Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Little boys peeing in public
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:48 am
I was at the park recently and saw a frum woman take her son to a tree in the corner to pee next to. It really grossed me out - peeing should be done in private! Plus there are pedophiles, your kids genitals shouldn’t be exposed in public like that. Not to mention if I didn’t see the kid peeing, I could have sat down near that tree afterwards not knowing I’d be getting wet from urine.

I am a girl mom so no personal experience here. I see how much more convenient it is to have your kid pee outdoors but gross, please don’t.

Am I unique in holding this view?

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:50 am
I don't think there's anything wrong with a little boy peeing at a tree in the park, or at the side of the road. It's not gross. Don't look. If someone does it, it's usually in an emergency.
Perks of being a boy....

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I was at the park recently and saw a frum woman take her son to a tree in the corner to pee next to. It really grossed me out - peeing should be done in private! Plus there are pedophiles, your kids genitals shouldn’t be exposed in public like that.

I am a girl mom so no personal experience here. I see how much more convenient it is to have your kid pee outdoors but gross, please don’t.

I have done it, when there is no bathroom in the park and I don’t know anyone in the area, or if the park is in a remote area. I do my best to make sure my child is hidden from public view. I don’t do it for convenience, but rather out of necessity.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:52 am
amother Yarrow wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with a little boy peeing at a tree in the park, or at the side of the road.It's not gross. Don't look.
Perks of being a boy....

I taught my boys to pee in a bottle, and we throw out the bottles the next time we stop. (And obviously get new ones) I wish I could do similar with my girls, it would definitely cut down on the amount of time we spend driving on our road trips. It’s not like bathroom needs are coordinated when we are in the road, so we can literally stop multiple times in one hour!!

giftedmom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:53 am
The city parks I’ve been to have gross bathrooms used by homeless druggies and half the time they’re locked. So yeah, totally did it. Adult men do it all the time.
I’ve had both my toddler girls and boys pee on the side of the road if they urgently needed.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:53 am
I have also done it many times. I have a park near me that doesn't open the bathrooms until spring. Last week I was there and many kids used the woods....you do what you gotta do....

giftedmom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:55 am
Lemme just add since you’re a girl mom… when little boys go to public bathrooms they’re peeing with other people present. Male bathrooms are built that way. So if you’re worried about pedophiles…

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:55 am
No one pees in the park because there is a toilet nearby, ppl do it case of emergency when there’s no other option. So no I wouldn’t mind if someone did it if there was no other option, even little girls, little kids can’t always hold it in so the other option is to let them wet themselves which is a lot worse.

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:20 pm
Mom of both boys and girls here. OP I feel you, I am also not a fan. I equate it with people who throw their trash out their car window - the world isn’t your trash can, or your toilet. Other people might do it but we can be classier.

That said, parenting is hard and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge too harshly. Maybe I’ve just gotten lucky that I always seem to find a bathroom around when my kids need it.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was at the park recently and saw a frum woman take her son to a tree in the corner to pee next to. It really grossed me out - peeing should be done in private! Plus there are pedophiles, your kids genitals shouldn’t be exposed in public like that. Not to mention if I didn’t see the kid peeing, I could have sat down near that tree afterwards not knowing I’d be getting wet from urine.

No, you’re right!!! It’s classless, untzniusdig and very bad chinuch to allow a kid to expose himself and pee in public.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:50 pm
I'd choose a little kid's pee over a dog's any day, but for some reason we're more offended by a child.

The bigger issue is lack of bublic restrooms.

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:52 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Mom of both boys and girls here. OP I feel you, I am also not a fan. I equate it with people who throw their trash out their car window - the world isn’t your trash can, or your toilet. Other people might do it but we can be classier.

That said, parenting is hard and I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and not judge too harshly. Maybe I’ve just gotten lucky that I always seem to find a bathroom around when my kids need it.

Is it classy to let your child wet themselves?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:

I don’t throw garbage out the window, nor do I allow my children to. We make sure everything goes in a garbage can.
I don’t do it on a regular basis, but if I have a child who needs to go to the bathroom and there is no bathroom nearby, what am I supposed to do? It’s not like getting everyone into the car and going back to the house would guarantee the child doesn’t wet himself.

GLUE

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:57 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I taught my boys to pee in a bottle, and we throw out the bottles the next time we stop. (And obviously get new ones) I wish I could do similar with my girls, it would definitely cut down on the amount of time we spend driving on our road trips. It’s not like bathroom needs are coordinated when we are in the road, so we can literally stop multiple times in one hour!!

I fond that if you warn in advance that we are stopping now and not stopping for another x amount of time, they can coordinate their bathroom needs.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:57 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
I'd choose a little kid's pee over a dog's any day, but for some reason we're more offended by a child.

The bigger issue is lack of bublic restrooms.

I just wanted to say,

I can’t say if I would do it. But a tree stump is definitely not the place to have your picnic. It’s where dogs go.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:58 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:

Really? You're comparing a little boy peeing at a tree to throwing trash on the floor? This is just beyond me. Why a parent would compare the 2.
(Besides for, peeing at a tree doesn't negatively effect the environment.)

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 12:59 pm
GLUE wrote:
I fond that if you warn in advance that we are stopping now and not stopping for another x amount of time, they can coordinate their bathroom needs.

That never works with my kids….I think they purposely DONT coordinate.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 1:00 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
No, you’re right!!! It’s classless, untzniusdig and very bad chinuch to allow a kid to expose himself and pee in public.

Oh my! Seriously??? Bad chinuch and untznius???
You are being really extreme!!! Is it better for a child to wet themselves?? Rather then to pee at the corner out of sight?
If YOU stare at a little boy peeing at a tree, YOU'RE the one that's untznius. Not the little boy.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Cherry wrote:

In most places, I believe public urination is actually illegal. My kids of any age would not feel comfortable doing this. And yes, I have quite a few boys.

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Copper wrote:
In most places, I believe public urination is actually illegal. My kids of any age would not feel comfortable doing this. And yes, I have quite a few boys.

Oh please, kids peeing at a tree at the corner of a park, is hardly public urination.
I guess your boys are more comfortable peeing themselves. No one has their boys pee at a tree just because. If people do it, it's obviously an emergency situation.
I think you'll pass out if you hear that I once had a bathroom emergency in public....
Kids peeing outside is also more common in certain countries. No one gives a hoot.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics