Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Going to bed with dishes still in the sink
1  2  Next

Pizza

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 1:30 pm
It drives me crazy, and it (sometimes) leads to bugs, but I am sooooo tired some nights, I cant face another thing to clean.

What do you do? Am I truly a lousy housewife?
Will I get Gan Eden as an akeret habayit anyway?

Tune in next week...

dora

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:21 pm
I'm conducting an experiment to see if unwashed dishes get done over night, so far that never happened, but somehow seeing them in the morning being more rested makes me feel like they're not such a mountain they seemed like the night before, and I quickly wash them. feel guilty? never.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:23 pm
I do it sometimes, as I'm so tired at night...

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:42 pm
very rarely do I leave dishes in the sink.
I found out that when I wake up to a sink w/dishes in it I am not in a good mood,even w/a cup of coffee.
I like waking up to a presentable house,my mood is much better(learned this after getting flylady everyday)

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:46 pm
I love to wake up to a sparkling clean kitchen. I just did the floor. But there IS a pot in the sink, I am too lazy to scrub it out. Hmmmm

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:51 pm
Ya got me feeling all guilty so I did the dang pot. Confused

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 2:54 pm
My grandmother used to call it, washing with one finger or a whole arm. She was a one finger type of person Very Happy . I use my whole arm Confused .

Tefila

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 3:04 pm
Quote:
What do you do? Am I truly a lousy housewife?

At times I have been caught of doing the same thing embarrassed However no bugs by me b"h. If you soak it in hot sudsy water and leave them soaking and provided you wash it early next morning, that should work I mean what does one do for Shabbos anyways especially with it being so late?

Quote:
Will I get Gan Eden as an akeret habayit anyway?

Depends whom u ask I guess Wink

Also what are we staying tuned for, more shameful misnomers shock Tongue Out

freidasima

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 3:27 pm
Unless I am so sick that I have to go to bed and no one else will do it, never.

mimivan

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 4:05 pm
Akeres Habayis wrote:
very rarely do I leave dishes in the sink.
I found out that when I wake up to a sink w/dishes in it I am not in a good mood,even w/a cup of coffee.
I like waking up to a presentable house,my mood is much better(learned this after getting flylady everyday)

exactly. I woke up to a mess this morning because I decided to "lie down for 20 minutes" after Havdalah and woke at 5 am!
I really wasn't happy waking up to that, and besides, the plates were much harder to scrape.

I remember this next time I "want to lie down" for a bit...waking up at 5 am to hard-to-scrape plates.

(b'h I woke at 5 and not later)

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 4:26 pm
I usually do NOT wake up to a sparkling kitchen. I value my rest too much.
So, the dishes usually stay in the sink till I do them in the morning, before making the kids' sandwiches.

I have priorities too y'know. Mr. Green

Tehilla

Post Sun, Jun 15 2008, 4:29 pm
hmm...I leave dishes overnight fairly often. although I try always to rinse and scrape prior to putting them in the sink.

it's a pretty recent development though. both my kids had sleep issues and I had to figure out how to manage my time in the evenings that went from lots to nothing.

B"H now it's getting better and I have to rearrange my routine!

Akeres Habayis

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 2:08 am
I have a friend that puts the dirty dishes under the sink,until she gets to them,so the kitchen always looks clean LOL but dont look in the cabinets!!!
for shabbos,I almost always have seminary girls staying by me.....they love to do the dishes all of shabbos,who am I to disappoint them! LOL

my family knows my quirks about the dishes,my oldest cringe when I get an email from flylady or when I go on imamother bc she knows I have some new way of getting things done,which will involve her Twisted Evil LOL
if I'm really tired or not feeling well,then either dd does dishes or....my dh shock
he once had the nerve to say to me"I did the dishes,my hands got all cracked and dry" shock
he hasn't mumbled a word since LOL BH(he does them only if dd isn't home and I'm not feeling well)

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 3:33 am
imaof6 wrote:
I'm conducting an experiment to see if unwashed dishes get done over night, so far that never happened, but somehow seeing them in the morning being more rested makes me feel like they're not such a mountain they seemed like the night before, and I quickly wash them. feel guilty? never.

I always tell dh not to worry, they won't go anywhere. I am the odd man out here. I picture gehinnom as lines of sinks full of dishes I must wash. It is my least favorite chore and I will give up to half my kingdom for someone else to do them. I have even traded chores with my boys taking the floor.

What I do do is always put them in water so they don't have have dried food on them. Putting dishes with any food still on them into the sink is a capital crime in this house. No guilt for just overnight. Longer bothers even me.

Pizza

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 3:37 am
[quote="Imaonwheels I picture gehinnom as lines of sinks full of dishes I must wash. It is my least favorite chore and I will give up to half my kingdom for someone else to do them. I have even traded chores with my boys taking the floor.

What I do do is always put them in water so they don't have have dried food on them. Putting dishes with any food still on them into the sink is a capital crime in this house. No guilt for just overnight. Longer bothers even me.[/quote]

I sooo agree with you about gehinnom LOL

We also have the rinse-and-soak rule here. And, I frequently tell my teens that they need to do the dishes as their portion of helping out in the house for that day. There are still too many sinks of dishes, though... BH. Esp since Im trying to cut back on disposables...

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 4:22 am
I'll make a deal with anyone here - I'll do your dishes if you pick up the clutter on my floors and put it away. THAT to me is gehenom!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 4:42 am
ChossidMom wrote:
I'll make a deal with anyone here - I'll do your dishes if you pick up the clutter on my floors and put it away. THAT to me is gehenom!

Every night, people have to pick up their stuff so I don't have conniptions. It's a losing battle.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 4:45 am
That's one way to put it.

Erma Bombeck said that to pick up after kids before they grow up is like shoveling the front walk before it stops snowing...

mimivan

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 5:45 am
I originally heard it as picking up after kids before they go to bed, but I like your version better, chossidmom! t

shmeichel

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 6:14 am
I hate leaving dishes in the sink at night... but sometimes im just SOOOOO tired and not in the mood to do them:( though, I usually soak them to make it easier in the morning!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry