Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to join me in weight loss accountability?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I’m already off the wagon…..I should know better than to get food when I’m not home. I eat so much more that way. I ordered three rolls of sushi…..and ate them all :-(

What’s wrong with sushi? Sounds delicious and healthy!
I

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 3:45 pm
I’m already off the wagon…..I should know better than to get food when I’m not home. I eat so much more that way. I ordered three rolls of sushi…..and ate them all :-(

Don't give up! Sushi is not so bad at all! And tomorow is another day.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 3:47 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
What’s wrong with sushi? Sounds delicious and healthy!
I

In moderation….but three rolls, all with spicy Mayo and sauces….they were really good though

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Don't give up! Sushi is not so bad at all! And tomorow is another day.

For sure!!!

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 5:14 pm
Day is not over yet, but I wanted to share:
Drinking today has been amazing! I drank 8 cups already and plan to drink 2 more before supper, maybe more before bed.

I was busy today (key to my success!!!!) and ate quite little so far (compared to what I typically eat). I don't eat breakfast because I'm trying intermittent fasting, so I ate salad with half avocado & 1 Tbsp dressing & salmon for lunch. I had a coffee with whole milk and drop of sugar and planning lentil soup, baked cutlet, brown rice & veggies for supper.

No exercise again. I doubt I'll still get to walk tonight, but if I'm up to it, maybe I'll push myself.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 5:30 pm

So what? Sushi is very low calorie! Keep going! Don’t give up!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 5:32 pm
Forgot to add….I also haven’t been home since 10:00, and when I left I forgot to take water with me. So haven’t had anything to drink since my two cups of hot chocolate this morning.

I’ve found that if I go out hungry, I end up wanting to give in and go pick up something fattening and unhealthy. It’s important to be prepared. Keep a healthy snack in your car always, a handful sized bag of nuts, or other items that are ok on your diet plan of choice. If you have to stop to pick something up, don’t do it on impulse or you can make a bad choice. Pick up something healthy, there are lots of options out there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 5:35 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Day is not over yet, but I wanted to share:
Drinking today has been amazing! I drank 8 cups already and plan to drink 2 more before supper, maybe more before bed.

I was busy today (key to my success!!!!) and ate quite little so far (compared to what I typically eat). I don't eat breakfast because I'm trying intermittent fasting, so I ate salad with half avocado & 1 Tbsp dressing & salmon for lunch. I had a coffee with whole milk and drop of sugar and planning lentil soup, baked cutlet, brown rice & veggies for supper.

No exercise again. I doubt I'll still get to walk tonight, but if I'm up to it, maybe I'll push myself.

That’s great!
Guys, I read that it’s super important to drink a glass of water before bed! (Yeah, I know about having to get up in middle of night to pee Confused But it’s worth it!

Also, important to walk for even 5 minutes after each meal because it really helps digestion. I’ve started just walking around in my house for a few minutes after meals. Once you start you might be motivated to go a little longer too. It’s all about adopting good habits.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:59 am
Yesterday I ate :

Coffee with almond milk
I skipped breakfast which was not a good idea.

Lunch:
Salad with greens, Tomatoe, olives, chickpeas , cucumber, feta cheese and olive oil dressing
2 slices Ezekiel bread

Snacks: handful almonds and cashews mixed
Apple
Orange

Supper: ground beef with lots of vegetables mixed in on top of brown rice

I had too much for supper. I kept going back for more and found myself snacking after supper which I usually don’t do.

I drank water, but less than I needed to.

I was sitting working all day and didn’t add any movement into my day.

The 3 things I want to work on today:

1. Be mindful to drink 1 cup of water every hour
2. Be mindful to take breaks and move
3. Be mindful of portion control and not to snack after dinner.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:03 am
What is the Mediterranean business? Someone else mentioned it too (or maybe it was you, I can’t remember!)

I copied from an article for you to have an idea. A few of my doctors recommended that I try it.

What Is It?

Chances are you have heard of the Mediterranean diet. If you have a chronic condition like heart disease or high blood pressure, your doctor may even have prescribed it to you. It is often promoted to decrease the risk of heart disease, depression, and dementia.

The traditional diets of countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea differ slightly so there are different versions of the Mediterranean diet. However, in 1993 the Harvard School of Public Health, Oldways Preservation and Exchange Trust, and the European Office of the World Health Organization introduced the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid as a guide to help familiarize people with the most common foods of the region. More of an eating pattern than a strictly regimented diet plan, the pyramid emphasized certain foods based on the dietary traditions of Crete, Greece, and southern Italy during the mid-20th century. [1,2] At that time, these countries displayed low rates of chronic disease and higher than average adult life expectancy despite having limited access to healthcare. It was believed that the diet—mainly fruits and vegetables, beans, nuts, whole grains, fish, olive oil, small amounts of dairy, and red wine—contributed to their health benefits. The pyramid also highlighted daily exercise and the beneficial social aspects of eating meals together.

How It Works

The Mediterranean diet is a primarily plant-based eating plan that includes daily intake of whole grains, olive oil, fruits, vegetables, beans and other legumes, nuts, herbs, and spices. Other foods like animal proteins are eaten in smaller quantities, with the preferred animal protein being fish and seafood. Although the pyramid shape suggests the proportion of foods to eat (e.g., eat more fruits and vegetables and less dairy foods), it does not specify portion sizes or specific amounts. It is up to the individual to decide exactly how much food to eat at each meal, as this will vary by physical activity and body size. There are additional points that make this eating plan unique:

An emphasis on healthy fats. Olive oil is recommended as the primary added fat, replacing other oils and fats (butter, margarine). Other foods naturally containing healthful fats are highlighted, such as avocados, nuts, and oily fish like salmon and sardines; among these, walnuts and fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Choosing fish as the preferred animal protein at least twice weekly and other animal proteins of poultry, eggs, and dairy (cheese or yogurt) in smaller portions either daily or a few times a week. Red meat is limited to a few times per month.
Choosing water as the main daily beverage, but allowing a moderate intake of wine with meals, about one to two glasses a day for men and one glass a day for women.
Stressing daily physical activity through enjoyable activities.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:12 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
I copied from an article for you to have an idea. A few of my doctors recommended that I try it.

What Is It?

Chances are you have heard of the Mediterranean diet. If you have a chronic condition like heart disease or high blood pressure, your doctor may even have prescribed it to you. It is often promoted to decrease the risk of heart disease, depression, and dementia.

The traditional diets of countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea differ slightly so there are different versions of the Mediterranean diet. However, in 1993 the Harvard School of Public Health, Oldways Preservation and Exchange Trust, and the European Office of the World Health Organization introduced the Mediterranean Diet Pyramid as a guide to help familiarize people with the most common foods of the region. More of an eating pattern than a strictly regimented diet plan, the pyramid emphasized certain foods based on the dietary traditions of Crete, Greece, and southern Italy during the mid-20th century. [1,2] At that time, these countries displayed low rates of chronic disease and higher than average adult life expectancy despite having limited access to healthcare. It was believed that the diet—mainly fruits and vegetables, beans, nuts, whole grains, fish, olive oil, small amounts of dairy, and red wine—contributed to their health benefits. The pyramid also highlighted daily exercise and the beneficial social aspects of eating meals together.

How It Works

The Mediterranean diet is a primarily plant-based eating plan that includes daily intake of whole grains, olive oil, fruits, vegetables, beans and other legumes, nuts, herbs, and spices. Other foods like animal proteins are eaten in smaller quantities, with the preferred animal protein being fish and seafood. Although the pyramid shape suggests the proportion of foods to eat (e.g., eat more fruits and vegetables and less dairy foods), it does not specify portion sizes or specific amounts. It is up to the individual to decide exactly how much food to eat at each meal, as this will vary by physical activity and body size. There are additional points that make this eating plan unique:

An emphasis on healthy fats. Olive oil is recommended as the primary added fat, replacing other oils and fats (butter, margarine). Other foods naturally containing healthful fats are highlighted, such as avocados, nuts, and oily fish like salmon and sardines; among these, walnuts and fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
Choosing fish as the preferred animal protein at least twice weekly and other animal proteins of poultry, eggs, and dairy (cheese or yogurt) in smaller portions either daily or a few times a week. Red meat is limited to a few times per month.
Choosing water as the main daily beverage, but allowing a moderate intake of wine with meals, about one to two glasses a day for men and one glass a day for women.
Stressing daily physical activity through enjoyable activities.

Interesting…..thank you!! I’m going to look into it, for my own knowledge.
Can I just say I really hate mornings. I’m in such a rush to get my kids out, I don’t usually have anything to eat or drink. I take my vitamins, but that’s about it. Then I come home so so hungry after dropping them all off…

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 10:27 am
amother OP wrote:
That’s great!
Guys, I read that it’s super important to drink a glass of water before bed!

Why is that? Do you have more info?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 1:32 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Why is that? Do you have more info?

Removes toxins from the body, keeps hydration going, improves circulation, heart function, blood pressure, a bunch of other things. If you google you’ll find it all.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 2:18 pm
https://I.imgur.com/2kRrHnh.jpg

This was my day so far. Haven’t really gotten much done, baby has been spitting up constantly, so not much in terms of walking, etc. Dinner is going to be a pulled rib sandwich I bought yesterday and didn’t get to eat last night.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 4:32 pm
https://I.imgur.com/2kRrHnh.jpg

This was my day so far. Haven’t really gotten much done, baby has been spitting up constantly, so not much in terms of walking, etc. Dinner is going to be a pulled rib sandwich I bought yesterday and didn’t get to eat last night.

I saw your weigh-in. Just curious, what's your weight loss goal?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 6:05 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I saw your weigh-in. Just curious, what's your weight loss goal?

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 6:47 pm

Wow! That's impressive. Last time I weighed that much, I was a teen and I'm short. Can't Believe It

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 6:49 pm
BH, day 3 has been great, although not done yet!

Does walking while shopping count for exercise? wondering

Still need to finish drinking water.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 6:51 pm
amother Grape wrote:
Wow! That's impressive. Last time I weighed that much, I was a teen and I'm short. Can't Believe It

Last time I weight that was after my first, 16 years ago :-(

amother
Daffodil

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 6:26 am
Didn't manage to post what I ate yesterday, so here goes.

Breakfast: fruit
Lunch: 2 ww rye bread with half avocado and soup
Snack: dried mango, homemade banana oat muffin.
Dinner: a lot of soup ( oat carrot mushroom) with some grated cheese inside.

Today I had a muffin. Having some (los fat) cholent for lunch.
What I hope to eat tonight: matza, piece of salmon with avocado dip and mushroom salad. Soup with tons of veggies and chicken. Dessert would be a few frozen dates with a piece of dark choc.

Hope I can stick to my plan. Good luck to all of you. Have a great shabbos!
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise