Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Moose Knuckles clothing- Obscene?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 11:58 am
amother Natural wrote:
It may have been done intentionally so that readers will send in a letter to the editor regarding its innuendo so everyone can be made aware.

I was thinking the same

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:00 pm
Love this site wrote:
Forget the moose knuckles meaning. This kichels has me tearing it out (first time ever) before my teenagers found it for different reasons.
They are giving “statistics” that all teenagers spend that much on coats, go on lavish vacations, don’t babysit their siblings etc. My teenagers don’t get the humor, they now have leverage against my arguments that even the kichels say so.
I’m considering writing a letter to the editor.
Doubt I’ll actually do it though.

The Kichels are the best social commentary we have. If you were to let your kids see it and they "hold it against you" or whatever, it's on YOU to teach them why it was there in the first place. You are in control of your house, not the Kichels. They have zero leverage. They bring Ruchi Kichel as proof? You use it as an example of your children's immaturity that they think a cartoon, a social commentary and satire, does not dictate what we should be doing. It's showing us the ridiculousness of what people are doing.

Eta - I broke my own iron-clad rule (no kichels until Shabbos) to see what the issue is. If teens use this as leverage, they have other problems. This is CLEARLY satire to illustrate how kids claim "everyone else in my class is doing it". I remember when we had middle school orientation at my daughter's BY school and the principal emphasized that "Everyone" = approximately 6 kids. From that point on, every time my kids say "everyone", I bring this up and they backtrack right away. They almost never say "everyone" at this point.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:19 pm
"The name comes from a combination of two of Canada's greatest things: a moose and a hockey fight. The logo is a moose footprint in the snow with the hooves representing brass knuckles," says Ally Kemper, the company's marketing director.

Just had to post this, so I can continue to wear my moose knuckles without regret:)

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:24 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
"The name comes from a combination of two of Canada's greatest things: a moose and a hockey fight. The logo is a moose footprint in the snow with the hooves representing brass knuckles," says Ally Kemper, the company's marketing director.

Just had to post this, so I can continue to wear my moose knuckles without regret:)

Ye I don’t get the imamother obsession with it.
Also why would non Jews care if Jewish people are wearing it?
And if they google the name of the company this explanation will come up!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:26 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
And if they google the name of the company this explanation will come up!

Thank you!!! Lol at least someone feels the same way as me!!!

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:31 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:

Dont kid yourself.
They write that to "absolve themselves" after all the articles (from secular media) talking about this gutsy brand named after testicles.
And their instagram page acknowledges it, with a picture of the logo and a "cmon, make a ball joke".
If you dont know, balls refers to testicles Rolling Eyes

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:33 pm

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
!

Because its a well known enough word that most non Jews know what it means! Its not an unheard of expression, ive heard of it before, along woth camel toe and everything else.Theyre not googling it lol they know the expression to mean something obscene and they see you wearing the coat! Its so gross.
Our community being insular and sheltered is not an excuse to continue wearing what others can understand to be disgusting!

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is it ok for frum men and women to wear clothing with the Moose Knuckles logo? The term is slang and has only one meaning: It refers specifically to a man who’s pants are really tight in the crotch so that his genitalia bulge out dramatically.

The company chose the name intentionally.
The logo of course represents bulging genitalia. There’s something a bit off about a frum person sporting that on one’s outerwear.
Suppose a brand of clothing had a logo that said F—- I doubt many frum people would sport it. Is moose knuckles the same thing? The meaning of the term is fairly well known outside the frum world.

It’s just another clear sign of how low and materialistic this generation is, that frum people who even know what it stands for will still want their kids in it because it screams status symbol to them. Too disgusting for words.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:48 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:

It's tongue in cheek. "Get your mind out of the gutter, wink wink, this is simply an innocent ode to gold ol' Canada." She says in another interview that it's a double entendre. I really don't care either way what people do, but at least be aware that it definitely is a nod to the risque.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:50 pm
Love this site wrote:
Forget the moose knuckles meaning. This kichels has me tearing it out (first time ever) before my teenagers found it for different reasons.
They are giving “statistics” that all teenagers spend that much on coats, go on lavish vacations, don’t babysit their siblings etc. My teenagers don’t get the humor, they now have leverage against my arguments that even the kichels say so.
I’m considering writing a letter to the editor.
Doubt I’ll actually do it though.

The kichels is meant to be satire. Always. TMI

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:53 pm
If a teenager reads a bar graph that has multiple options all at 100% and doesn't understand that it's mathematically impossible, a different conversation needs to happen.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 12:54 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Growing up I had no idea what nude meant. We all called nude stockings “nude”. Our very frum yeshivhsh teacher explained it to us. That was an eye opener.

I don’t think teachers should explain it’s an aroused males genitals to sheltered high schoolers but they can explain it’s something very vulgar and not something a frum person should wish to wear.

Growing up in my yeshivish circles, we all knew what nude meant and we used term for stockings just the same. It's not an obscene word, what's the issue with using it?
(Except, nobody actually wore nude stockings then except old ladies. You wore "ivory" or sheer black stockings. Nude was considered old fashioned and nebby)

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:

There is a literal meaning and a slang meeting. Even if the literal meaning is above board, would you still want to be walking around with something that its slang meaning is obscene?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Natural wrote:
It may have been done intentionally so that readers will send in a letter to the editor regarding its innuendo so everyone can be made aware.

Now that's dklz at its finest. And if it's true, my hat's figuratively off to the Kichel ladies.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:47 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Growing up in my yeshivish circles, we all knew what nude meant and we used term for stockings just the same. It's not an obscene word, what's the issue with using it?
(Except, nobody actually wore nude stockings then except old ladies. You wore "ivory" or sheer black stockings. Nude was considered old fashioned and nebby)

I'll say it again. Artists don't hire models to paint beiges.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 1:48 pm
It's very cute that this follows Binah's short story by Sarah Wiederblank.
And very clear that it wasn't inspired by the story; that's not how the magazine schedules work.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:00 pm
Move on if it bothers u
all the yungerleit in my husbands kollel are wearing them

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:04 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I'll say it again. Artists don't hire models to paint beiges.

And....?
It's not any different than using the word "naked." It's not obscene. It's not a curse word. It's really over the top and creating a hypervigilance where it isn't necessary to tell girls they are being vulgar if they refer to a color of stockings as being nude.

Persevere

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 2:07 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Move on if it bothers u
all the yungerleit in my husbands kollel are wearing them

With tight pants too?
Page 4 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics