Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Unbuckled for school drop off
Previous  1  2

Do you buckle little kids into car seats for school drop off/pick up?
Yes, every time  
 91%  [ 191 ]
No, rarely/never  
 4%  [ 9 ]
I buckle my own kids but not car pool  
 1%  [ 4 ]
We use 5 pt harnessed seats but my little kids can buckle and unbuckle themselves.  
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 208

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:27 pm
My friend told me she's laxxer for carpool and they just use boosters for kids that should prob still be in regular seats. So maybe they can do the buckles. My kids are under 5 and still in 5 point carseats. I usually have the older one climb in, and tell her to arrange the straps while I buckle the younger one in, then go back around and buckle the oldest. So maybe you're seeing kids get in but missing the actual buckling?

Highstrung

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:30 pm
My 4 year old insists on buckling and unbuckling her 5 point harness. But of course she’s strapped when we take her in a vehicle.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:34 pm
amother Blush wrote:
How did you do this? I want my 3.5 year old to buckle and unbuckle herself but she's not catching on. I'd love to hear tips

My daughter taught herself. First she learned how to do the chest buckle and a few months later she showed us that she could strap and buckle herself in and out. She was determined and insistent.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:38 pm
Once there are carpools no one I know does car seats for all the kids.. it’s boosters and most kids can unbuckle a seatbelt

cookier

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:55 pm
Highstrung wrote:
My daughter taught herself. First she learned how to do the chest buckle and a few months later she showed us that she could strap and buckle herself in and out. She was determined and insistent.

Is she able to loosen and tighten the straps as well and get her arms through in a jacket/coat?

Have you ever had her come out on her own when she shouldn’t? That’s my big fear with trying to teach mine to get out.

Highstrung

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:01 pm
cookier wrote:
Is she able to loosen and tighten the straps as well and get her arms through in a jacket/coat?

Have you ever had her come out on her own when she shouldn’t? That’s my big fear with trying to teach mine to get out.

If she needs adjusting we reach over to assist, but she usually figures it out.
Maybe once she unstrapped herself because she was angry about something and was trying to act rebellious, but never again after that.

amother
Iris

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 10:21 am
It used to make me so very upset to see kids being at risk because of parents negligence or ignorance if car safety. Now I just say a quick tefilah to Hash-em to keep the innocent kid safe...

It's quite absurd how a kid is in an expensive car seat, but not buckled properly or at all. That's just one kind of issue... I've unfortunately seen way to many kinds.

I just daven everyone will be safe.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:05 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Once there are carpools no one I know does car seats for all the kids.. it’s boosters and most kids can unbuckle a seatbelt

Yes. This is your answer.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers