Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Amazon Balabusta Scam Beware

papes

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 12:51 pm
Hello everyone,

After seeing that a few other other women on Imamother were talking about the Amazon Balabusta course and looking for Esther Aloof (also known as Ashley Aloof) I wanted to warn everyone that this is a HUGE SCAM.

Myself as well as a few other women I connected with (some through this platform) have paid her a significant amount of money for a course without receiving the course and the assistance promised. She just disappeared.

If you were thinking of taking the course, DO NOT! Please beware as she is playing on the frum aspects of things.

If you were also scammed please come forward and answer here or PM me so we can take action together. Feel free to PM me if you have any other piece of information.

Thank you!

the majority of this thread has been removed leaving only the basic details of what happened, without the added speculation.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 1:22 pm
Did you contact yael with the information

papes

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 1:25 pm
for everyone asking I actually asked Yael permission to post this. Not sure if she could give me the info bu could always try.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 2:18 pm
papes wrote:
Hello everyone,

After seeing that a few other other women on Imamother were talking about the Amazon Balabusta course and looking for Esther Aloof (also known as Ashley Aloof) I wanted to warn everyone that this is a HUGE SCAM.

Myself as well as a few other women I connected with (some through this platform) have paid her a significant amount of money for a course without receiving the course and the assistance promised. She just disappeared.

If you were thinking of taking the course, DO NOT! Please beware as she is playing on the frum aspects of things.

If you were also scammed please come forward and answer here or PM me so we can take action together. Feel free to PM me if you have any other piece of information.

Thank you!

OP kudos to you for coming out in the open and exposing this terrible scandal! I too fell for it and lost alot of money. Esther Aloof if your reading this the time has finally come!
we will do everything in our power to track you down and ultimately press criminal charges against you!

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 10:46 am
I, too, feel I have been scammed by her, but I had a different email address for her. Once she sent me her handbook(which gave no real information) she stopped responding to my email.

Since we last spoke I actually opened up an Amazon Course-Book for jewish frum women specifically, A lot of women messaged me back and I know from when I started I spent so much on all these courses and groups that cost hundreds of dollars even thousands, and all they do is tell you how to sell and how to get started, but they don't actually inform you of where to buy items and how to buy and what is needed, etc.
If you are interested, it's $118. 18% is for masser and the rest is to pay for the coursebook and websites. I'll personally help you every step of the way, however long you need, give you my cell number and call, email, facetime, whenever you need help! I've also made a list of all suppliers/distributors that I work with and know are good and trustworthy and any tools needed and best place to get them! In the middle as well of opening up a website so we can have a group forum to ask questions or get insights whenever!

The bolded is part of the email that she sent me. She never gave me the list of suppliers/distributors, her cell number or even the website. Twisted Evil

Somehow or other, I fell for it hook line and sinker

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:19 pm
OMG!!! I can’t believe this! She took money from me too & we set up an appointment & then she vanished!! I called & emailed her many times.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 12:31 am
I was also scammed by her. I can't say fully scammed because she did give me the course, and we did have a few zoom meetings together, but each meeting was spread out in months because she kept on disappearing.

She did not deliver everything she promised she will.

What's interesting is that she sounds so ensuring and nice.

I feel like she's playing with me....

This is disturbing!

aaloof

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 7:25 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
Oh my, she's a poster on imamother? Maybe Yael can track down who it is. This is creepy.

Hi, It's Esther Herself

No, I don't really post much on imamother... Sorry, but this website is amazing though!

Who's yael? I'd love to speak to her! No need to track me down, you can reach me on my email address. I'll give every single one I have so you don't have to waste your time tracking me down.
estheraloof@gmail.com
ashleyaloof@gmail.com
amazonbalabusta@gmail.com

Looking forward to speaking with you!

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 11:51 am
I do feel bad for her and I am thankful for this thread, because I WAS considering this course

Best case scenerio, Esther/Ashley, you meant well and felt like you where providing what you promised, but ended up not comunicationg correctly and that is leaving people feeling scammed, because what you communicated didn't match up.

If you promise to be available, and that is the service you are providing, then you cant let 48 hours go without contacts , max 72 if its over a holiday. Contact can be an email that I am sorry I'm not working over chol hamoed, I will get back to you------, but you need to communicate.

Mid case scenerio - you had an ideaa, jumped in, got overwhelmed, and cant keep up with your commitments. In that case refund the money and let people know.

Worst case scenario, you knew what you are doing, are trying to hook people in with false promises and do not care. I hope this is not the case.

Regardless, stop commenting on the thread, empty your inbox and resolve the issues from unhappy customers. Then you can come back with a model that actually works for you AND your customers, AND you will have happy clients.

papes

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 3:27 pm
Hi everyone,

First, thank you all for your support and thank you everyone who got scammed and messaged me here or in private so that we can fight together.

Esther Aloof called me back today at 5pm for the first time in exactly a month. And after pretending that she never received any mails from me and that I was the one not getting in touch with her, she said she would refund me the full amount of 491USD in the next hour. She then hung up the phone on me. Another lie.

During this call she claimed that we had never spoken on the phone or zoom, thus admitting to the exact problem I have.

Since I did not hear back from her I called her back at 7:30pm and she said she was putting the kids to bed and she would call me back in 5 minutes. she never did. I called her again at 10:15pm and she did not answer.

I am writing all of this because she started crying on the phone that she was the victim and I do not want any one of you who got scammed to get fooled by fake cries.

Esther, you tried playing the victim on this thread and on the phone and I am so glad no one fell for it. There is no point in writing you anything else since you are full of lies, but I am happy it scared you enough that you actually called me back.

I will not stop until I get my refund, and I hope the other women won't too.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 6:58 pm
For the other people who've been abandoned by Esther: has she contacted you since the start of this thread?

papes

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 1:23 pm
Thank you Yael for opening the thread so I can update you guys.

Imamother is a powerful platform and ONLY thanks to this thread I actually managed to receive a refund late last night.

I am writing this especially for those who were scammed, don't give up and get your money back. PM me if you need.

Have a good day everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics