with filling, dip upside down in glaze and then top with whatever- sprinkles, little chocolates, royal icing... get creative
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics