Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Frum Lighting store is lying
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:18 pm
I looked at a chandelier in a very well known frum lighting store. I told salesman that I didnt like the shade of gold it comes in. Manager of store overheard and replied that theyre now making this chandelier in another shade of gold, and selling it at the same price.

I called the company directly to confirm, before placing an order. I spoke to a customer service rep who then confirmed with a higher up that this chandelier only comes in one shade of gold, the same color it always came in. They have zero plan of offering it in another shade of gold. Whoever told me otherwise is lying and will most likely paint the chandelier themselves and void the warranty on the chandelier.

Im not reporting anyone (company asked which store told me that, and I said Id rather not say).

Would you take a chance on a painted chandelier for over $1,000, with a voided warranty?

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:24 pm
That’s quite a sensational thread title for what could very well be a misunderstanding.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:26 pm
I would not.

Go back to the store and ask them if they plan on painting it themselves.

NechaMom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:26 pm
Did the manager say that the company is making it in a different color or that they are?
Perhaps they can have their own manufacturer do that part in a different color since a few customers commented about it.
How are you so sure he’s lying?

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
I looked at a chandelier in a very well known frum lighting store. I told salesman that I didnt like the shade of gold it comes in. Manager of store overheard and replied that theyre now making this chandelier in another shade of gold, and selling it at the same price.

I called the company directly to confirm, before placing an order. I spoke to a customer service rep who then confirmed with a higher up that this chandelier only comes in one shade of gold, the same color it always came in. They have zero plan of offering it in another shade of gold. Whoever told me otherwise is lying and will most likely paint the chandelier themselves and void the warranty on the chandelier.

Im not reporting anyone (company asked which store told me that, and I said Id rather not say).

Would you take a chance on a painted chandelier for over $1,000, with a voided warranty?

You’re making big assumptions and judging and deciding someone is lying.
Why don’t you be Dan lekaf zchus and be straight with the store owner (you know you’re being deceitful too by going behind their back instead of being straight and telling them about your doubt and giving them a chance to explain)?

If your so sure they’re liars why do you even want to do business with them?

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:37 pm
Why would you jump to that conclusion?

I would think another company is making the same design in a different shade of gold.

Whatever the story is, why don’t you just ask the store?

tweety1

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:09 pm
I'll bite. I do believe the story. I've had frum people try to sell me a bridge just to make a sale. I actually just finished with one. I ended up by a non Jewish vendor because I had enough.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:12 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I'll bite. I do believe the story. I've had frum people try to sell me a bridge just to make a sale. I actually just finished with one. I ended up by a non Jewish vendor because I had enough.

I've worked with way more dishonest non jewish vendors, then jewish one's. So don't think that it's a jewish problem and that you won't have issues with non jews.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

The store can have a special order made for them

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:30 pm
NechaMom wrote:
Did the manager say that the company is making it in a different color or that they are?
Perhaps they can have their own manufacturer do that part in a different color since a few customers commented about it.
How are you so sure he’s lying?

Store manager said clearly that the manufacturer is offering it in another color.

The manufacturer is not offering any new color. Someone else is painting it. This now voids any warranty. I heard this directly from the manufacturer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Whitewash wrote:
The store can have a special order made for them

Thats exactly what I was thinking until cust serv rep put me on hold to ask a higher up in the company who said no such thing is happening. She is 100% sure this is a fabrication. The company offers that chandelier to all dealers in one color only, the original color. That hasnt changed.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Store manager said clearly that the manufacturer is offering it in another color.

The manufacturer is not offering any new color. Someone else is painting it. This now voids any warranty. I heard this directly from the manufacturer.

Maybe the manufacturer is offering it only to this specific store and it's not available to anyone else.

If you think they're lying, don't do business with them. But why the need to start yet another thread bashing frum business? What will this accomplish?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:34 pm
amother Jade wrote:
Maybe the manufacturer is offering only to this specific store and it's not available to anyone else.

Thats exactly what I was thinking until cust serv rep put me on hold to ask a higher up in the company who said no such thing is happening. She is 100% sure this is a fabrication. The company offers that chandelier to all dealers in one color only, the original color. That hasnt changed.

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:34 pm
amother OP wrote:

Why can’t you just ask the store what the story is?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

Maybe they didn't want to tell you that they're manufacturing it for this store only, because they want to avoid people starting to call and ask for special orders.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:36 pm
I doubt they are painting it it’s mostly likely a mistake. Call the store and say the company says it’s not true. Lighting stores don’t paint lights!!

NechaMom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:40 pm
amother OP wrote:

Tell the store that you called the manufacturer and they said they’re not doing another color. Ask them what they meant. Give them a chance to explain.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:44 pm
Did anyone even need to use a warranty on lighting?

jd1212

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Jade wrote:
I've worked with way more dishonest non jewish vendors, then jewish one's. So don't think that it's a jewish problem and that you won't have issues with non jews.

The problem here isn’t that non-Jewish business owners “do it too”, but that we have standards of yiras shamayim and the standard must be 0 dishonesty, not “average levels” or “lower” than the general population.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:51 pm
Honestly it sounds like the frum store mixed it up with another model/ company.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics