Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Tried & true cream of chicken soup for sheva brachos

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:57 pm
Does anyone have a good recipe to share?

I see lots of recipes out there, but no idea if they're good. Wondering if anyone has a good recipe they've used in the past.

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 7:17 pm
There was somebody I was following on Instagram that had the best recipe I ever tried. I'll try to remember who it was and look for it because I don't have Instagram anymore.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 7:37 pm
tweety1 wrote:
There was somebody I was following on Instagram that had the best recipe I ever tried. I'll try to remember who it was and look for it because I don't have Instagram anymore.

Please let me know if you remember.

I really want to do it, but I need for a huge number of people so I don't want to just try any random recipe...

tweety1

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:21 pm
5 peeled yellow and green zucchini-combo of both
3 peeled and cubed Yukon gold potatoes
In a wrap n boil bags put: 2 onions, 7 cloves garlic, 2 parsnips, 1 turnip, 2 stalks celery, (and optional a few sprigs dill if you like the flavor- I omitted it)
1 soup net with chicken bones (I order this ready from my butcher)
3 butterflies chicken breast in a wrap n boil bags
Put everything into a pot. Cover with water + additional 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Add 2 Tablespoon salt plus a sprinkle or 2 of black pepper. Lower the flame and cook for 4-5 hours. After its done take out all the nets. Blend the soup. Shred the chicken breast and put back into the soup. Taste to make sure it has enough salt.
I tried so many different versions of cream of chicken soup. This is by far the best one.
Eta: it's from chef tzippy. If she's on here let the credit go to where it belongs.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:24 pm
https://I.imgur.com/eZm16P9.jpg

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:27 pm
Thank you!!

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:50 pm
3-4 onions, diced
1-2 carrots cut in chunks
2 chicken cutlets
1 cup barley
2 Tbsp salt
Water to cover plus 2-3 cups

Sauté onions until translucent (don’t let it get dark or the soup will be brown). Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cook for 2 hours. Remove chicken, shred, return to pot and cook another couple of hours.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 8:52 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
3-4 onions, diced
1-2 carrots cut in chunks
2 chicken cutlets
1 cup barley
2 Tbsp salt
Water to cover plus 2-3 cups

Sauté onions until translucent (don’t let it get dark or the soup will be brown). Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cook for 2 hours. Remove chicken, shred, return to pot and cook another couple of hours.

Thanks. Do you blend this before adding in the shredded chicken?

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:00 pm
Mine is so easy and incredible you may want to double the recipe of making for a sheva brachos.

Cream of chicken soup: 2 onions diced, 7 zucchini peeled and diced, 4 garlic and some oil. Add 2 lb bones in a net and a pack of dark chicken cutlets (not in net) a few dashes of salt half tsp Pepper and some chicken soup mix. Add water till covered. Cook for about 2 hour. Take out the chicken and bag of bones. Blend the rest of soup. Pull the cutlets and throw it back in.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:08 pm
@chantzyw on Instagram has a cream chicken soup and she even says it freezes well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days