Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Going to bed with dishes still in the sink
Previous  1  2

smilethere

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 8:12 am
when shabbos ends almost 11.00pm and my baby is anyway going to wake up early morning - I leave the dishes for sunday morning - I need my sleep, and I usually don't get a shluf shabbos afternoon, due to the baby

gryp

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 8:16 am
Thank Hashem for my treife sinks. And papergoods. Otherwise I know I'd be having sink-fulls too. Just washing the pots is enough for me right now.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 8:29 am
I sometimes leave stuff overnight, but after shabbos before dh comes home (maybe an hour after shabbos ends) I try to do a lot of the dishes, if not all depending if we had guests or not. Dh cleans off the table - I hate that!

Dh would wash the dishes, but they just don't get that clean! I think he does it purposely LOL

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 8:53 am
I was just wondring if anyones children help witht the dishes? Mine have been rinsing them since they were 3 or 4. Usually it is too much for them to do the whole chore so we take shifts. One of the children will rinse them and then I will wash and someone else will dry and put them away.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:22 am
I love my dishwasher! The human one. Very Happy Dh washes dishes on/after shabbos and often during the week as well. I've been known to leave dishes in the sink during the day, all the while planning to get to them later. Later sometimes turns out to be the next day. I do tend to feel a little guilty about that. The only time I leave something in the sink with a clear conscience is when a pan is so dirty it needs to soak in soapy water for a while.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:30 am
we split it with dh and no, we're not bothered if we don't do it before going to bed.

Rivky

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 9:47 am
Up until I got pregnant-never left a thing in the sink overnight. Now though....diff story. At one point I used to do it at night just so in the morning I wouldn't come out to a dirty sink w/ dishes but the scrubbing went really poorly. Had no strength!! So I'd now, rather do it the next day w/ fresh "koach" than the day before.

NS

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 10:09 am
I NEVER leave my kitchen dirty, no matter how tired I am. I do this because I hate coming home after a whole day of exhausting work to a dirty kitchen.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry