Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3   29  30  31  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:29 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
Yeah.
I wish though they would give more updates.
One major hold back I am still having is that due to certain circumstances non of the current layouts will work for me. He said they are redoing layouts (again!) And will probably be able to accommodate. So still waiting for updated plans. With the current ones I can't see it working for us.

Can you please give details about how layouts are not working for you? I thought they were large homes?
Im asking because I want to know if worth it.
Im not living that uncomfortably now that I want to settle on anything.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 8:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Can you please give details about how layouts are not working for you? I thought they were large homes?

They are large homes. I can send you the renderings of the different models/ layouts if you'd like. If you give me your email address.
These are updated renderings that are not on their website.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 8:40 am
Never heard of this. Who's running this? Any connection to Tampa community? Is it close by?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 8:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes. I can't stand wannabes.
You're saying not sure it will happen. Is it still up to there?
That's the problem; not all who gave deposits are actually committed.
Basically, its pretty risky.

As someone who works with some wannabees, may you never be tested.
Can't stand is a pretty strong term to use on other fellow Yidden.

Back on topic, I was actually seriously looking into this but I have older children and I wasn't sure if they'll be opening a high school or not. I didn't join meetings but did see the layouts and they looked nice and big. We are Vien style, Fine and proud Chassidish, no smartphones, Dress Tznius, I drive.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:38 am
amother Olive wrote:

Back on topic, I was actually seriously looking into this but I have older children and I wasn't sure if they'll be opening a high school or not. I didn't join meetings but did see the layouts and they looked nice and big. We are Vien style, Fine and proud Chassidish, no smartphones, Dress Tznius, I drive.

You're right. I did come on too strong.
I meant the wannabe mehalech, not the actual people.
What you said 'Fine and proud Chassidish'-that's me.
When people are not proud of where they come from and they 'wannabe' something else its sad.
And I meant it in the context of living with such a crowd. There are other developments which cater to these types.
I wanted to make sure this new development is not that type.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:41 am
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Never heard of this. Who's running this? Any connection to Tampa community? Is it close by?

An established Rabbi from Monsey. I think Rabbi Moskowitz is the name.
No connection to Tampa.
You mean close to Tampa?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:41 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
They are large homes. I can send you the renderings of the different models/ layouts if you'd like. If you give me your email address.
These are updated renderings that are not on their website.

Thank you
Will pm you soon.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:45 am
can anyone share contact information of who to reach out to if we want to seriously research the place?

and prev posters that went to the meetings, were there a considerable number of people that are seriously considering?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:49 am
Also, for those who attended meetings/gatherings.
What where they all about?
Was it just a getting to know you event?
Anything more concrete?

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:55 am
amother Olive wrote:

Re the bold: they are opening a high school. I currently have a 9th grader, 7th and 3rd grader. At the event there were some with high school age children although majority were families with elementary age children.
I would advise you to please reconsider it. Also, the more high school srudents we have, the better it will be!

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:

Yes most houses are big. But I need a two unit house, and the only one with that option (so far) is small, teeny master bedroom, the whole layout of that one is epes nisht. Plus it's semi attached.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
Also, for those who attended meetings/gatherings.
What where they all about?
Was it just a getting to know you event?
Anything more concrete?

It was basically to see who else is in it, but they also did give an update. We heard from the developer Mr. Ackerman, we heard some encouraging words from Rabbi Moskowitz-
He explained that everything we have here in NY we will also have there w regards to organizations, schools, mikvah, Hatzolah, and shopping etc. And that the whole idea of why it will succeed is because we will all be going at the same time, not 10 families here and 15 families there. This way, when 150 families move at once then everything works out best iyh.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:01 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Re the bold: they are opening a high school. I currently have a 9th grader, 7th and 3rd grader. At the event there were some with high school age children although majority were families with elementary age children.
I would advise you to please reconsider it. Also, the more high school srudents we have, the better it will be!

I wasn't sure if they'll have a high school so thanks for saying that.

I'm not seriously considering but things might change once I hear that people are actually closing.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:03 am
I feel like many people are desparate to get away from the overcrowded cities. Everyone is just scared to be the 'Nachshon' so they're holding back waiting to see who's truly in.
This can stifle growth of something that can truly be big and amazing.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:05 am
Thank you Dahlia and Magnolia for all the info

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:06 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
can anyone share contact information of who to reach out to if we want to seriously research the place?

and prev posters that went to the meetings, were there a considerable number of people that are seriously considering?

Sure. You can apply directly via the website application:
https://www.lakefrontestatesfl.com/

You can also contact Mr Biener, who handles the applications: 786-309-1975

For those that are considering it, I say Please Go for it!
Think of the amazing quality of life you will iyh have there. Away from all the hustle and bustle. Just enjoying the peaceful day to day with your family.
It's definitely worth it.

ETA: At the BP meet up there were approximately 50 families. Someone mentioned in the Monsey meet up there were around 50-70
The people I met in BP were not the same that attended the Monsey meet up. So I will assume they have approximately 120 families committed so far. Maybe more, maybe some couldn't attend etc.

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:06 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:

info@lakefrontestatesfl.com
call/whatsapp 863.333.9400

Meeting was only for those who gave deposits, which means they are seriously considering (unless plans or circumstances change, cant get mortgage etc.)

amother
Magnolia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:11 am
amother OP wrote:
I feel like many people are desparate to get away from the overcrowded cities. Everyone is just scared to be the 'Nachshon' so they're holding back waiting to see who's truly in.
This can stifle growth of something that can truly be big and amazing.

Yes. I think once Phase one people have moved in and place is up and running, they will instantly max out to phase 4... latest by phase 2.

Highstrung

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:17 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Sure. You can apply directly via the website application:

You can also contact Mr Biener, who handles the applications: 786-309-1975

For those that are considering it, I say Please Go for it!
Think of the amazing quality of life you will iyh have there. Away from all the hustle and bustle. Just enjoying the peaceful day to day with your family.
It's definitely worth it.

ETA: At the BP meet up there were approximately 50 families. Someone mentioned in the Monsey meet up there were around 50-70
The people I met in BP were not the same that attended the Monsey meet up. So I will assume they have approximately 120 families committed so far. Maybe more, maybe some couldn't attend etc.

What are the prices on these homes?

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 10:35 am
Highstrung wrote:
What are the prices on these homes?

The prices aren't set in stone but the range they gave for the standard models was from 400k-600k
Page 2 of 31   Previous  1  2  3   29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating