Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Amazon/spotify

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:19 am
can anyone share pros and cons of each music streaming service? does amazon have jewish music like spotify?

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:47 am
We actually found more Jewish music on Amazon (we compared them a couple of years ago).
We use Amazon music all the time, especially with our Alexa devices.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:49 am
Thank you for the response. I was considering getting Spotify, but then I realized, I am already an amazon prime member, so maybe no need? I am not super tech savvy. Can someone share how it works? We have laptop, smartphone, speaker.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:51 am
Is the amazon music included with amazon prime?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:56 am
this is confusing. I am a prime member. Yet when I click on songs, another song plays. Then it offers me Amazon Music Unlimited. ???

asmileaday

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:02 am
amother OP wrote:
this is confusing. I am a prime member. Yet when I click on songs, another song plays. Then it offers me Amazon Music Unlimited. ???

If you want to have access to many more songs you need the Amazon music Unlimited subscription. Annoying, I know. I did a free 4 month trial and it was really really great. I feel like there's very little good current jewish music on regular prime. But I still can't get myself to pay $8.99 a month.

I have a fire tablet for my kids so I can play music from there. But mostly I just connect my phone to the household Bluetooth speaker and play music like that. But since my free trial ended I barely play from there.
I have a tech savvy teen and most music plays from his mp3. He manages to get everything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:09 am
how much does spotify cost?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:33 am
amother OP wrote:
how much does spotify cost?

There’s a new app called 24Six which is like Spotify etc but has only Jewish music. It’s $9.99 a month.

singleagain

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:37 am
So I'm pretty sure Amazon prime is good cuz you don't have commercials. You just don't have all the access to everything everything which is the benefit of Amazon unlimited. I know I have a friend who does not have Amazon unlimited but has Amazon prime and they occasionally ask for a song and they then Alexa goes. Says that song only available unlimited. Do you want to upgrade?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 11:42 am
I listen to Amazon prime music without a subscription. It knows which songs I like based on my searches.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 12:15 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I listen to Amazon prime music without a subscription. It knows which songs I like based on my searches.

Can you share some good Jewish music that's not unlimited? Practically every song I search for doesn't come up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 12:40 pm
since prime doesn't include all jewish music I may want, I am kind of back to square one. Spotify vs. amazon unlimited. Which is the better choice?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts