Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Moose Knuckles clothing- Obscene?
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

amother
Viola

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 10:48 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Wow. Flashback to my seminary days. We thought the name of this street was hilarious

There are so many last names that can make people giggle. And even first names.
Maybe that should be the next shidduch poll!

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:07 am
amother NeonOrange wrote:
YES!!
And they quoted it on the table of contents page - just pulled out that part about a hatzalah member seeing if the carpets matched the drapes. I was so shocked 😂
There is literally no basis for using it about actual carpets and drapes... I feel like someone heard that phrase and thought they could use it this way, but it's totally not the way people use it

Oh my gosh LOL

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:08 am
So did mishpacha print something this week about the moose knuckles mention or not? If so, can someone share what it was?

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:11 am
amother Feverfew wrote:
About the carpet matching the drapes? TMI Can't Believe It

I dont get the Mishpacha.
What does it mean?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:13 am
amother Plum wrote:
What does it mean?

It's a vulgar reference to whether the hair on a woman's head matches the hair... Shall we say elsewhere on her body

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:15 am
amother Plum wrote:
What does it mean?

It's a pretty vulgar expression a guy will use when he sees a redhead or blonde to say "I wonder if the hair down there matches the hair on her head;" is it her real hair color or not. Obviously NOT how the mishpacha article writer meant it, but I've never heard it used literally to talk about curtains before (and I Googled it when I saw it in the magazine last week, because I thought maybe I just don't know that it can be used this way, and all that came up were references to the inappropriate usage of the phrase)

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:29 am
It's a pretty vulgar expression a guy will use when he sees a redhead or blonde to say "I wonder if the hair down there matches the hair on her head;" is it her real hair color or not. Obviously NOT how the mishpacha article writer meant it, but I've never heard it used literally to talk about curtains before (and I Googled it when I saw it in the magazine last week, because I thought maybe I just don't know that it can be used this way, and all that came up were references to the inappropriate usage of the phrase)

Did they really have a hatzalah guy using the expression? Thats even worse!! For all the times we try to convince everyone that hatzalah guys rushing in to help a laboring women arent paying attention to anything lollll they really put their foot in it this time...
Was it a fiction piece? What was the context?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:37 am
Ew. Some things I read here I want to unread.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:39 am
little neshamala wrote:
Did they really have a hatzalah guy using the expression? Thats even worse!! For all the times we try to convince everyone that hatzalah guys rushing in to help a laboring women arent paying attention to anything lollll they really put their foot in it this time...
Was it a fiction piece? What was the context?

No no no - don't take this the wrong way on my behalf!!
It was a tiny short humor piece about how the house is always messy right when you need to call hatzalah. So it was talking about the hatzalah member literally noticing what matches in the house and things like that. But the line was taken out of context and put on the table of contents and it really shocked me haha.
Hatzalah members are doing an amazing job, voluntarily, and like doctors I don't think they notice vulgar details in that way!

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 11:56 am
No no no - don't take this the wrong way on my behalf!!
It was a tiny short humor piece about how the house is always messy right when you need to call hatzalah. So it was talking about the hatzalah member literally noticing what matches in the house and things like that. But the line was taken out of context and put on the table of contents and it really shocked me haha.
Hatzalah members are doing an amazing job, voluntarily, and like doctors I don't think they notice vulgar details in that way!

No, I got that. I find it hillarious that of all ways to misuse that expression, they said it having to do with a hatzalah guy noticing. Obviously what they meant was, the hatzalah guy noticing the state of the home and its decor, but the real meaning is the hatzalah guy taking note of....and thats literally what we're always protesting with the subject of hatzalah guys helping a laboring woman, that hatzalah guys dont notice these things lol.
So im finding this quite funny.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 12:03 pm
little neshamala wrote:
No, I got that. I find it hillarious that of all ways to misuse that expression, they said it having to do with a hatzalah guy noticing. Obviously what they meant was, the hatzalah guy noticing the state of the home and its decor, but the real meaning is the hatzalah guy taking note of....and thats literally what we're always protesting with the subject of hatzalah guys helping a laboring woman, that hatzalah guys dont notice these things lol.
So im finding this quite funny.

It was definitely ironic. I almost fell over when I saw it 🤭
A pretty bad mistake to make on their part... I guess they need imamother people with schmutzy brains to help edit 🫣

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 12:10 pm
It was definitely ironic. I almost fell over when I saw it 🤭
A pretty bad mistake to make on their part... I guess they need imamother people with schmutzy brains to help edit 🫣

I was gonna say they need to hire a proofreader for things like this lol

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 12:52 pm
Yeah, it was pretty bad, and so much worse in the context with the Hatzala member LOL and that it was a huge prominent pull quote was just Can't Believe It

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:28 pm
Don't have it, but would love to see. Can anyone post an image of the article and/or the prominent quote in the table of contents.

essie14

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:10 am
amother Feverfew wrote:
About the carpet matching the drapes? TMI Can't Believe It

OK, this is exactly why "being temimus " is a hindrance. I'm assuming someone at Mishpacha heard this phrase and thought it would be cute to use it. It's not cute!!!! No one in the history of the world has used it to mean the literal carpet and drapes. NO one!
It only has a crass connotation.
If you never heard of it, you can pat yourself on the back. But it's completely NOT OK to print that in Mishpacha magazine!!!!!!
It's like saying "the hatzala guys came into the house and they noticed the bras and panties strewn all over the bedroom"
It's even worse than printing that, in fact.
It's really crass and vulgar and NEVER used in an innocuous context.

sequoia

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:23 am
[Mod has deleted a vulgar expression — maybe we don't want to know!]

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 2:26 pm
I really think that 95% of Mishpacha aren't exposed to vulgar slang language. I never heard one of these vulgar words before reading them here. And I wouldn't call myself sheltered. Just wondering how the women on this site are so "educated".

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 2:48 pm
My questio is, why on earth, woud they write anything got to do with a Hatzalah member notin anything in your house??

What a wierd, odd, silly thing to write about!

The house is messy when hatzolah comes??
Why should anyone be thinking that??
And if they are dont write about it!!

What on earth!!

I havent seen it but now I would like to.

Can anyone quote issue and page no,

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 4:59 pm
[quote="amother Plum"]My questio is, why on earth, woud they write anything got to do with a Hatzalah member notin anything in your house??

What a wierd, odd, silly thing to write about!

The house is messy when hatzolah comes??
Why should anyone be thinking that??
And if they are dont write about it

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:24 pm
Wolfsbane wrote:
Seems like a fairly widespread use. Apparently "purulent" is a good alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jIeQ-cdDBWw
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jIeQ-cdDBWw[/youtube]
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics