Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Whats a good weight loss 'tool' to buy?
1  2  Next

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 8:23 am
my anniversary is coming (less then a week!) and I want to buy me/us a present but don't need much, b"H. so I was thinking to buy s/t that can help us diet (not a scale, that we're poshut buying) but maybe an electric grill or s/t like that. so what 'tool' do you find you have that is very useful and helps you in ur weight loss? s/t we'd use alot and that will make it easier. helpful.
tia

yentaof8

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 8:29 am
How about a treadmill - personally, I prefer an elipitical trainer but DH already got a treadmill (also known as a place to hang clothes on) and there's no room for both.

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 8:37 am
How about a muzzle? (That's what I need)

Just kidding. Rolling Eyes

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 9:03 am
yentaof8 wrote:
How about a treadmill - personally, I prefer an elipitical trainer but DH already got a treadmill (also known as a place to hang clothes on) and there's no room for both.

I wasn't thinking that much money. thats why I mentioned an electric grill, like one of those indoor plug in on the counter type things. dunno. plus I'm not into these indoor exercise machines at home.

a muzzle mite work, but then I think I'd go crazy!

RachelEve14

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 10:08 am
I like my braun hand blender if you are looking for a kitchen gaget. I use it for all kinds of low fat milk creations, mostly skim milk, lots of ice, and either coffee & sugar for ice coffee or sometimes fruit w/ ice & a bit of juice. Nice cool treats for the summer. I make my kids higher calorie treats too.

If you like meat a lot an indoor grill might be nice, we are not big meat eaters during the week, dh never wants to be fleshic

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 10:16 am
My father once brought home this cute and funny gadget that's supposed to help with weight loss. It was a motion-activated pig that you can place in the fridge or nosh cupboard. Every time you open the door it oinks. It's supposed to remind you not to be a pig. LOL

In the kitchen

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 10:42 am
newima wrote:
My father once brought home this cute and funny gadget that's supposed to help with weight loss. It was a motion-activated pig that you can place in the fridge or nosh cupboard. Every time you open the door it oinks. It's supposed to remind you not to be a pig. LOL

That's hilarious! I need one or two of those!!

PinkandYellow

Post Sat, Jun 14 2008, 4:11 pm
is an electric grill a good idea or a waste of money? does it make a big difference?

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 9:26 am
I have never bought one since dh doesnt like fleishigs or fish...but I know many people who get alot of use out of theirs and like it alot.

Barbara

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 11:03 am
My dad adores his George Foreman grill. It allows him to cook quickly and simply without addding a lot of oils. OTOH, we love our outdoor Weber Baby-Q portable gas grill.

What about a food scale and good sets of measuring cups and spoons, so you can figure out portion size.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 12:07 pm
if ur gonna grill, its a great idea.
I dont have one but many pp swear by theirs.

shlishka

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 4:45 pm
If you go with the indoor grill - get one with removable plates. The other ones are so difficult to clean they are not worth using!!

Seraph

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 12:02 pm
get an electrical indoor bbq- the kind with a metal coil and a water filled dripping plate- very easy to clean, it makes your meat less fatty bec it drips down. and it helps you make grilled vegetables which are very easy and tasty and fietetic. And best of all, you can buy ones for approximately 70-80 shekel.

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 1:16 pm
a scale and a jump rope,or a large exercise ball?

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Jun 18 2008, 1:26 pm
electrical indoor bbq sounds yum. ur sure its easy to clean? s/o told me indoor ele grills are real hard to clean so I won't ever use it. what brand name is good?

PinkandYellow

Post Sat, Jun 21 2008, 6:42 pm
here's another idea, they have these vegetable slicers? they look like a plastic square and the top has different sizes for cutting to diff sizes, like dicing veggies for a salad. so it would make things easier probly. anyone have one or use it? I guess it'll be this or the grill.

mom7270

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 1:02 am
a scale????

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 1:05 am
PinkandYellow wrote:
electrical indoor bbq sounds yum. ur sure its easy to clean? s/o told me indoor ele grills are real hard to clean so I won't ever use it. what brand name is good?

You can cover the grill with parchment paper before use - makes cleanup a breeze!

catonmylap

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 6:38 am
I tell you what I want--the WII fit. I think it would help me exercise. But we don't even have a WII, so it is a very expensive toy.

A simpler less expensive idea is a smoothie machine. We have one. If your dh would go for it, you can prepare healthy drinks with it.

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 22 2008, 11:34 am
ChossidMom wrote:
How about a muzzle? (That's what I need)

Just kidding. Rolling Eyes

Lol I was going to say something similar Twisted Evil how about duct tape it's a tool to ya know.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise