Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Okeechobee Florida
  Previous  1  2  3 27  28 29  30  31  Next

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 12:11 am
Id think things are done we just dont hear updates

Yiddishetuter

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 7:14 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
There's literally no need for you to give attitude here. Where does Tampa come in here? The people living in Tampa do not have a school and cheder to accommodate all ages.
There's something very off putting about the way you're trying to scare everyone off.

We don't have a Yiddish speaking school for all ages yet because most of the children here are very young.We also don't have massive amounts of families yet, as I said before, 40 full time (year round) families
There are two Jewish schools in the area, Tampa Torah Academy, which is a Chofetz Chaim school, and Hebrew Academy, which is Chabad. Chofetz Chaim is opening a high school this coming school year.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 8:35 am
amother Papaya wrote:
How can you move into a community for the school year when nothing has been done at all?

Why are you saying nothing has been done? Plenty has been done. You can see everything for yourself. There are aerial photos of the current status. If you don't want to go, by all means don't go, but why try to get people who are clearly in this for the long run to change their mind?

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 8:40 am
Yiddishetuter wrote:
We don't have a Yiddish speaking school for all ages yet because most of the children here are very young.We also don't have massive amounts of families yet, as I said before, 40 full time (year round) families
There are two Jewish schools in the area, Tampa Torah Academy, which is a Chofetz Chaim school, and Hebrew Academy, which is Chabad. Chofetz Chaim is opening a high school this coming school year.

I'm really happy to hear that things are becoming stable there. The people who want something like Tampa for sure should look into that option. The people who want a regular school and a full fledged community for all ages, Tampa won't work for them. At least the way things stand now.

Yiddishetuter

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 9:31 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
I'm really happy to hear that things are becoming stable there. The people who want something like Tampa for sure should look into that option. The people who want a regular school and a full fledged community for all ages, Tampa won't work for them. At least the way things stand now.

You are naive to think that a community sprouts overnight. Even if Okechobee starts out, there will be growing pains in the beginning. Nothing comes out full grown, things take time.
We have a full fledged community at present. It's not big, because we are still growing. We didn't have 100s of families moving at the same time, like Okechobee is planning on doing.
Again, why don't you come check us out?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jan 11 2024, 10:51 pm
In tampa do the families live close to each other?

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 4:49 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
In tampa do the families live close to each other?

In Wimauma, there are two developments that the Yidden live in. The families are in these two developments. It's walkable between the two. There's an Eruv that surrounds both developments.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 9:56 am
How far from one another to walk?

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jan 12 2024, 10:02 am
Very close. Of course, it depends on where you live in the community. We don't all live together, we are spread out a bit.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:32 am
Anyone has any new info?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jan 14 2024, 10:37 am
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Anyone has any new info?

Seems like 3/4 of this thread is just people asking the above question. Sounds ridiculous imo.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 6:22 pm
😆

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jan 15 2024, 7:52 pm
I really need to move ASAP just thinking if I nb nnn should look into other places. It's sad cause I was really waiting for this development to be ready. Cant move every day n I just have to grt out of my apartment already

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:02 pm
It's the 3rd week of the new hotline for updates but nothing new so far

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:08 pm
Imas that gave so much info till now, no updates? Dahlia, Magnolia?

08701mom

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:09 pm
Just saying you may want to refer back to some of my old messages….

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:10 pm
08701mom if it would be over he wouldnt give any updates at all. My opinion

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 10:11 pm
I'm not as excited anymore might just look into other communities

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 10:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Imas that gave so much info till now, no updates? Dahlia, Magnolia?

Waiting like everyone else

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:09 am
I backed out. If still applicable I will reapply when I see more concrete proof of a development.
Page 28 of 31   Previous  1  2  3 27  28 29  30  31  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating