Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Alopecia - help me make DD smile!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:32 am
My very style conscious and girly three year old recently developed alopecia and we have lost enough hair at this point that she wants a wig.

I'm happy to get her one, but I am not finding great options online! Anyone btdt that can help me find something?

Looking for:
-child size
-something reasonable to care for
-would love a hat/bandana with hair as an alternative for comfort
-easy to purchase online
-$200 and under range (my insurance unfortunately doesnt cover cranial prosthesis although many do)

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:49 am
This is totally not what youre asking but im just going to say this in case it helps. If your daughter specifically has alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease)...my daughter also does, along with a different autoimmune disease.
She went on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (scd) which is very restrictive and difficult etc but the point is the alopecia went away bli ayin hara and hasnt been back since she started the diet-2 years ago. Yhere are other similar diets people have used for alopecia-they all work by healing the gut microbiome that causes autoimmune diseases.

Just in case this ever is something youre interested in in the future

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:02 am
OP - I have heard that there is an organization that helps with this.

Has anyone else reading this thread had any success healing alopeica areata? Unfortunately, my six year old daughter has lost a significant portion of her hair plus most of both of her eye brows due to this condition. I have tried a number of things without success. If anyone else has tried anything that succeeded in reversing the hair loss, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

( I don't know realistically how I would be able to get a 6 year old to stick to strict diet with birthday parties, shabbos parties etc. etc.)

Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:11 am
amother Magenta wrote:
OP - I have heard that there is an organization that helps with this.

Has anyone else reading this thread had any success healing alopeica areata? Unfortunately, my six year old daughter has lost a significant portion of her hair plus most of both of her eye brows due to this condition. I have tried a number of things without success. If anyone else has tried anything that succeeded in reversing the hair loss, I would really appreciate hearing about it.

( I don't know realistically how I would be able to get a 6 year old to stick to strict diet with birthday parties, shabbos parties etc. etc.)

Thank you.

Agreed. I actually have alopecia areata as well and have lost all hair on my body. I just didnt really care to wear a wig until my teens and I married young so no one remembers lol Smile

Problem is the wigs I wore were adult size because I was a big kid. I am only finding adult size things online. Not for a toddler.

Alopecia areata runs in my family for generations so the diets dont do anything Sad Ive tried everything. Cant even imagine trying to do that with a three year old. Every time I met someone new as a kid they always told me to do this diet and its really frustrating to hear over and over.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:22 am
There's a woman in E"Y that makes beautiful wigs for children. My friend's daughter had a beautiful wig made there. Maybe someone on this forum knows who it is?

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:07 am
There's an organization in Lakewood that helps with this. Does anyone know what's it's called? I don't remember.

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:13 am
There is an organization called Hairoes. I don’t know anything about it; just that it’s for kids with alopecia.

amother
Melon

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:25 am
Dr Lindsey bordone in Columbia has done cutting edge work and is stating that she can resolve most cases. She is a phenomenal doctor and person. Worth a call. +1 (212) 305-5293

mom291

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:42 am
Dm me

Frumme

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:45 am
Yonit Wigs makes Wunderwig Edges in child sizes. Maybe you can work out a payment plan?

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:54 am
Charlene Aminoff does wigs for kids.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:12 pm
Kesser Kavod in Lakewood helps find the right pieces for children, men, that look natural. 908-907-2828

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:14 pm
Thanks for the suggestions. I should have specified I am OOT in the US, not near tristate area. So I can't just walk into a store, I have to likely find it online. There are no organizations that help with this near me so I'm on my own.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:18 pm
Has anyone reading this thread had success with Dr. Lindsey Bordone?

Or any other interventions that worked?

Any input greatly appreciated.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:25 pm
What color hair?
My friend had an expensive little girls size wig to give away. Can check if it’s still available and then if shayich find a way to ship to you.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:53 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
What color hair?
My friend had an expensive little girls size wig to give away. Can check if it’s still available and then if shayich find a way to ship to you.

If the wig is not the right color for OP, maybe it would be suitable for my daughter. After OP responds, if it is not good for her, I can PM you my daughter's hair color.

ty

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:10 pm
https://www.wigsforkids.org/

They provide free wigs for kids. It looks like they partner with salons around the country.
I don't know anything else about them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:54 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
What color hair?

Wow. Thank you! Shes light brown

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I should have specified I am OOT in the US, not near tristate area. So I can't just walk into a store, I have to likely find it online. There are no organizations that help with this near me so I'm on my own.

Reach out to Kesser Kavod regardless for resources/brands..

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 3:53 pm
Gali wigs does wigs for kids even toddlers
she works with insurances to get it paid
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics