Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 22  23  24 29  30  31  Next

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jun 15 2023, 8:30 am
Why is everything so quiet? Anyone has any updates?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 2:02 am
Any update?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 6:35 am
I havent gotten any updates from them. im also anxious to hear updates

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 9:15 am
Yeah, it's been way too quiet.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 11:49 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I havent gotten any updates from them. im also anxious to hear updates

We did get a call recently. Theyre saying they are gonna have individual meetings w families to make sure everyone feels comfortable with the type of community and moised they're setting up.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jul 05 2023, 11:12 pm
Some good new status's posted

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 12:09 pm
What's up with this community?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:17 pm
Nothing? Just wondering how it can be ready in a year from now

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:10 am
Any update?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:21 am
Would love to hear some updates too. Sounds like everything sleeping

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:29 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Would love to hear some updates too. Sounds like everything sleeping

Dh heard from someone that they are in the midst of building. He saw it for himself.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Aug 20 2023, 10:30 am
Wow why no pictures/updates though? Sounds really exciting!

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:04 pm
I was just there at Lakefront estates in Okeechobee. There's nothing there yet, not even a road. There's no way it's going to be ready in a year.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:10 pm
Omg wonder why everything sleeping we used to get updated little more often. Dont you think?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 12:22 pm
Omg wonder why everything sleeping we used to get updated little more often. Dont you think?[/quote]

There's nothing happening, theres nothing to talk about which is why you're not getting updates..I live in Florida, got curious, and went to see it for myself. They're just starting on the roads. It's just a dirt patch right now

GLUE

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 8:25 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
I was just there at Lakefront estates in Okeechobee. There's nothing there yet, not even a road. There's no way it's going to be ready in a year.

I am currently living in Lakewood and once they have the permits the houses and roads go up very quickly.
I have seen whole developments go up in as little as a 1\2 a year.
Don't disrepair.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 12:58 am
I know this sounds weird, but can anyone that's planning on moving there post here what type they are?
We currently live in a community where we don't fit in, everyone around us is much more frum and chasidish in looks and mindset. We thought we might find some people like us, but there's few and far in between. I wear a long wig, lace, and sometimes a fall. I drive. We both have smartphones, filtered. We're open minded chasidish I would say. We don't believe in over sheltering our kids. We follow halacha and only do the minhagim that work for us.
So we don't want to make the move and feel out of place all over again. We're looking for a community that will accept us, not look down and disrespect us, is Ehrlich with a rav and the like, and still chasidish, or at least be accepting of chasidim. We're serious about yiddisheit and our relationship with Hashem, but we don't go for all the **** and the stringencies that make people feel holy when imposing it on others.
Can anyone that's moving to Okeechobee post what type they are just so we can get a picture of who's moving? Also if anyone has any ideas of a good community fit, please post.

cnc

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 1:02 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
I know this sounds weird, but can anyone that's planning on moving there post here what type they are?
We currently live in a community where we don't fit in, everyone around us is much more frum and chasidish in looks and mindset. We thought we might find some people like us, but there's few and far in between. I wear a long wig, lace, and sometimes a fall. I drive. We both have smartphones, filtered. We're open minded chasidish I would say. We don't believe in over sheltering our kids. We follow halacha and only do the minhagim that work for us.
So we don't want to make the move and feel out of place all over again. We're looking for a community that will accept us, not look down and disrespect us, is Ehrlich with a rav and the like, and still chasidish, or at least be accepting of chasidim. We're serious about yiddisheit and our relationship with Hashem, but we don't go for all the **** and the stringencies that make people feel holy when imposing it on others.
Can anyone that's moving to Okeechobee post what type they are just so we can get a picture of who's moving? Also if anyone has any ideas of a good community fit, please post.

FWIK, you would feel out of place in Phase 1. I believe that the people moving are mainstream Chassidish, but I could be wrong...

You might want to consider North Miami, (much more expensive though).

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 1:07 am
But would we as chasidim with the full chasidish look feel comfortable in north Miami? And would you know the average rent and tuition prices? Because we're not rolling in dough Smile

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 1:27 am
amother PlumPink wrote:

North Miami Beach
Page 23 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 22  23  24 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating