Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Wholesome jewish music
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:34 am
Looking for recommendations for cute Jewish music I can play for my toddler and preschooler. They don't really appreciate stories so mostly just kiddy music options. Tried some of the uncle moshy stuff buy didn't like the older stuff

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 10:37 am
Morah Music
Rabbi Jake
Shmuel Kunda (old fashioned but kids love it)

be good

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:01 am
Rebbe Alter!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:03 am
Look up Raffi music. It's not Jewish music but it's wholesome and so good and some songs are entertaing for adults like banana phone.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:05 am
We love morah music

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:08 am
https://music.apple.com/us/alb.....96?ls

My kids loved this cd when they were little!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 11:45 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/my-first-sing-along-siddur-feat-chony-milecki-benny/1495235396?ls

My kids loved this cd when they were little!

Me too although I never heard the 12 pesukim part. I'm a little turned off now and kinda don't want to listen to it. Perhaps my parents and teachers in preschool just skipped those tracks...

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 1:50 pm
Torah island
613 torah avenue
Kivi and tuki
Boruch learned his ------

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:07 pm
Jewish Children's Classic - Suki & Ding
Yanky Strudel and his Kosher Rocket

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:11 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Me too although I never heard the 12 pesukim part. I'm a little turned off now and kinda don't want to listen to it. Perhaps my parents and teachers in preschool just skipped those tracks...

What's the issue with the 12 pesukim? They're Torah pesukim set to songs...

My kids absolutely love that album (it's called My First Sing Along Siddur and it's also on spotify). I also recently heard that Morah Blanca's songs - I think the album is called under the mitzvah tree - is available on dvd or maybe USB at judaica stores. It's many old classic songs, I always used them in preschool. I didn't get my hands on it yet but if you find it, highly recommend!

gr82no

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:25 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:

What? Why would you be turned off from the twelve pesukim? Most of them are from the Chumash. It is made by Chabad people. And why not listen to the rest you do enjoy?

Op my kid enjoys the marvelous middos machine songs

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:46 pm
gr82no wrote:
What? Why would you be turned off from the twelve pesukim? Most of them are from the Chumash. It is made by Chabad people. And why not listen to the rest you do enjoy?

Op my kid enjoys the marvelous middos machine songs

Because it's connected to the rebbe is moshiach kind of thing which I believe is avodah zarah and I don't want my kids exposed to that kind of nonsense.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:47 pm
scintilla wrote:
What's the issue with the 12 pesukim? They're Torah pesukim set to songs...

My kids absolutely love that album (it's called My First Sing Along Siddur and it's also on spotify). I also recently heard that Morah Blanca's songs - I think the album is called under the mitzvah tree - is available on dvd or maybe USB at judaica stores. It's many old classic songs, I always used them in preschool. I didn't get my hands on it yet but if you find it, highly recommend!

Because there's a weird fascination with those specific pesukim. It's what it's connected to and their underlying agenda is what bothers me.

peachmommy

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:50 pm
Can you explain how 12 Pessukim is connected to the Rebbe being Moshiach.. doesn't sound like an educated comment. They are 12 Pessukim directly from Torah that the Rebbe picked out if I'm not mistaken years before the whole Moshiach movement, as concepts that should be highlighted for kids as fundamental in Yiddishkeit! They are beautiful Pessukim and we should all strive to internalize their meanings! Shame you wouldn't want to expose your kids to them..

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:53 pm
I don't want to derail OP's thread, so I'll just write the following and OP let me know if you want me to delete:

The 12 pesukim were chosen by the Rebbe as significant Torah concepts that he wanted Jewish children to know. That's all. No connection to Moshiach/meshichist ideas. (Not sure if you're thinking of yechi.) It's all Torah sources, ie Torah tziva lanu Moshe, shema, veamech kulam tzadikim, vehavta lereyacha kamocha...really nothing controversial. The closest I can think of that it comes to discussing Moshiach is that the one that starts "vzeh" mentions making a "dira betachtonim" for Hashem which is what will happen when Moshiach comes. 3 are from the Tanya and all others are from chumash/gemara.

https://www.chabad.org/kids/ar.....m.htm here's a brief overview.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:56 pm
peachmommy wrote:
Can you explain how 12 Pessukim is connected to the Rebbe being Moshiach.. doesn't sound like an educated comment. They are 12 Pessukim directly from Torah that the Rebbe picked out if I'm not mistaken years before the whole Moshiach movement, as concepts that should be highlighted for kids as fundamental in Yiddishkeit! They are beautiful Pessukim and we should all strive to internalize their meanings! Shame you wouldn't want to expose your kids to them..

Nowadays the only people I know who are very into the pesukim are people who believe the rebbe is moshiach. Chabad in my neighborhood hosts events and makes sure to give kids candy to shout them out at every one, and wave moshiach flags.

On shabbos they come into the parks and give kids candy if they say the pesukim, and if mothers get upset they bribe the kids with candy to do it behind their back.

Even if the Chabad Rebbe did come out with them before the Moshiach movement its very much associated with it nowadays.

Just because one Rav said these are important pesukim doesn't mean my Rav agrees or I feel the need for my child to chant them.

Also I don't think teaching kids to take candy from strangers in exchange for doing things is a healthy thing to teach and I just don't want my kids having anything to do with them

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:00 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Because it's connected to the rebbe is moshiach kind of thing which I believe is avodah zarah and I don't want my kids exposed to that kind of nonsense.

The 12 pesukim have nothing to do with the rebbe. They are pesukim that describe what Judaism is about- torah tziva lanu Moshe, shema, everyone has a place in olam haba, anyone is able to follow the torah, bereishis barah Elokim…..none of these pesukim have anything to do with the rebbe.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:01 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
The 12 pesukim have nothing to do with the rebbe. They are pesukim that describe what Judaism is about- torah tziva lanu Moshe, shema, everyone has a place in olam haba, anyone is able to follow the torah, bereishis barah Elokim…..none of these pesukim have anything to do with the rebbe.

Then why highlight these specific ones? Why not chant many of the other thousands of pesukim?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:02 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Because there's a weird fascination with those specific pesukim. It's what it's connected to and their underlying agenda is what bothers me.

I think you don’t really know what the 12 pesukim are really all about. Maybe read this. The only connection there is to the rebbe is that he chose these pesukim as the ones that represent the essence of the torah.

https://www.chabad.org/kids/ar.....s.htm

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Nowadays the only people I know who are very into the pesukim are people who believe the rebbe is moshiach. Chabad in my neighborhood hosts events and makes sure to give kids candy to shout them out at every one, and wave moshiach flags.

On shabbos they come into the parks and give kids candy if they say the pesukim, and if mothers get upset they bribe the kids with candy to do it behind their back.

Even if the Chabad Rebbe did come out with them before the Moshiach movement its very much associated with it nowadays.

Just because one Rav said these are important pesukim doesn't mean my Rav agrees or I feel the need for my child to chant them.

Also I don't think teaching kids to take candy from strangers in exchange for doing things is a healthy thing to teach and I just don't want my kids having anything to do with them

Ok I totally get where you're coming from now and understand why you associate the two. Just want to point out that it's not actually associated and I would say it's not standard for Chabad to act this way, I am Chabad and know many people who believe different things and pesukim are not seen as related to that whole idea.

Basically, I get why it turns you off, and I want you to know that that has to do with the Chabad people in your area (I'm not commenting on their actions) and not the pesukim themselves.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers