Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
How to clean highchair tray on Shabbos
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Phoebe31

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 2:04 pm
Water down your soap, please wash your hands after the bathroom and use a shabbos scrubber.

imaima

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 2:18 pm
I never heard of not using liquid soap on shabbes. Please ask a proper shaila.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 2:36 pm
Diluted liquid soap is permitted even by the most machmir. You can make it yourself with a ratio of 3/4 water to 1/4 soap. Or you can buy this https://www.koshervitamins.com.....33-oz

I’m not sure who told about bubbles being an issue. The issue of not using soap on shabbos has to do with the thickness of the soap.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 2:41 pm
On shabbos I sometimes put the whole highchair in the shower and wash it down

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 3:25 pm
You can prepare aluminum foil sheets before Shabbas to cover the tray. After each (greasy) meal just dispose the sheet and refresh with a new one. Use as many as you need in the same manner.

I never heard of soap bubbles being an issue especially when one is not mixing the soap and water with the intention to make bubbles.

According to halacha you may mix liquid soap with water on Shabbas. It's called Shabbas soap!

It seems you are dwelling into this soap issue too deeply and therefore making an issue of a none issue.

BTW, The mikvah I use on Friday nights has Shabbas soap (liquid) available in every room as well.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 3:30 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
You can prepare aluminum foil sheets before Shabbas to cover the tray. After each (greasy) meal just dispose the sheet and refresh with a new one. Use as many as you need in the same manner.

I never heard of soap bubbles being an issue especially when one is not mixing the soap and water with the intention to make bubbles.

According to halacha you may mix liquid soap with water on Shabbas. It's called Shabbas soap!

It seems you are dwelling into this soap issue too deeply and therefore making an issue of a none issue.

BTW, The mikvah I use on Friday nights has Shabbas soap (liquid) available in every room as well.

You’re not supposed to mix the shabbos soap on shabbos. It’s supposed to be prepared before shabbos.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 4:54 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
You’re not supposed to mix the shabbos soap on shabbos. It’s supposed to be prepared before shabbos.

If the soap is liquid before Shabbos you can mix it with water on Shabbos.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:14 pm
How can you clean anything if you haven't even washed your hands after using the bathroom? If you're touching it at all it will need to get cleaned after Shabbos anyway. You might as well leave it.

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:14 pm
We use cleaning spray and then wipe off with a napkin/ large towel.

emmes

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:22 pm
I pour some hot water from the percolator and clean it with my hands, then wipe it off with a towel

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Normally I wipe down with a wipe if just a drop dirty, or rinse with soap and water in the sink if more dirty.

I can't do either of those on Shabbos and still trying to figure out a solution...

Many rabbis don’t allow wipes.
You can spray onto the tray and wipe off with a paper towel without squeezing out any liquid.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 5:34 pm
Never heard of soap being an issue. We personally use wipes, but what about that spray that people use instead of wipes when changing diapers? How about baking soda? Regardless, you really need to figure out this soap issue because not washing after using the bathroom or changing a dirty diaper is extremely unhygienic.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:28 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
How can you clean anything if you haven't even washed your hands after using the bathroom? If you're touching it at all it will need to get cleaned after Shabbos anyway. You might as well leave it.

Can't Believe It Surprised

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:30 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Never heard of soap being an issue. We personally use wipes, but what about that spray that people use instead of wipes when changing diapers? How about baking soda? Regardless, you really need to figure out this soap issue because not washing after using the bathroom or changing a dirty diaper is extremely unhygienic.

We even use soap to clean our hands after dirty diaper or bathroom on YK!

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:31 pm
You really touch food without washing your hands after the bathroom or changing a dirty diaper?

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:33 pm
emmes wrote:
I pour some hot water from the percolator and clean it with my hands, then wipe it off with a towel

If you are not using soap after the bathroom or a diaper, I’m not sure using your hands is helping.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:09 pm
You can cover the tray with a cheap garbage bag then dispose the bag
I don’t recommend tin foil since it can cut

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:14 pm
Everybody needs to chill.

Op it’s normal to have incorrect misunderstandings, there are so many rules in our life! It’s good that you opened this thread so now you can ask about using soap permissibly.

No need to shame her, we learn new things all the time.

mommyhood

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:26 pm
You can mix vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use that to clean on Shabbos. Or just pour a little on the tray directly if you cant use a spray bottle and scrub with a Shabbos sponge. It smells but works pretty well to clean.

Frumme

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:37 pm
You can get really sick or make others sick if you don't wash your hands with soap before preparing food.

amother Arcticblue wrote:

I agree with most of this post except for the aluminum sheet idea, I did this once and it was a disaster (child shredded the aluminum sheet up and pieces were all over the food etc)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics