Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What's with the terry summer outfits?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:08 am
Can someone explain the new style of the terry dresses and outfits for summer? Little legs and Bopop both have this.
I'm very fashion-savvy, but this is not something I understand lol.

Like is it worn after swimming? Regular outfit?
Thanks in advance for answering my very important question.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:09 am
They were selling terry last year already
H&M sold 2 years ago already.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:09 am
Saw it on H&M as well! So weird! I just move along

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:11 am
Yes I saw it last year and I was sure they'll realize after the summer that it was a mistake.
But the frum brands have this power of peruading the masses of what's in, and it will be sold out regardless within a few weeks.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes I saw it last year and I was sure they'll realize after the summer that it was a mistake.
But the frum brands have this power of peruading the masses of what's in, and it will be sold out regardless within a few weeks.

It’s in style in the non Jewish world. Nothing to do with being frum or persuading masses.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:18 am
I saw a kids dress by zara last summer. It prob won’t sell out so fast. There are still some ppl out there that buy what they like not what’s in.

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:21 am
Every summer there’s Terry
Terry Sun dress
Terry zip ups
Shorts
Skirts
Nothing new
Could be used as casual dress or after swimming

I think the idea came out because kids didn’t want to change from swimming and parents wanted to go out to eat
At least that’s what we did in the 70s

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:26 am
amother OP wrote:

Non jewish stores have been selling terry clothing for the past few years now. It took a good 5+ years for the frum brands to catch on.....

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:27 am
I remember having a terrycloth dress when I was a little girl. Probably when I was about six or seven. It was pink, with a white collar and white belt. My mother was never into fashion, and at that age I didn't even know that fashion existed, but she must have liked the dress. My main criteria for liking clothing at that age was colour. If it was pink I liked it, and if it wasn't I refused to wear it! But from a sensory perspective I must have found it comfortable, or I wouldn't have worn it.

Mid forties, for reference. I don't know if it was the fashion then, or just a dress that my mother saw and liked, but it's not a new thing.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:28 am
You don’t have to buy it.
Op, you sound pressured because you like to keep up with fashion but if it’s not something you like just move on. Some people might think it’s cute and practical.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:33 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:
You don’t have to buy it.
Op, you sound pressured because you like to keep up with fashion but if it’s not something you like just move on. Some people might think it’s cute and practical.

Just curiousity, no worries.

I like to hear other people's opinions:)

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:35 am
Nothing new. Terry clothes are sold every summer. The fabric is breathable even if it’s thicker and works very well for post- water activity time. When Juicy Couture was a thing, they made velour tracksuits for the winter and Terry ones for the summer.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:38 am
I don’t think it’s cute but super comfy I’ve see it for the last few years in non Jewish stores.
I wouldn’t buy it because of the fashion element but rather for comfort and practicality, cotton terry fabric keeps you cool on hot days and is cozy for chilly evenings in summer.
Good for after swimming in the summer, and is probably good for other sports since it’s sweat absorbing.

4sure

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:57 am
I thought it’s made for after pool or beach. It’s a very casual look.

amother
Dimgray

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 12:28 pm
The types of terry items that are sold now are for regular wear. Which is funny.

Swim coverups are and always were terry. Not these items.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 12:30 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
The types of terry items that are sold now are for regular wear. Which is funny.

Swim coverups are and always were terry. Not these items.

They're very comfortable for hot days.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:54 pm
Pretty old. My kids were them 2 years ago
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics