Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 20  21  22 29  30  31  Next

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 9:58 am
I am going to have a meeting Tuesday. Does anyone has any ideas on what I should ask?

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 10:56 am
amother Firethorn wrote:
Joe DiMaggio Childrens Hospital (and has saved/attempted to save a 21 weeker and 22 weekers) is a Level 4 Hospital in Hollywood, Florida which is a little under 2 hours from Okeechobee (could be 10-15 minutes more or less as I don’t know the development address) on what seems to be the same campus is also:
Memorial Regional Hospital is a Level 1 trauma center (highest is Level 1, vs versa than NICU levels) same a little under 2 hours away. When searching their NICU level it’s coming up as Joe DiMaggio so I’m assuming it’s a partner hospital or something similar. However according to my info they have both saved 22 weekers at different times (Joe DiMaggio in 2016 and Memorial Regional in 2019 & 2021, they both may have saved many more these are just verified)

Joe Dimaggio is the children's hospital and Memorial is the adult hospital. They are both considered good hospitals and are across the street and in partnership with each other. So women give birth in Memorial and if the baby needs NICU care it is taken across to JoeD. These hospitals are used heavily by the frum population in the North Miami area.

This memorial hospital does not have a NICU, so any info you may have seen about them saving a 22 weeker is either referring to JoeD or more likely to a different branch of memorial (there is a Memorial Hospital West, for example, which has a Level III NICU. It is located in Pembroke Pines. The two hospitals are not soo far from each other and coming from Ockeehobee it might be a very similar distance.)

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 10:59 am
double post

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, May 01 2023, 5:40 pm
העסקן ר' חיים מאיר מארקאוויטש - וועד הרבנים ד'לעיק-פראנט פלארידא: הערט פונעם עסקן איבער די דורכברוך מיט די פרישע וועד הרבנים וואס שטייען אין שפיץ פון די נייע חרדישע "לעיקפראנט דעוועלאפמענט" אין פלארידע
https://www.yiddish24.com/interviews/38/82904

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 9:42 am
amother Ballota wrote:
I am going to have a meeting Tuesday. Does anyone has any ideas on what I should ask?

May I ask how your meeting was?
Did you get swayed one way or the other? Did they answer your questions in a satisfactory way?

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 11:24 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
May I ask how your meeting was?
Did you get swayed one way or the other? Did they answer your questions in a satisfactory way?

I actually got pretty excited. But now I am so nervous. I mean leave my family and all. my kids won't grow up with their cousins as I did. And my mother in law found out so she is trying to convince my husband that we are crazy for doing this. Sad
My husband is very strong that he wants to jump into this as our kids are still young so we give the school/ Cheider a chance. I just want to know more about the people who applied.
I need some chizuck to push this thru.

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
I actually got pretty excited. But now I am so nervous. I mean leave my family and all. my kids won't grow up with their cousins as I did. And my mother in law found out so she is trying to convince my husband that we are crazy for doing this. Sad
My husband is very strong that he wants to jump into this as our kids are still young so we give the school/ Cheider a chance. I just want to know more about the people who applied.
I need some chizuck to push this thru.

Thanks for sharing. It really is exciting. Your mil will iyh get over it, it's hard to hear other ppl thinking you've lost your mind for this. On the other hand, you and your husband have decided its something you want to do so just keep your head up and stay excited!

What would you like to know about the people who applied? I've been to the BP event and can help describe it for you if you'd like.
It was a mix of very nice people. All types of chassides and ages. People with diff lengths of sheitels including some covered as well.

I saw no rebels or people trying to 'run away' if that's what you're concerned about.
We had some roundtable discussions and I was very impressed.
Everyone just wants to have a chance to bring up their children in a nice atmosphere with spacious houses in a chasidish community.

I'm really curious about the school and cheder. I'm so happy with my kids schooling now and don't want to rock the boat. But in real life we have to take risks.

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 12:47 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Thanks for sharing. It really is exciting. Your mil will iyh get over it, it's hard to hear other ppl thinking you've lost your mind for this. On the other hand, you and your husband have decided its something you want to do so just keep your head up and stay excited!

What would you like to know about the people who applied? I've been to the BP event and can help describe it for you if you'd like.
It was a mix of very nice people. All types of chassides and ages. People with diff lengths of sheitels including some covered as well.

I saw no rebels or people trying to 'run away' if that's what you're concerned about.
We had some roundtable discussions and I was very impressed.
Everyone just wants to have a chance to bring up their children in a nice atmosphere with spacious houses in a chasidish community.

I'm really curious about the school and cheder. I'm so happy with my kids schooling now and don't want to rock the boat. But in real life we have to take risks.

I wish I can PM you. I heard there is a text group. Do you know something about it?
Do you know if they will have any Takonos? I forgot to ask.
Which Chassidus are you?

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 12:53 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
I wish I can PM you. I heard there is a text group. Do you know something about it?
Do you know if they will have any Takonos? I forgot to ask.
Which Chassidus are you?

Hey I'd love to be on a text group. There was talk here about forming a group but I did not hear that it already exists.

I'm going to post my email address here and you can email me. I will delete it in 5 minutes

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:06 pm
I got it

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 1:07 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
I got it

Great!
Looking forward

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 2:40 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
Hey I'd love to be on a text group. There was talk here about forming a group but I did not hear that it already exists.

I'm going to post my email address here and you can email me. I will delete it in 5 minutes

I'd also love to join a group. Whats the best type? Whatsapp, groupme, text or email?

Is there going to be another meeting?

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 8:40 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I'd also love to join a group. Whats the best type? Whatsapp, groupme, text or email?

Is there going to be another meeting?

I was thinking thru groupme/ text.
I was told that they are thinking of making meeting on premises for elven hapinah of the shul.

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 9:52 pm
With Yaels permisson I would like to post an anonymous email were you can email your phone # if you already gave a deposit for the new developement. From there I will add you to a groupme chat.
Email:lakefrontfl@gmail.com

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:25 pm
How many are on the chat?

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 11:43 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Joe Dimaggio is the children's hospital and Memorial is the adult hospital. They are both considered good hospitals and are across the street and in partnership with each other. So women give birth in Memorial and if the baby needs NICU care it is taken across to JoeD. These hospitals are used heavily by the frum population in the North Miami area.

This memorial hospital does not have a NICU, so any info you may have seen about them saving a 22 weeker is either referring to JoeD or more likely to a different branch of memorial (there is a Memorial Hospital West, for example, which has a Level III NICU. It is located in Pembroke Pines. The two hospitals are not soo far from each other and coming from Ockeehobee it might be a very similar distance.)

It’s possible the baby was originally born in Memorial and then transferred across to Joe DiMaggio.

I’m getting my info from this link, https://goo.gl/maps/S7dckQjvP2eMMxZj7
I know the foundation (TwentyTwoMatters) who created this map and keeps it updated. They verify all information before putting it out there.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:00 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
With Yaels permisson I would like to post an anonymous email were you can email your phone # if you already gave a deposit for the new developement. From there I will add you to a groupme chat.
Email:lakefrontfl@gmail.com

FYI this is a reality. If you gave a deposit you're welcome to join.
Thank you ballota!

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:01 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
How many are on the chat?

More than 10.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 9:07 pm
New email was sent out today

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, May 09 2023, 9:16 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
New email was sent out today

Yes. They already started doing the streets.
So exciting!
Page 21 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 20  21  22 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating