Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
**HELP** ISO nutritionist/health coach - Monsey
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 3:27 pm
Bump. Anyone with more insight?

amother
RosePink

Post Sat, May 06 2023, 10:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone with info on Basya Koavacs?
Her ads look tempting.

Basya Kovacs is amazing. My husband went to her and lost tons of weight. I would definitely recommend her. She is a frum married woman with children and has years of experience working with weight loss and helps with emotional eating. I know this is an old post I hope this helps.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 10:26 am
OP did you find someone who takes fidelis?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 10:29 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
OP did you find someone who takes fidelis?

No

amother
Currant

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 10:51 am
Why don't you switch HMOs? I was told Fidelis is the only Medicaid HMO that you can't get a nutritionist on unless you have a condition requiring it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 6:34 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Why don't you switch HMOs? I was told Fidelis is the only Medicaid HMO that you can't get a nutritionist on unless you have a condition requiring it.

I actually am considering it. Someone mentioned united Healthcare upthread.

chany3

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 7:10 pm
OP, to me it looks like what your husband needs is a health coach, not a nutritionist. My experience with nutritionists is that they take your weight, talk to you a little bit about what you like to eat, and they give you a food plan.
A health coach on the other hand is much more equipped with tools on how to help a client make those difficult lifestyle changes. they have the knowledge, and they don't throw it on you, they help the client get to a place where they want to make their life better by making those healthy food related decisions.
the specialty of a good health coach is that the client walks out feeling empowered, and not like a school kid coming out of lecture. the feeling of empowerment motivates the client further to stick to their health commitments.
the down side of going to a coach, is that it's not covered by insurance (yet).

amother
Currant

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 3:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
I actually am considering it. Someone mentioned united Healthcare upthread.

That was me Hiding lol

BTW before you switch to anything, make sure to find out exactly what the coverage is and if your current doctors take the new plan.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 4:29 pm
amother Currant wrote:
That was me Hiding lol

BTW before you switch to anything, make sure to find out exactly what the coverage is and if your current doctors take the new plan.

Very Happy
Definitely. I'm amazing at postponing these kind of things (I hate phone calls) which is why this is schlepping so long. Can't Believe It

amother
Snow

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 5:35 pm
Rorie Weisberg I think is in Monsey. And I think she is an excellent health coach.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 14 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Rorie Weisberg I think is in Monsey. And I think she is an excellent health coach.

Thank you.
Is she the one who makes the gluten free mixes and stuff?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise