Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Would you recommend buying @ Renaissance Furniture?

Smiles

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 12:55 pm
I'm looking to buy bedroom furniture. Someone suggested Renaissance Furniture on New Utrecht and 43rd. Since I never heard about them I was wondering if anyone here bought furniture from them? Also, I was wondering on the quality of their stuff. TIA

Bell

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 12:56 pm
I dont know but I bought from Kingdon Furniture (39th bet 13 & 14)& was not so happy!

Maya

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 3:56 pm
My furniture is from Renaissance. Their stuff is nice, good quality, and good service. I was happy with them.

Rivky

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:10 pm
The more people you're gona ask the more opinions you'll get. There are so many stores in BP you can choose from w/ good and bad reviews.

Smiles

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:24 pm
Maya-thanks for that info definitely helps!

And Rivky, you're right. But I heard that many BP stores started selling cheaper quality furniture manufactured in China for the same price you would pay for European. And the China quality is really bad. I'm really looking for European made furniture and a store that would be honest with me and tell me the truth where it's manufactured. I haven't spoken to anyone who bought there so before I make my purchase I want to hear other peoples experience with them.

Rivky

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:27 pm
Truth is that the stuff bought in china and sold here are not same prices as Italian at all. You're going to pay way way more for an Italian set than you will for a Chinese set. And, no store will tell you outright that this was manufactured in China. They'll either say they buy it here or wtvr else (know this from experience). Unless you have uterly honest stores here in bp which I dont know about!!

Smiles

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:39 pm
Rivky wrote:
And, no store will tell you outright that this was manufactured in China. They'll either say they buy it here or wtvr else (know this from experience). Unless you have uterly honest stores here in bp which I dont know about!!

That's exactly my concern! Honesty. If it's chinese, fine. But tell me and don't overcharge me. Selling a Chinese set and saying it's Italian and charging the Italian price is not fair!

Rivky

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:42 pm
I dont think anyone will tell you it's Italian when it really is Chinese. You'll see the prices for yourself. An Italian bedroom is a lot lot more than the Chinese ones. So the prices alone should give you a lil bit of a clue. (Unless they have an Italian bedroom that they buy in bulk and can afford to give it at a decent price)

Smiles

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 4:51 pm
I guess thats what I'll do, check out the stuff and prices and hopefully I'll be able to tell whats good quality!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics