Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 29  30  31  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 28 2023, 11:59 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
It sounds like Harris hospital or in best case something like Orange Regional in Middletown.

Exactly my point. Somewhere in the boondocks.
Which would be ok if we don't plan on having babies and we don't need NICUs and PICUs.

In other words I am a bit upset about the heck of the location.
I understand it was cheaper for the builders but it is really not beneficial for the residents to live so far out.

This is worrying to me.
Everyone should be healthy and well BezH. But, are there no good hospitals nearby?

Ruchi

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:03 am
amother OP wrote:
This is worrying to me.
Everyone should be healthy and well BezH. But, are there no good hospitals nearby?

BTW, Beit Shemesh which is a huge town, has no local hospital.
It takes at the minimum, 40 minutes to reach the nearest hospital in Yerushalayim.

One needs a decent hospital within a fair distance

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:27 am
amother OP wrote:
This is worrying to me.

No there aren't.

To me its like moving to Ithaca New York.

The closest Jewish community to Ithaca is Monticello- 2 hours and 25 minutes.

That's comparable to the distance between Okeechobee and Miami.

The closest established medical community to Ithaca is Rochester 1 hour 45 minutes.

That's comparable to the distance between Okeechobee and Orlando where there's a good hospital.

Just because something is in the beloved state of Florida it doesn't make it a good place to live in for heimish families that are used to established facilities.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:32 am
I guess the people with kids who have some special needs have to stay put.

Also, what happens when you need Manhattan-level medical care?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:33 am
No there aren't.

The closest Jewish community is Monticello- 2 hours and 25 minutes.

The closest established medical community is Rochester 1 hour 45 minutes.

Just because something is in the beloved state of Florida it doesn't make it a good place to live in.

Ouch. It sounded so good till now.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:34 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
I guess the people with kids who have some special needs have to stay put.

Also, what happens when you need Manhattan-level medical care?

Will there be no options for that?

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:36 am
No there aren't.

The closest Jewish community is Monticello- 2 hours and 25 minutes.

The closest established medical community is Rochester 1 hour 45 minutes.

Just because something is in the beloved state of Florida it doesn't make it a good place to live in.

Did you ask them about it? I do remember it being discussed.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:38 am
It sounds like Harris hospital or in best case something like Orange Regional in Middletown.

Exactly my point. Somewhere in the boondocks.
Which would be ok if we don't plan on having babies and we don't need NICUs and PICUs.

In other words I am a bit upset about the heck of the location.
I understand it was cheaper for the builders but it is really not beneficial for the residents to live so far out.

Where are you taking this info from?

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:40 am
No there aren't.

The closest Jewish community to Ithaca is Monticello- 2 hours and 25 minutes.

That's comparable to the distance between Okeechobee and Miami.

The closest established medical community to Ithaca is Rochester 1 hour 45 minutes.

That's comparable to the distance between Okeechobee and Orlando where there's a good hospital.

Just because something is in the beloved state of Florida it doesn't make it a good place to live in for heimish families that are used to established facilities.

West Palm Beach doesn't have a good hospital?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:41 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Where are you taking this info from?

How hard is it? When you see a one story hospital you don't think its a resident hospital.

Google it. You'll find everything right there.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:51 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
West Palm Beach doesn't have a good hospital?

Sounds decent. Not sure how good their NICU is and its 1 hour 15 minutes away.

Remember there's no busing or shuttles or chesed services up and running yet and most people that are considering aren't driving or aren't accepted if they plan to start driving.

(There's actually a top hospital in Jacksonville with a level 4 NICU. It's 3.5 hours away though.

Its like telling a New Yorker that there's a great hospital in Pennsylvania.)

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:38 am
How hard is it? When you see a one story hospital you don't think its a resident hospital.

Google it. You'll find everything right there.

I did Google it. And it's 4 stories, not 1.
Where are you taking your info from?
You seem so upset about this new community. Is there something more going on? Do you have a personal vendetta against the people starting it?
Seriously?
Also, many many of the people who have given deposits do drive, and if you plan to drive it will not be an issue. Go back to the beginning of the thread where this was already discussed.

Nobody is forcing you to move, Genuinely wondering what your issue is here?

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:46 am
amother OP wrote:
Ouch. It sounded so good till now.

Well she has most of her 'facts' wrong.
West Palm Beach is an hr away, Boca is an hr and half. Orlando is an hr and 40 minites away All these places have large Jewish communities. Miami is not the closest Jewish community like she makes it sound. The hospital seems normal based on the reviews from actual patients and visitors, yet she decided that it's like Harris.
I'm seriously wondering what her personal issue is with this new community.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:54 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
I did Google it. And it's 4 stories, not 1.
Where are you taking your info from?
You seem so upset about this new community. Is there something more going on? Do you have a personal vendetta against the people starting it?
Seriously?
Also, many many of the people who have given deposits do drive, and if you plan to drive it will not be an issue. Go back to the beginning of the thread where this was already discussed.

Nobody is forcing you to move, Genuinely wondering what your issue is here?

This is the picture I saw. It looks like Orange Regional.

I did read that they aren't accepting people that want to start driving there.

Access to quality Healthcare is important to me and I wondered what other people know about it.

(A level 4 NICU for instance shows a lot about a hospital.)

Not sure why you're becoming personal on me. All I did was post facts about a place. I didn't attack anyone personally.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:58 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Well she has most of her 'facts' wrong.
West Palm Beach is an hr away, Boca is an hr and half. Orlando is an hr and 40 minites away All these places have large Jewish communities. Miami is not the closest Jewish community like she makes it sound. The hospital seems normal based on the reviews from actual patients and visitors, yet she decided that it's like Harris.
I'm seriously wondering what her personal issue is with this new community.

Yes Orlando is closer but it doesn't have the establishments that Miami has.

And Miami doesn't even have the establishments that the Monticello has at least in the summer months.

My point was that for people coming from so much Jewish infrastructure it is quite the stretch to move out to such a far out location.

I guess I am upset about the location and explaining why. Sorry if I am rubbing you the wrong way.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:05 am
This is the picture I saw. It looks like Orange Regional.

I did read that they aren't accepting people that want to start driving there.

Access to quality Healthcare is important to me and I wondered what other people know about it.

(A level 4 NICU for instance shows a lot about a hospital.)

Not sure why you're becoming personal on me. All I did was post facts about a place. I didn't attack anyone personally.

Here's the hospital, link is from google:
HCA Florida Raulerson Hospital
(863) 763-2151
https://maps.app.goo.gl/JBeNYU2ZHXosvbkB8
The pictures show a 4 story building.

Re the bolded: Well if they would be actual facts would be one thing. But they aren't facts.
For instance, you said Miami is the closest Jewish community at 2.25 hrs away. It's not, you left out West Palm Beach, Boca, Orlando etc.
You said the hospital was like Harris - again, this is not a fact. That's your opinion.
You said if someone plans to drive they won't be accepted: that's not a fact . The actual fact is my Dh asked Rabbi Moskowitz this and he said its not and won't be an issue at all. His own wife drives.
Again, I'm wondering:
Why are you so set on giving negative opinions said as 'facts' about this new community?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:09 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Here's the hospital, link is from google:
HCA Florida Raulerson Hospital
(863) 763-2151
https://maps.app.goo.gl/JBeNYU2ZHXosvbkB8
The pictures show a 4 story building.

Re the bolded: Well if they would be actual facts would be one thing. But they aren't facts.
For instance, you said Miami is the closest Jewish community at 2.25 hrs away. It's not, you left out West Palm Beach, Boca, Orlando etc.
You said the hospital was like Harris - again, this is not a fact. That's your opinion.
You said if someone plans to drive they won't be accepted: that's not a fact . The actual fact is my Dh asked Rabbi Moskowitz this and he said its not and won't be an issue at all. His own wife drives.
Again, I'm wondering:
Why are you so set on giving negative opinions said as 'facts' about this new community?

Orlando and West Palm Beach don't have the Jewish infrastructure that Miami has.

There's a reason chassidish people flock to Miami more than to any other location in Florida.

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:12 am
Orlando and West Palm Beach don't have the Jewish infrastructure that Miami has.

There's a reason chassidish people flock to Miami more than to any other location in Florida.

Guess you haven't visited West Palm Beach. It is full full of chassidim.
So is Boca. And Orlando for that matter.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:14 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Guess you haven't visited West Palm Beach. It is full full of chassidim.
So is Boca. And Orlando for that matter.

Ok. 👍

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:20 am
Yes Orlando is closer but it doesn't have the establishments that Miami has.

And Miami doesn't even have the establishments that the Monticello has at least in the summer months.

My point was that for people coming from so much Jewish infrastructure it is quite the stretch to move out to such a far out location.

I guess I am upset about the location and explaining why. Sorry if I am rubbing you the wrong way.

You missed one point. They are BUILDING all that infrastructure. They are not just building houses, a shul and a school and that's it.
They will also build a health center (and I think spoke to local hospital about expanding L&D etc), supermarket, restaurants, retail stores for clothing, hosiery etc etc. I understand they have a list of stores that they will be making sure will be opened. They want to avoid people having to travel far for frequent needs.
Also obviously hatzolah, and other necessary organizations.

This will be the new center.
Page 7 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating