Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Broadway shows
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 8:52 am
Can anyone recommend a good clean show? I would like to take out a friend, but I am clueless.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 8:56 am
Why not broadway?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:02 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Why not broadway?

You're right. On or off Broadway

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:05 am
Then Aladdin is nice . Or the lion king.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:13 am
Thanks! Like I said, I'm clueless TMI Is it acceptable to bring along an infant? If yes, do I need to pay for the infant?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Like I said, I'm clueless TMI Is it acceptable to bring along an infant? If yes, do I need to pay for the infant?

Do not bring an infant to a Broadway show. Because if they wake up and cry everyone around, you will be so ticked off that the infant is crying. You cannot guarantee that they will stay asleep for the whole 2-3 hours.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:23 am
Also what do you mean by clean.... Bc the costumes on Aladdin and lion king are both not exactly tzniut

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:33 am
singleagain wrote:
Also what do you mean by clean.... Bc the costumes on Aladdin and lion king are both not exactly tzniut

We're women, so I guess pritzus isn't really an issue?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:45 am
amother OP wrote:
We're women, so I guess pritzus isn't really an issue?

Even if the men are the ones that are barely clothed...

Btw, I personally don't have a problem with costumes or storyline. I'm just used to seeing posters saying this is a problem.. So I wanted to be sure you were aware

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:48 am
amother OP wrote:

It’s not that acceptable but if you are sure they will sleep the whole time I guess you can. But you will need to pay for a full priced ticket

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:48 am
Are there ever any discounts for these shows?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:51 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It’s not that acceptable but if you are sure they will sleep the whole time I guess you can. But you will need to pay for a full priced ticket

Actually, I just looked on the websites both Aladdin and the Lion King will not admit children under the age of two.

You might not even be allowed to bring any baby into any Broadway theater. It's just really not appropriate.

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:51 am
amother OP wrote:
Are there ever any discounts for these shows?

For Aladdin and Lion King no way no way unless there's like rush tickets which you could only on that day. See if it's available but definitely not Lion King. It's one of the most popular shows and there is no way that there are discounts for it.

mizle10

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:53 am
I’ve never seen a baby at a broadway show and I’ve been to a fair amount.

Google the trailers for these shows to make sure you are comfortable with them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:54 am
Which is better, Lion King or Aladdin?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:54 am
amother OP wrote:
Which is better, Lion King or Aladdin?

Better is so subjective

Personally liked Aladdin and I would go see it again and again more than I would go see Lion King... Lion King, I saw once back in wow like a decade ago and that was more than enough for me

Last edited by singleagain on Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:55 am
Which pricing tier will give us a decent seat?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Which pricing tier will give us a decent seat?

You got to check the map of the theater and see what you're willing to do but the cheaper the seats. The more restricted the viewing is

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:57 am
singleagain wrote:
For Aladdin and Lion King no way no way unless there's like rush tickets which you could only on that day. See if it's available but definitely not Lion King. It's one of the most popular shows and there is no way that there are discounts for it.
I don't mind waiting for rush tickets, but is there a good chance that a mid-week evening show would have discounted tickets for that day? And where would I look to find those tickets?

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
I don't mind waiting for rush tickets, but is there a good chance that a mid-week evening show would have discounted tickets for that day? And where would I look to find those tickets?

I'm not even sure if there are rush tickets. But you'd have to go to TKTS. That would be the best bet for last minute tickets unless you're going to hang out by the box office.

Also, here's a list of other Broadway shows cuz there's not just musicals you know and you might be interested in some of those

https://www.nyc.com/broadway_t.....w_wcB
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries