Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Boys' Shirts in Jerusalem

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 4:22 pm
I am going to be in Israel this week iy"h and I need to buy ds a short-sleeve Shabbos shirt for this Shabbos! Anyone know a place in Jerusalem (preferably somewhere around Kiryat Belz, where I'll be staying) that is certain to have a shirt for my son who is a 3T (American) or a normal 3-year old size? I don't have a lot of time to shlep around and check out places.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Jun 16 2008, 6:35 pm
Ask how to get to Imperiat hachessed for cheap, Rav Shefa Mall or the srores across the street from it if you like to pay. All in or on the edge of Belz.

The Azzouri chassidishe shirts are good quality at imperiat hachessed and only a few shekels more.

HooRYou

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 2:12 am
Its not near Belz, but Bazaar Strauss has them and probably for chealer than anywhere else. THe ones I bought before Pesach were 20 nis and are decent quality . The ones in Kiddie Chic were close to double that and the same brand.

Imaonwheels any chance of telling us how to get to Imperiat hachessed.

smiley:)

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 2:37 am
Imporiat Hachessed is near Shefa Shuk. It is the street parallel to yirmiyahu. Make a left off of yirmiyahu to go down towards shefa shuk, and then another left and you will be on the street by imporiat hachesed.

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 3:25 am
The Azzouri chassidish shirts have the buttons on the proper side for chassidim (heard Belz) and are cotton. DH loves them. Cost - last time I bought 25 - 30 shekels depending on size. My boys have turned up their noses as now that they are in yeshiva they have learned strange words I never taught them like FOX, Zara and Golf.

And the 2nd button is closer to the choker button allowing for a less cool appearance (less open while not strangling you).

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 6:21 am
Those Azzouri shirts sound good. Ds's undershirt and tzitzis always show through his open neckline and he won't let me button the top button ("Help, I can't breathe!"). I'm not makpid on a 3 year old having buttons on the left, but if the shirts come in his size, why not?

I don't want to go to Rav Shefa. I tried there last year and the only things I could find were over 100 NIS. I'll try Impiriat haChesed. Thanks for the directions, smiley. I am directionally handicapped so they won't help me anyhow, but dh should be able to guide me there.

How's the weather in Israel? Not too hot, I hope. It's 14°C here and raining so hot weather will be an adjustment.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 6:24 am
HOT

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 12:01 pm
oh dear.

gryp

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 12:17 pm
Have a nice/safe trip, sarahd. Smile

Tamiri

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 1:01 pm
sarahd wrote:
oh dear.

You were, perhaps, expecting something else in Israel towards the end of June Smile ? Say, snow showers?

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 1:07 pm
halavai

hila

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 1:09 pm
yes. very hot and apparently getting hotter Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions