Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Please help me lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:17 am
I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but on me 5 pounds looks like 20. Obviously I would love to keep it off but for now the immediate goal is to lose it. Suggestions please (not bashing)

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:19 am
Pointing out that you're asking for help with something unhealthy is not bashing.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:26 am
I will suggest drinking a lot of water and no caloric drinks. Making sure you get enough sleep. No processed foods. No fatty foods other than fish. Keep dairy to a minimum or keep away. And walk as much as you can instead of driving or taking public transportation. I don't known if you will lose weight but you will feel better.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:28 am
amother Peru wrote:
I will suggest drinking a lot of water and no caloric drinks. Making sure you get enough sleep. No processed foods. No fatty foods other than fish. Keep dairy to a minimum or keep away. And walk as much as you can instead of driving or taking public transportation. I don't known if you will lose weight but you will feel better.

Thank you. What falls under the category of processed foods? I barely eat any fruits or vegetables

mizle10

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:47 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Pointing out that you're asking for help with something unhealthy is not bashing.

2.5lbs a week is far from crazy.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:48 am
You could cut all carbs and live on fats. You'll regain all the weight plus more when you go back to normal eating, though.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:49 am
Do not eat after dinner.
You need a calorie deficit to lose weight so either eat less or exercise more.

Eat meals with protein. Only eat healthy snacks like popcorn, nuts, fruit etc

Do you exercise currently?

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:49 am
mizle10 wrote:
2.5lbs a week is far from crazy.

Depends on how overweight you are.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 6:59 am
Processed foods are foods that were made in a factory. They come in a box or package and have a long list of ingredients many of which you don't recognize as actual foods. Think of that box of cereal or crackers, the sugary flavored yogurt you had for breakfast or the "nutrition" bar you had as a snack.
Unprocessed foods, the good guys, are foods in their natural state. A slice of fish, a piece of chicken, an apple, an orange, a peanut or an almond, baby carrots or cherry tomatoes. If you bake yourself a piece of chicken or fish and eat it with a baked potato or sweet potato and a salad of vegetables you cut up yourself that would be a meal of unprocessed foods.
Be careful though. Steak and ribs are unprocessed but if you eat a bunch of those dripping with fat, that's not going to help you. The bottled sauce you slathered them with is processed and full of unhealthy sugars. Throw it out.
Eating unprocessed foods is a good start but you have to choose the good ones. There's a diet going around where people are eating tons of fresh fruit. It's not working for the people I know. Fruit is delicious and unprocessed but too much of a good thing won't help you lose weight. If you're eating a few bananas, bunches of grapes and cups of melon a day you're eating unprocessed food but too much of it. Plain mashed potatoes are unprocessed but eating a mountain of those won't help you lose weight.
Getting rid of all the crackers, cereal. sauces and processed snacks in your house is a good first step. A good second step is becoming aware of portion size and stopping to eat whatever you're eating when you had a decent portion. A good third step is avoiding any added sugars. Fruit, vegetables and dairy products have natural sugars in them and that's fine. The sugar you put in your coffee, the sugar in cake and cookies, even if it comes in a healthier sounding form like honey or maple syrup is added sugar. It will mess up your blood sugar levels and make you hungry, tired and unable to metabolize the good foods you're eating. All sugars make your insulin spike in an unhealthy way. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the muffins are made with honey so they're fine. They're not.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:04 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
Processed foods are foods that were made in a factory. They come in a box or package and have a long list of ingredients many of which you don't recognize as actual foods. Think of that box of cereal or crackers, the sugary flavored yogurt you had for breakfast or the "nutrition" bar you had as a snack.
Unprocessed foods, the good guys, are foods in their natural state. A slice of fish, a piece of chicken, an apple, an orange, a peanut or an almond, baby carrots or cherry tomatoes. If you bake yourself a piece of chicken or fish and eat it with a baked potato or sweet potato and a salad of vegetables you cut up yourself that would be a meal of unprocessed foods.
Be careful though. Steak and ribs are unprocessed but if you eat a bunch of those dripping with fat, that's not going to help you. The bottled sauce you slathered them with is processed and full of unhealthy sugars. Throw it out.
Eating unprocessed foods is a good start but you have to choose the good ones. There's a diet going around where people are eating tons of fresh fruit. It's not working for the people I know. Fruit is delicious and unprocessed but too much of a good thing won't help you lose weight. If you're eating a few bananas, bunches of grapes and cups of melon a day you're eating unprocessed food but too much of it. Plain mashed potatoes are unprocessed but eating a mountain of those won't help you lose weight.
Getting rid of all the crackers, cereal. sauces and processed snacks in your house is a good first step. A good second step is becoming aware of portion size and stopping to eat whatever you're eating when you had a decent portion. A good third step is avoiding any added sugars. Fruit, vegetables and dairy products have natural sugars in them and that's fine. The sugar you put in your coffee, the sugar in cake and cookies, even if it comes in a healthier sounding form like honey or maple syrup is added sugar. It will mess up your blood sugar levels and make you hungry, tired and unable to metabolize the good foods you're eating. All sugars make your insulin spike in an unhealthy way. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the muffins are made with honey so they're fine. They're not.

Thank you for taking the time! I appreciate it!

gootlfriends

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 8:40 am
Why no fruits or vegetables? They are so good for you. Fiber, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. Even 1 fruit and vegetable a day is something.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 9:27 am
gootlfriends wrote:
Why no fruits or vegetables? They are so good for you. Fiber, vitamins and minerals and antioxidants. Even 1 fruit and vegetable a day is something.

I don’t like them. I’m a very picky eater 🙈

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 9:29 am
I’ve done the 3 day army diet to spring start a diet.
Google it

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:14 am
There are fruits and vegetables on the army diet. Op, you can still lose the weight if you eliminate a lot of fruits and vegetables but cutting out all of them really limits you. They're lower in calories than proteins and fats and will stretch your meals and make you feel full by adding fiber. Even if weight loss isn't your goal you're cheating your body of a lot of nutrients by leaving them out of your diet.
If you want to lose weight and stay healthy you'll have to take a walk through the produce department and find something you can eat. A nutritionist could set you up with a good plan. She'll leave out the foods you don't like if you're picky but make sure you're still getting the nutrients you need to feel full and feel fine.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:39 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t like them. I’m a very picky eater 🙈

Have you tried them in a smoothie with stuff you like? You would be amazed how good combination smoothies taste.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but on me 5 pounds looks like 20. Obviously I would love to keep it off but for now the immediate goal is to lose it. Suggestions please (not bashing)

This thread started yesterday

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....96032
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise